No church in comune?
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: No church in comune?
That would be beautiful if it were named after faith. Nice guessing though! Im bummed though because i read only about 30 people live there now and they are all old. So by the time I get there I wonder if it will still even exist or its just going to fade away. At the same time, it makes me wonder why such a small town cant find the time to look up some records. Its not like this is Napoli Im asking for records from. Its a town with 354 families.Does the church you mentioned have a website?
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact:
Re: No church in comune?
Not to my knowledge. But you might want to try the following parish info:Does the church you mentioned have a website?
PARROCCHIA DI SAN NICOLA DI BARI
Via Valenzani, 37
84078 Vallo della Lucania (SA)
cell. 340.3050433
You might also try to contact the diocesan curia and ask if there are any church records for Stella Cilento.
Vicario Generale: Mons. Guglielmo Manna
Tel. e fax: 0974.4142
email: vicario@diocesivallodellalucania.it
John Armellino
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: No church in comune?
This is a little confusing for me. Stella Cilento is about 9 miles from Vallo. I know Vallo is the diocese Stella is under but doesnt each church keep its own records? So the church is in Stella but for info on the church Im contacting Vallo?
Or better yet, I have another question. Was Vallo and Stella once considered the same town?
Alicia
Or better yet, I have another question. Was Vallo and Stella once considered the same town?
Alicia
Re: No church in comune?
Looks like Stella has a new website. Have you explored this.
http://www.comune.stellacilento.sa.it/i ... index&p=55
http://www.comune.stellacilento.sa.it/i ... index&p=55
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact:
Re: No church in comune?
Sorry, I was a little unclear. I thought you might contact the diocesan curia to inquire as to the location of the San Nicola records or for contact information. Especially since there is an email address for the Vicar General. In addition, I have seen church records held at a diocesan curia; in particular, some 19th century records of San Bartolomeo (CB), which is no longer an active church. However, those records were the only church records I saw there of the 10 medieval churches of Campobasso and they were not complete. So it appears to be an exception. But, hey...you never know.This is a little confusing for me. Stella Cilento is about 9 miles from Vallo. I know Vallo is the diocese Stella is under but doesnt each church keep its own records? So the church is in Stella but for info on the church Im contacting Vallo?
John Armellino
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: No church in comune?
Well, Ill give it a try. Youve been very helpful John 
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact: