CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
So many people though have warned me to never contact the consulate that's why I'm so worried
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
It cannot hurt to call and ask permission to the consulate for this kind of thing. I would think they would rather you call and ask permission, but inconveinence them with a phone call over the alternative, not calling and bothering them, but just showing up to the appoint, unannounced.
Play it safe and call ahead. I'd rather be yelled at over the phone than in person!
j/k but this circumstance, I'd rather be safe and call.
Play it safe and call ahead. I'd rather be yelled at over the phone than in person!
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
To add my two cents - I'd call. I have bothered everyone (even the Consul and a Senator in Rome) in my ongoing quest to get an appt scheduled in Philly and have found everyone to be very nice and extremely professional. Call them. What's the worst that can happen? Heck, I'd even ask if you can discuss your case at the same time, but others seem to think that's a bad idea, but IMHO with citizenship on the line, it never hurts to ask and there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Good luck either way and remember citizenship is a Right. If you ruffle a few feathers they Cannot not grant you citizenship.
Ciao e buona fortuna.
Good luck either way and remember citizenship is a Right. If you ruffle a few feathers they Cannot not grant you citizenship.
Ciao e buona fortuna.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Ok I'll stop being so scared and I'll call at 330. I'll post what happens
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
No one picked up 
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Second time no answer not even an answering machine.
- JavaisLife
- Veteran

- Posts: 133
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 22:02
- Location: NYC
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Hi - sometimes it happens. You are calling them on a Friday
Try again Monday. ...
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
I have called Philly several times and have NEVER had them pick up or call me back. I have had success with emails.
Also, again this is based on Philly, but the consulate here closes at noon, maybe that is why we are backed up on appts, but there is a chance you called after the work day was done over there.
Think about trying again on Monday. Good luck either way.
Also, again this is based on Philly, but the consulate here closes at noon, maybe that is why we are backed up on appts, but there is a chance you called after the work day was done over there.
Think about trying again on Monday. Good luck either way.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
I know that many italian consulate in USA do not answer the phone because overwhelmed of any kind of burocratic process to speed up
Riccardo
Riccardo
- JavaisLife
- Veteran

- Posts: 133
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 22:02
- Location: NYC
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
As far as the NYC consulate is concerned, I have gotten them on the phone (both main line and the above direct number, about 10 + times... But only once on a Friday). Ive gotten Boston on the phone, every time and always received a call back. Just call back on Monday, you'll get through. Don't be afraid to call twice.
-Marie
-Marie
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Well I will def call back on monday
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
And why call so many consulates? Do you think it's worth it for me to email them
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
every single consulate serves a certain area, that is why there are so many, and USA is a big country
Riccardo
Riccardo
- JavaisLife
- Veteran

- Posts: 133
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 22:02
- Location: NYC
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
At the time. I thought I was moving to Boston.... Otherwise, you would only call the consulate where you reside.
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
In Italy, the country where Mothers and family mean EVERYTHING, and I do mean EVERYTHING, relatives accompany other relatives EVERYWHERE and I do mean EVERYWHERE. In fact, there are so many SONS accompanying their mothers EVERYWHERE that she doesn't even need a husband.
Therefore it's just a ridiculous asseertion that a SON would have to ask permission to accompany his mother to her appointment at the Consulate.
GO WITH YOUR MOTHER! If you think you're an Italian, ACT LIKE ONE! Just my two cents.
Therefore it's just a ridiculous asseertion that a SON would have to ask permission to accompany his mother to her appointment at the Consulate.
GO WITH YOUR MOTHER! If you think you're an Italian, ACT LIKE ONE! Just my two cents.
