Great grandparents commune(s) of birth and marriage?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
3rd3rd
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 27 Jul 2008, 16:07
Location: Illinois

Re: Great grandparents commune(s) of birth and marriage?

Post by 3rd3rd »

Thank you very much suanj for taking the time to do this!!!

Edited to add: Is it customary to include a return envelope, or International Reply Coupon, or ???

Sincerely,

John Q.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Great grandparents commune(s) of birth and marriage?

Post by suanj »

don't including nothing... they can make all...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
3rd3rd
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 27 Jul 2008, 16:07
Location: Illinois

Re: Great grandparents commune(s) of birth and marriage?

Post by 3rd3rd »

OK! Thanks much again, suanj! I'll get this in the post by Monday!

Best regards,

John Q.
User avatar
3rd3rd
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 27 Jul 2008, 16:07
Location: Illinois

Re: Great grandparents commune(s) of birth and marriage?

Post by 3rd3rd »

suanj,

I am sorry to be a pest! From my reading, it appears that the Chicago consulate is one that requires GGF's Certificate of Citizenship. If you have time could you please tell me how to request this in Italian? And I will add it as item number 4 to the letter you posted above.

Thank you again for all the wonderful help you have given me!

Very Best Regards,

John Q.
User avatar
3rd3rd
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 27 Jul 2008, 16:07
Location: Illinois

Re: Great grandparents commune(s) of birth and marriage?

Post by 3rd3rd »

I found the Italian for the "Certificate of Citizenship". Would this be correct?:

4). Certificato di Cittadinanza di SODINI, Angelo

-John Q.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Great grandparents commune(s) of birth and marriage?

Post by suanj »

and why they ask it? if a people is son of italians and born in Italy is a complete italian...! but if necessary the request is right.... so:
Certificato di Cittadinanza di SODINI Angelo nato a....... ( born in) il... ( the) figlio di......... ( name father) e di ................( name mother)
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
3rd3rd
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 27 Jul 2008, 16:07
Location: Illinois

Re: Great grandparents commune(s) of birth and marriage?

Post by 3rd3rd »

suanj wrote:and why they ask it? if a people is son of italians and born in Italy is a complete italian...!...
A very good question! It is amazing to me that each consulate seems to have different rules, requirements and standards. I would think that for something as important as this, it would standardized!

Thank you again for your patient help, suanj!

Best Regards,

John Q.
Huntress
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 13:40
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Great grandparents commune(s) of birth and marriage?

Post by Huntress »

3rd3rd wrote:Hello!

I have begun the process of trying to find and accumulate all the information for application for dual citizenship via my maternal GGF.

I've found that he, Angelo Sodini, was born Apr. 15, 1864, came to the US (Chicago) in 1892. He married Eugenia Bianchi (marriage date unknown), born Feb. 8, 1869. She followed him to the US with first son/great-uncle Gilbert, (born 1891, so marriage date prior...) in 1897.

1910 Census records show the entire family in Chicago, including GGM's parents.

What I don't know is exactly where they were born and married. Family rumor has it as Lucca, but no one is sure.

Any suggestions that anyone can provide as to how best to find the actual places of birth and marriage would be gratefully appreciated!
Angelo E Sodini is my 2nd Great Grand Uncle, his brother Joseph Sodini is my 2nd Great Grandfather. I would love to get in contact with you to compare genealogy notes. I live in the Chicago area.

I see it has been almost two years since your last post, I hope you see this.

Diana
Post Reply