Giuseppe (Joseph) and Antionette DiCorcia from Santomenna

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
neetjoe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Aug 2010, 01:16
Location: Torrance, CA

Re: Giuseppe (Joseph) and Antionette DiCorcia from Santomenn

Post by neetjoe »

Hi Bob,
I hope we both hit pay dirt.
My Uncle was Joe DiCorcia and his wife was Antionette.
They had two children, Joseph and Rose.
They lived in Jersey City.
I think your Grandfather and my father both came to Jersey City from Santomenna about the same time in 1915-1917.
I believe my wife and I visited the grave of Antionette's sister in Santomenna in 2000.
Your Aunt Rose was married to Tony LoVecchio.
Hopefully your mother's name was Doris.
Hope we hit pay dirt.
Attached is a picture of my Joe DiCorcia.
User avatar
neetjoe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Aug 2010, 01:16
Location: Torrance, CA

Re: Giuseppe (Joseph) and Antionette DiCorcia from Santomenn

Post by neetjoe »

Hi Bob,
I forgot about your father. I was closer to your uncle Joe. I realized after I wrote that Frank had to be your father. If your father were alive, he would be able to answer some of your questions. I just read on line yesterday about your Aunt Rose LoVecchio's death. Sorry to hear that. Your Uncle Joe worked in the newsstand on Montgomery Street in Jersey City. Your Grandmother's maiden name was Voza. Ask your Uncle Joe about Me. My Last name is Dinicola. I didn't know or can't remember your mother. I was very close to your Uncle Joe and Aunt Doris. I'm waiting patiently to hear frrom you and Your Uncle Joe.
User avatar
neetjoe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Aug 2010, 01:16
Location: Torrance, CA

Re: Giuseppe (Joseph) and Antionette DiCorcia from Santomenn

Post by neetjoe »

Bob, I just spoke to your Uncle Joe in Ocean City.
It was great hearing his voice again.
We talked about the good old days.
We spoke about the time my mother Mary and I (Joseph) went to his house when his kids were small. When his daughter heard that Mary and Joseph were coming, she wanted to know if Jesus was coming too.
Thank you for perking up my interest enough to find his phone number and calling him. He pointed out that the last time we saw each other was 1977 when my wife and I went to Jersey City to visit my Mom for her 70th birthday party.
hoping to hear from you soon.
Joe
Post Reply