Certification of Non-existence of Naturalization Record

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
taxi55
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 185
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:15

Re: Certification of Non-existence of Naturalization Record

Post by taxi55 »

How long did it take you to hear back from the county court? (Or did you not hear back from them?)
User avatar
Mulé
Elite
Elite
Posts: 266
Joined: 16 Nov 2009, 18:38

Re: Certification of Non-existence of Naturalization Record

Post by Mulé »

I walked in and did a search, a very small county in PA. They don't have many records, so I also then wrote to the the district court for Western PA in Pittsburgh as well, figured it couldn't hurt. Still no records found.
User avatar
Mulé
Elite
Elite
Posts: 266
Joined: 16 Nov 2009, 18:38

Re: Certification of Non-existence of Naturalization Record

Post by Mulé »

In my mailbox this afternoon was my certified letter of non-existence of naturalization. Yee-haw! (I am not a southerner) I can't believe it, the letter is dated December 3rd, 2009 and postmarked on December 15th. I had only sent my request on the 19th of November!!! I am now ahead of schedule. :) Time to get me documents to the Philly consulate for legalization and then try to get a Boston appointmen.

However this statement on the letter is not worded for easy comprehension:
4. The after a diligent search was performed in these database systems, no record was found to exist indicating that the subject listed below obtained naturalization as a citizen of the United States:
If there is interest, I will PDF up the whole two pages, cover page and actual letter.

This is an early Christmas gift for sure!
Post Reply