Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Hi again, Tessa...
unfortunately I wasn't able to speak with my relatives. I've checked with Mr.Quido on Facebook and via e-mail, but I never received answers. Probably he is not interested? I sent him also a photo of his grandfather. Do you have suggestion?
When trying to make contact I would suggest a personal letter. People become suspicious of those who contact them via Facebook and email - I really think you should send a letter to introduce yourself. At least, it's worth a try.
Whohooo! I received answer!
The research was correct, and the Napolitanis in Asbury Park are my relatives...It was great to hear about them!
Thank you to everyone who helped me, and particularly to Tessa!
I received a message via Facebook from Francesco this morning. My name is John Napolitani, and I am the great grandson of Francesco "Frank" Napolitani Sr. My grandfather was Francesco "Frank" Jr. and my father was Frank III. I also had a brother Frank IV. All of them are deceased. On the lsit of all the children that my great grandfather had, you missed one at the end. My great Uncle Ernie, who was the baby by 10 years. My Uncle QUido was the youngest until Ernie was born. If Quido were alive, he would be 83. Ernie is the only surviving sibling out of 11. He is now 73 and living in South Carolina.
In going through the list of my Great Aunts and Uncles, my Aunt Matilda or "Tillie" had one son. Anothony Paduano. My Aunt Sarah, or "Sally" died way before I was born and had no children and was never married. My grandfather Frank, had two sons, Frank and Richard. Richard is still alive and living in Asbury Park. These these children of my great grandfather were by his first wife, who passed away when my grandfather was a baby. He remarried and had 8 more children. Aunt Beatrice "Bee", was married but had no children. My Uncle Johnnie was married and had two children, John and Marguerite. John has since passed away. My Aunt Dora had two children, Anthony and Rose Vona. My uncle Vincent was married a few times and had 2 children by his first wife, Vincent and Frank. My Uncle Mario was married and had 3 children, Steve, Lori, and Jimmy. Aunt Ida was married and had two children, Susan and Sal Percello. Sal has sicne passed away. Uncle Quido had two children, Quido Jr. and Noreen. Noreen's daughter is presently on X Factor. And my Uncle Ernie had two children, Carolyn and Dominic.
There are offspring of the children that I can get into as well as getting more information. I don't know much about my great grandfather's brothers as they stayed in New York and Frank went to Asbury Park. I am told that one of his brothers was a doctor to the King of Italy. Who was this? And are there offspring there?
I stay in contact with most of my cousins as they are located in the area within about 10 miles. I would love to make it back to Italy one day and see the areas where my family is from.
Hello - just a short note to reply to your inquiry. I am Ernesto, the 7th and last son of Frank and Margaret Napolitani, Asbury Park, NJ. I am the last surviving member of the family. Following the deaths of Mary and John ( per another post) there was another John,
Mario, Vincent, Quido and myself. There were also more daughters, Dora, Ida, Beatrice.
Any information that I might add to your inquiry please advise and I will try and give you what I know.
The family has spread out and there are now members in various states, to include New York, Nevada,Colorado, as well as New Jersey. I presently live in South Carolina. Of course, there are still many family members in Italy. I read the other posts from Italy but, I do not know who the person is.
I see that John has also been in contact with you, he is the youngest son of my nephew, Frank (deceased).- may you find much success in your research. Always willing to be of assistance, I left my E-mail address in the previous response to your inquiry.
Hello, Mr. Ernesto, I'm glad to hear about you!
My name is Francesco, and I am the great grandson of Michelangelo Napolitano, the elder brother of your father, Mr. Frank Napolitani.
I'm 30 and I live currently in Nola, just two miles far from Camposano, the city where Mr. Frank was born.
I'm very happy of having found you. I am currently speaking via Facebook with your nephew John, and I've sent him the result of my researches in Italy.
Now I'm trying to add infos John gave me in the family tree so it is more complete, and I am happy to hear that you can help me.
I just saw your post, because Italian Genealogy needs some time to show new users'post. I hope that the family tree was appreciated.
Best Regards,
Francesco
Como esti,
My name is Carolyn Napolitani, daughter of Ernesto Carlo, grandughter of Franceso.I just joined Italian Genealogy,my grandmother is Margherita Fiandola. She immigrated to America August 23,1910. I see that you have spoken to my cousin John and have attempted contact with my cousin Quido. I am very interested in helping you find your cousins here in America. I had the opportunity to go Italy & visit my relatives in Rome. I would like to obtain dual citizenship & obtain my Italian Passaport. Any information that you can provide to me would be quite helpful. I look forward to hearing from you soon. I am not on facebook.
Hello Carolyn, nice to meet you.
I am sending you a private message with my mail, so we can speak via e-mail, ok? I have many certificates at home if you are interested.
Saluti,
Francesco
My Great Grandfather is from Nola Napoli his name is Raffaele Napolitano born 1870, and immigrated to England about 1900. He later died in 1934 in Naples. I am trying to trace his family, I understand that he had a sister that immigrated to the US. He married a Maria Notaro and had 13 children.
Dear Deborah,
sorry for being late with my answer, but I didn't visit Italian Genealogy for a long time, after having restored my connection with my relatives in the U.S.
About your question, yes, I am from Nola, Napoli and I live there. My relatives, however, were all from Camposano, which is far from Nola just two miles.
There is no Raffaele Napolitano in my family. I can only search for you this name at the city hall to find further informations, but I am not sure I am able to find him. In Nola, the informations about citizens are up to 1890. Just let me know if you know his father's name.