Marsicovetere

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 25 Aug 2010, 00:39

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by jessahip »

I am not sure if this is him because he was born on May 30th approx 1872. His parents I am pretty sure were not farmers but am not sure!!! I am looking to see if you can look up each of the brothers and sister. Augustine was born 1877 and Michael or Michaele 1880. To see if the parents match up to Giovanni's record. I know Giovanni's parents never came to America.
Tessa78 wrote:Hi Debi! :-)

Thanks for posting this record...
Did you happen to look at #156 (the record before this one)? Can you give me the name of the child named on that record?

Here is the translation for this birth act... #157


On 16 June 1872 in Marsico, Province of Basilicata, District of Potenza, before the official appeared Vitantonio Marsicovetere son of deceased Giovanni, age 26, peasant farmer residing in this comune, to present the testimonies of Angelo Maggio, father unknown, 40, and Michele Vaccaro son of Francesco Saverio, 36, both peasant farmers residing in this comune, to the presentation of a male child born to his legitimate wife Mariantonia Vaccaro, peasant farmer, on the 15th of this month at 2 PM, and to whom was given the name Giovanni Marsicovetere.
His name was Giovanni Marsicovetere born approx May 30 1872
T.
User avatar
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 25 Aug 2010, 00:39

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by jessahip »

The ship record for Giovanni is not correct because his mother never came over so the facts on it do not add up.... but thank you!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by suanj »

In Marsico Nuovo, the 30 may 1872 was born:

-MARSICOVETERE Gianuario( no Giovanni, but Gianuario) born the 30 May 1872 in Marsico Nuovo, son of Francesco( son of late Gianuario) and MariaAntonia (daughter of late Gianuario - both the spouses having the father with first name Gianuario)
birth act:
pag 1 http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9887 ... y18721.jpg
pag 2 http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9321 ... y18722.jpg

and this is the only Marsicovetere born in Marsico Nuovo the 30 may 1872 so the first name was Gianuario and not Giovanni; he used John in USA

other siblings that I found until now:
-MARSICOVETERE Augustalia born the 23 sep 1877 in Marsico Nuovo, daughter of Francesco and MariaAntonia (daughter of late Gianuario)
birth act:
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9971 ... pt1877.jpg

-MARSICOVETERE Michele born the 11 Mar 1880 in Marsico Nuovo, son of Francesco and MariaAntonia (daughter of late Gianuario)
birth act:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7823/m ... ar1880.jpg

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by liviomoreno »

(Suanj, scusa la pedanteria)

-MARSICOVETERE Gianuario was born the 29 May 1872 in Marsico Nuovo, son of Francesco (son of late Gianuario), 26, farmer and Mariantonia Marsicovetere (same surname of her husband, father not mentioned)
birth act:
pag 1 http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9887 ... y18721.jpg
pag 2 http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9321 ... y18722.jpg


-MARSICOVETERE Augustalia born the 23 Sept 1877 in Marsico Nuovo, daughter of Francesco, 36, famer and Mariantonia Marsicovetere (daughter of late Gianuario)
birth act:
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9971 ... pt1877.jpg

-MARSICOVETERE Michele born the 11 Mar 1880 in Marsico Nuovo, son of Francesco, 36, farmer and Mariantonia Marsicovetere (daughter of late Gianuario)
birth act:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7823/m ... ar1880.jpg
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by suanj »

va beh Livio, non ho specificato il cognome della madre perchè prima di tutto aspetto la risposta di conferma di jessaship, per sapere se li ritiene probabili; eppoi se lo poteva leggere da sè visto che avevo già speso tempo prezioso per trovarli e postarne le immagini... qualora pensi che siano i suoi antenati....

poi che Gianuario sia nato il 29 o il 30 Maggio 1872 non fa una differenza oceanica; è stato registrato il 30 maggio 1872 ed è l'unico Marsicovetere che sia nato in quei giorni... quindi deve essere lui... spero che non mi bacchetterai come facevano i maestri di una volta... o devo andare dietro alla lavagna con i ceci sotto le ginocchia ???
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 25 Aug 2010, 00:39

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by jessahip »

Now is there anyway to find his brother Sam (Saverio) or to see if they had any other brothers and sisters? Also is there anyway to find the marriage certificate for Francesco or Mariaantonia?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by suanj »

so you think that are the right records..?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 25 Aug 2010, 00:39

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by jessahip »

yes as far as i see they seem to be adding up what does the name Gianuario translate to in english...could that have been possible to become Giovanni to become John?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by suanj »

Marriage act of
-MARSICOVETERE Francesco Saverio, age 23, farmer, son of late Gianuario and late Maria CIRIGLIANO

-MARSICOVETERE Mariantonia age 24, farmer, daughter of late Gianuario and of Luigia CONTE( or CONTI) :
Marsico Nuovo 27 May 1869
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3079 ... iage18.jpg
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by liviomoreno »

St Gianuario is the Saint patron of Marsico Nuovo.
It is very likely that Gianuario became John in US....
User avatar
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 25 Aug 2010, 00:39

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by jessahip »

and way to see if they had any other children?!? In the Marriage act does it say what church they were married in?
Thank you sooo much!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by suanj »

the image is of the civil marriage, I know not the church where they married...
for the other children... : if you have the birthdates I can search, otherwise, because it are several Marsicoveteres and no father name in the index, I cannot see all records.. I found a Saverio Marsicovetere born in 1875 but, born from other parents... and because the search is much long without helpful inputs, only if you have the birthdates and the first names I can search...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 25 Aug 2010, 00:39

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by jessahip »

was Mariantonia maiden name Marsicovetere?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by suanj »

yes, also... Mariantonia Marsicovetere (=nee Marsicovetere) married at Francesco Saverio Marsicovetere
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jessahip
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 25 Aug 2010, 00:39

Re: Marsicovetere

Post by jessahip »

I know that Saverio stayed in Italy but came to america for like 5 years or so but moved back to Italy is there any way to see if his descendents are still there?
Post Reply