Italian music
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Italian music
Robert Louis Ridarelli's version of Volare. What, you've never heard of Bobby Rydell? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Rydell
Anything by Walden Robert Cassotto (aka Bobby Darin). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_darin
It has been said that Francis Albert (Frank) Sinatra never recorded or sang publicly in Italian. Dino Paul Crocetti (Dean Martin), on the other hand, did so often and well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Martin
Anthony Dominick Benedetto. Need I say more? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Bennet
Pierino Ronald (Perry) Como. The quintessential Italian barber who became a hugely successful recording artist and TV personality. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Como
John Francis Bongiovi, Jr aka Bon Jovi. Not my style, but what the heck. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Bon_Jovi
Alfred Cini. Very popular in his time but not widely known today, Al Martino was "one of the great Italian American pop crooners". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Martino
Vito Rocco Farinola. Another great artist who has sadly faded to the background. aka Vic Damone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Damone
Francis Stephen Castelluccio. With the Four Seasons, Frankie Valli was one of only two American rock-and-roll era artists/groups (the other was The Beach Boys) able to maintain their chartability in the face of the Beatles and the rest of the "British Invasion." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Valli
Anything by Walden Robert Cassotto (aka Bobby Darin). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_darin
It has been said that Francis Albert (Frank) Sinatra never recorded or sang publicly in Italian. Dino Paul Crocetti (Dean Martin), on the other hand, did so often and well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Martin
Anthony Dominick Benedetto. Need I say more? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Bennet
Pierino Ronald (Perry) Como. The quintessential Italian barber who became a hugely successful recording artist and TV personality. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Como
John Francis Bongiovi, Jr aka Bon Jovi. Not my style, but what the heck. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Bon_Jovi
Alfred Cini. Very popular in his time but not widely known today, Al Martino was "one of the great Italian American pop crooners". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Martino
Vito Rocco Farinola. Another great artist who has sadly faded to the background. aka Vic Damone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Damone
Francis Stephen Castelluccio. With the Four Seasons, Frankie Valli was one of only two American rock-and-roll era artists/groups (the other was The Beach Boys) able to maintain their chartability in the face of the Beatles and the rest of the "British Invasion." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Valli
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Italian music
These are all some of my favorite songs and artists. Thank you so much for sharing! Ive been listening to oldies since I was a child. I just love them. Thanks Biff and Carmine! Its crazy! You guys are listing the contents of my ipod. I was born in the wrong era 
Alicia
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Italian music
Okay, I've just got to ask: How do you feel about Barry Manilow?DeFilippis78 wrote:These are all some of my favorite songs and artists. Thank you so much for sharing! Ive been listening to oldies since I was a child. I just love them. Thanks Biff and Carmine! Its crazy! You guys are listing the contents of my ipod. I was born in the wrong era
Alicia
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Italian music
NO! But my mother liked him. I love 40s big band music and 50s golden oldies. I LOVE Elvis. I have to admit I like the british invasion, especially the Beatles. After the mid 60s, Im done. There isnt anything out there I like from that point on. So Ive turned to international music. I know...Im a bit odd 
Alicia
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Italian music
As defined by the Urban Dictionary, "Angst, often confused with anxiety, is a transcendent emotion in that it combines the unbearable anguish of life with the hopes of overcoming this seemingly impossible situation."DeFilippis78 wrote:NO! But my mother liked him.
Angst is by far my favorite emotion; I knew it well as a teenager and it continues to be a part of my life today. For this reason, I am somewhat ashamed to admit, Barry Manilow is one of my favorite songwriters/composers/music producers/performers. I know, there is a lot of dorky stuff in his discography, but songs like "Weekend in New England", "The Old Songs", and "Lonely Together" really work for me.
Also, many people measure Barry Manilow by the songs which made him famous in the 70's and have little knowledge of his other works, particularly in the field of Swing and Jazz. I recommend that anyone who thinks they dislike his work check out his critically acclaimed 2001 album of all new material, Here at the Mayflower. Songs like "Some Bar By the Harbor", "That Night That Tito Played", and "Welcome Home" show a side of Manilow that would surprise many; everytime we visit my 86 year-old mother-in-law at her nursing home, I am reminded of the cuts "Not What You See" and "I Miss You".
Finally, Barry Manilow shares a very big problem with author Stephen King. Many of King's best works were failures as movies because his stuff needs to be read and imagined, not seen. Manilow's problem is that TV is not kind to him; he was never a pretty face and he does not play well to the camera. But, as a stage performer, few can match him.
Thus ends my 1,000th post in this forum.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Italian music
Oh I get it. Your trying to make me a Manilow fan AND use him to hit your 1000th post. Shameful. Your using him for your own gain. Poor Barry!
Alicia
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Italian music
I figured number 1,000 should have some significance and not be just another in a long series of genealogy posts.DeFilippis78 wrote:Oh I get it. Your trying to make me a Manilow fan AND use him to hit your 1000th post. Shameful. Your using him for your own gain. Poor Barry!![]()
![]()
![]()
Alicia
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Italian music
So you honored Barry with your 1000th post. How sweet. LOL!
Alicia
Alicia
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Italian music
Carmine,
Im really enjoying that CD by Nek you recommended. My 11 month old loves it too. She bounces around when its on. Thanks!
Alicia
Im really enjoying that CD by Nek you recommended. My 11 month old loves it too. She bounces around when its on. Thanks!
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Italian music
I am glad to hear you like it. Have you seen his web site? He's one good-looking Italian boy, don't you think?
If I wasn't straight...
http://www.nekweb.com/
By the way, I just google "nek lyrics" for example and come up with lots of hits. Beware; most of these sites use a lot of pop-up ads.
Try this one for the "Best of Nek" songs: http://www.lyricsmania.com/the_best_of_ ... s_nek.html
In the Tu sei, Tu sai lyrics, the numeral "3" is supposed to be "tre" and the "6" further down is the verb (not the number) "sei"
If I wasn't straight...
http://www.nekweb.com/
By the way, I just google "nek lyrics" for example and come up with lots of hits. Beware; most of these sites use a lot of pop-up ads.
Try this one for the "Best of Nek" songs: http://www.lyricsmania.com/the_best_of_ ... s_nek.html
In the Tu sei, Tu sai lyrics, the numeral "3" is supposed to be "tre" and the "6" further down is the verb (not the number) "sei"
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Italian music
LOL! Im cracking up! Very striking eyes! Other members are going to torment you now, you know that right? 
Anyhow, I would like the lyrics along with it. I like to know what Im listening too. I listen to some spanish music although Im not spanish and looked up the lyrics. Well, to my surprise some were very sexually explicit! And here my kids were dancing around to it, lol! That was the end of that
Alicia
Anyhow, I would like the lyrics along with it. I like to know what Im listening too. I listen to some spanish music although Im not spanish and looked up the lyrics. Well, to my surprise some were very sexually explicit! And here my kids were dancing around to it, lol! That was the end of that
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Italian music
I edited my last post; look again.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Italian music
What the number thing? Your not kidding about pop ups. Good grief!
Alicia
Alicia
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Italian music
I see the lyrics are now shown on his website as well - they weren't there the last time I tried.
Click English Version -> Album -> L'Anno Zero -> highlight a song and then click the left-most icon which pops up.
Click English Version -> Album -> L'Anno Zero -> highlight a song and then click the left-most icon which pops up.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Italian music
I see Italian lyrics. But where is the translation?
Alicia
Alicia