Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Jenny_lynn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 15:21

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by Jenny_lynn »

Wow...I was doing some searches to see if I could find family..because I know I have some on my Grandma's side...my Grandmother is Vincie..her maiden was Vigliano..but she married my grandfather and became a Re'...They had one son together..Frank..thats my dad...this is wild..I have met some relatives of mine in Mass...but that was so long ago..I just recently saw my grandmother's brother "Busty" which I think may be a nickname for Sabastiano..

-Jenny
User avatar
seabreezes1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 01:00
Location: Gloucester, MA
Contact:

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by seabreezes1 »

Hi cousin~

Thanks to a little help from my friends, I have some good stuff for you on the greater Vegliano/Vigliano family (like so many of the families, there seems to be alternate spellings.) Jenny (and Elizabeth), email me directly through my website.

On that site, these are the two pages that will most interest you.

Stories: http://web.me.com/seabreezes1/Karen_Spe ... story.html
Chart: http://web.me.com/seabreezes1/Karen_Spe ... rubbed.HTM

Karen
Karen
Sicilian Family: Favazza, Favaloro, LoChirco, Russo
Lombard Family: Aspesi, Morosi, Ferrazzi, Zocchi, Caru
Website: http://www.karenfavazzaspencer.com
User avatar
Jenny_lynn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 15:21

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by Jenny_lynn »

Thats awesome..I went through the links you provided..and I never realized the depth of my ancestry...the funny thing is..I also carry a genetic trait for thallessemia...which from what I was told is from the region my grandmother's parents are from...I know a few of my relatives in Gloucester but it has been so long since I last saw them...but I know my dad keeps in contact with some of them
User avatar
seabreezes1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 01:00
Location: Gloucester, MA
Contact:

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by seabreezes1 »

Glad you enjoyed it. Nobody had all this information. I've been digging at it for awhile, interviewing different branches of the family, going thru archives and connecting with other researchers to uncover it all.

Email me directly. I'd love to know more about Vincie's family.
Karen
Sicilian Family: Favazza, Favaloro, LoChirco, Russo
Lombard Family: Aspesi, Morosi, Ferrazzi, Zocchi, Caru
Website: http://www.karenfavazzaspencer.com
User avatar
vegliano
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 29 Sep 2009, 03:41

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by vegliano »

Hi Jenny,
I haven't looked at this site in a while and just saw your posting. Your grandmother Vincie is my Aunt, her sister Elizabeth is my Mom. I know your Dad Frankie. My name is Robbin I'm 50 yrs old and your Grandmother Vincie has always been a favorite Aunt. I used to go to her houde in Magnoila and we would pick ziccini from her garden. She used to bake sesame cookies and she was always laughing. I didn't know Busty as much as some of the other Aunts and Uncles. My brother has the genetic trait for thallessemia also. I live in New Hamshire now but lived in Rockport and Goucester for years.
User avatar
seabreezes1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 01:00
Location: Gloucester, MA
Contact:

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by seabreezes1 »

I checked the 1971 Polk directory:
Re Frank (Vincie) supvr O'Donnell USEN h292 Western Av
See: http://www.genealogia.fi/emi/emi75re.htm

I'd love to chat more, and share more. I wonder if Vincie's husband was related to the Lo Re family in Windsor Canada that the Favazza's also married into. Contact me via my site, ladies.
Karen
Sicilian Family: Favazza, Favaloro, LoChirco, Russo
Lombard Family: Aspesi, Morosi, Ferrazzi, Zocchi, Caru
Website: http://www.karenfavazzaspencer.com
User avatar
Jenny_lynn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 15:21

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by Jenny_lynn »

Wow..thats awesome..nice to meet you Robin! I remember meeting some family in Gloucester of ours that had a restaurant..it was so long ago though..I think I was like 11 or 12...but here is my e-mail if you ever want to keep in touch jenny_lynn1988@yahoo.com

I live in VA right now but am trying to move back to FL to be closer to my parents..My dad is in Orange Park,FL and Grandma Vincie isnt doing so well..she lives in a nursing home near my father..my grandfather Frank passed in '02 I beleive..but you may have already known that

oh and Seebreezes..your site wasnt working right for me...can I give you my email and have you send me ur e-mail so I can add it to my address book on yahoo?
User avatar
vegliano
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 29 Sep 2009, 03:41

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by vegliano »

Uncle Frank, V's brother owned a resterant in Rockport and Aunt Mary's Daughter Rose and and her kids own Captain Carlo's in Glo. I'm sad to here V's not doing well. I will e-mail you. I'm at maxp@gsinet.net
User avatar
Jenny_lynn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 15:21

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by Jenny_lynn »

Robin, I found the link for captcarlos..is this is it?


http://www.captcarlo.com/
User avatar
vegliano
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 29 Sep 2009, 03:41

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by vegliano »

Yes, thats it Carlo's was Aunt mary's husband. It's owned and run by there kids and grandchildren
briz05key
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 11:15

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by briz05key »

Hey I visited your link The photo link you attached there it was giving very great information.
User avatar
seabreezes1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 01:00
Location: Gloucester, MA
Contact:

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by seabreezes1 »

Hi -

My website url has changed. Updates to original links with info on Vegliano / Vigliano family

Stories: http://www.karenfavazzaspencer.com/Kare ... story.html
Chart: http://www.karenfavazzaspencer.com/Kare ... rubbed.HTM

Best,
Karen
Sicilian Family: Favazza, Favaloro, LoChirco, Russo
Lombard Family: Aspesi, Morosi, Ferrazzi, Zocchi, Caru
Website: http://www.karenfavazzaspencer.com
Kyoung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Feb 2020, 15:57

Re: Gigliano or Vigliano from Gloucester

Post by Kyoung »

My grandmother is Rose Mendes (Vigliano) married to Mario. My mom is Dolores, we visited Gloucester often as children. My grandmother lived in Magnolia than moved to St Augustine FL. When my grandfather passed away we moved my grandmother to Syracuse NY with us. The only family I have met was Aunt Mary, Aunt Gracie and Uncle Leo. My mom knows a lot more about this side of the family. But know that Rose Vigliano is 95 and doing well living in Syracuse NY
Post Reply