Pinto
Re: Pinto
cdar1231 wrote:Erudita,
Can you please clarify one point on which i am confused: Was Girolamo Antonio Pinto's mother's maiden name ALSO Pinto (Maria Saveria PINTO)? And her father and husband were both Girolamo?
c
Girolamo Antonio Pinto's parents were Domenicantonio Pinto and Maria Saveria Pinto. Pinto was his mother's maiden and married surnames. Women in Italy maintained their maiden names throughout their lives. Her husband, Domenicantonio Pinto was deceased when their son, Girolamo Antonio married in 1864, and he was obviously deceased when she died in 1866. That is why she is labeled the widow of Domenicantonio Pinto in her death record. Her father was also a Girolamo Pinto, so she named her son (Girolamo Antonio) after her father-his maternal grandfather.
Hope this clarifies things.
Erudita
Re: Pinto
Without earlier records, it's hard to say if they were related, but my great grandparents had the same surname and ended up being descendant from a common ancestor a few generations back from them, and recently I discovered a similar situation in my husband's ancestry. So the possibility does exist, but I honestly don't know how common the surname Pinto was in this town, as I only looked at death indices and not at birth ones. In the death indices I looked at, the Pinto surname wasn't very common at all. Maria Saveria Pinto's parents though did reside in the other town, Carlantino, also in Foggia, but I don't know if she was from that town or not. Her death record doesn't give her place of birth.cdar1231 wrote:Thank you, Erudita, that is very clear. I wonder if they were somehow related but maybe Pinto in a common name in that town.
Erudita
Re: Pinto
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :221785143
The above link is to a death record (#106) for a Maria Saveria Pinto dated Oct 20, 1868 at 4 P.M. in the town hall. She was the 8 month old daughter of Signor Girolamo Pinto and Arcangela Petracca. It says she died on the day stated above, but at 10 P.M., which is impossible if the declaration concerning her death was made at the town hall at 4 P.M. that same day. She died in the house on via Montagna.
I was actually looking for a death record for Raffaela Rubino when I came across this in the index.
Erudita
The above link is to a death record (#106) for a Maria Saveria Pinto dated Oct 20, 1868 at 4 P.M. in the town hall. She was the 8 month old daughter of Signor Girolamo Pinto and Arcangela Petracca. It says she died on the day stated above, but at 10 P.M., which is impossible if the declaration concerning her death was made at the town hall at 4 P.M. that same day. She died in the house on via Montagna.
I was actually looking for a death record for Raffaela Rubino when I came across this in the index.
Erudita
Re: Pinto
I just recently found my ggg grandparents marriage certificate and on it my gggg grandmothers maiden name was Pinto. She is from the town of Carlantino. I am trying to get the document translated because I can not make out her first name. It looks like either Raffaela or Rachel. Could our ancestors be related?
Re: Pinto
Erudita,The above link is to a death record (#106) for a Maria Saveria Pinto dated Oct 20, 1868 at 4 P.M. in the town hall. She was the 8 month old daughter of Signor Girolamo Pinto and Arcangela Petracca. It says she died on the day stated above, but at 10 P.M., which is impossible if the declaration concerning her death was made at the town hall at 4 P.M. that same day. She died in the house on via Montagna.
I was actually looking for a death record for Raffaela Rubino when I came across this in the index.
Erudita
So Girolamo named a daugther Maria Saveria Pinto, just like his mother?
chris
Re: Pinto
Dear SCraig,I just recently found my ggg grandparents marriage certificate and on it my gggg grandmothers maiden name was Pinto. She is from the town of Carlantino. I am trying to get the document translated because I can not make out her first name. It looks like either Raffaela or Rachel. Could our ancestors be related?
The Pinto name in the record looks like Nicola to me. That is not a name that i recognize but i don't have a lot of information about the brothers and sisters of my Pinto line. It is quite possible that we have some common relatives. By chance are you on ancestry.com? I have a tree there that you may want to look at. If you would like to continue this conversation, i'm happy to do so.
chris
Re: Pinto
cdar1231 wrote:Erudita,The above link is to a death record (#106) for a Maria Saveria Pinto dated Oct 20, 1868 at 4 P.M. in the town hall. She was the 8 month old daughter of Signor Girolamo Pinto and Arcangela Petracca. It says she died on the day stated above, but at 10 P.M., which is impossible if the declaration concerning her death was made at the town hall at 4 P.M. that same day. She died in the house on via Montagna.
I was actually looking for a death record for Raffaela Rubino when I came across this in the index.
Erudita
So Girolamo named a daugther Maria Saveria Pinto, just like his mother? YES
chris
Re: Pinto
Dear Erudita,I was actually looking for a death record for Raffaela Rubino when I came across this in the index.
You have already been so very generous with your time and extensive knowledge and experience and for that i am very grateful. I wonder, if you have had any luck finding anything on Raffaela Rubino. I would be very curious to find out more.
Thank you so much (mille grazie),
chris
Re: Pinto
\cdar1231 wrote:Dear Erudita,I was actually looking for a death record for Raffaela Rubino when I came across this in the index.
You have already been so very generous with your time and extensive knowledge and experience and for that i am very grateful. I wonder, if you have had any luck finding anything on Raffaela Rubino. I would be very curious to find out more.
Thank you so much (mille grazie),
chris
Chris
I've already been through the death indices from 1866 to 1890 and didn't find Raffaela Rubino's record. Sorry.
Erudita


