Residence question???

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 739
Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: The Alps - N.Italy

Re: Residence question???

Post by elba »

mmonico wrote:yes it is but, achievable.
I would hazard a gues that you will not be able to achieve your citizenship by next March. In fact I doubt whether you will have even collected all the documents required by then.

But you might be able to get someone to allow you to 'board' with them while on a 90 day visit. Then apply for your PdS, send that application off with all the required documentation, then take the receipt to the Comune where you will be boarding and apply for residency.

I am surprised that the sports authority that is asking you to represent Italy hasn't arranged all this for you. They are far more likely to know exactly how such permissions can be achieved. Many countries have 'foreign residents' or 'new citizens' who compete for them and the route to achieve this is usually made really easy. Have you asked, or have they suggested such a solution?
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Residence question???

Post by PeterTimber »

The real question is how long it will take for the Italian embassy or consulate to process your application. it may take anywhere from one week to one year. The entire process could cost several hundred dollar at most plus fees and taxes if you go thru an agency. =Peter=
User avatar
mmonico
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 30 May 2008, 21:27

Re: Residence question???

Post by mmonico »

Well I have to go thru the Detroit consulate and I hear that they are one of the better ones. So we will see what happens. I dont have to have citizenship by March just by the end of Jan. 2010. But the sooner the better.
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Residence question???

Post by PeterTimber »

Miami seems to be a good choice lately from what I hear and read. =Peter=
Post Reply