Pronunciation of these towns
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Pronunciation of these towns
Using "Carmine" as an example, you should hear two very distinct pronunciations when you set the language to English vs. Italian: Car-mine vs. car-MEE-nay.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Pronunciation of these towns
Just to test it I put "my name is alicia" and put Italian. It said exactly that but with an accent. Then I put in the word water and it said water with an accent. I cracked up! Maybe I need an account or something
Alicia
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Pronunciation of these towns
Okay, I see.
Oddcast is not a translator, just a "speaker". In this case, it did exactly as expected, it tried to pronounce the words you wrote in the way that an Italian would pronounce *those words*.
Try instead, "Mi chiamo Alicia"
Or, "Buongiorno, mi chiamo Alicia"
Oddcast is not a translator, just a "speaker". In this case, it did exactly as expected, it tried to pronounce the words you wrote in the way that an Italian would pronounce *those words*.
Try instead, "Mi chiamo Alicia"
Or, "Buongiorno, mi chiamo Alicia"
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Pronunciation of these towns
Ohhh! I see. No wonder when I put in Gimigliano it said it right. But when I went with english it didnt work. Duh!
Alicia
Alicia