Big discrepancies between birth and death certificates

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dfdemar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:43

Re: Big discrepancies between birth and death certificates

Post by dfdemar »

Okay, wanted to update this. Earlier I mentioned that I was waiting on the Pennsylvania death certificate of my GGF Giuseppe De Mare. Well I received it and apparently when he died nobody in the family knew anything about his parents so neither of their names were recorded on his death certificate.

So right now all of Giuseppe's American documents say he was born on April 13, 1881. The one exception is his death certificate which says he was born April 13, 1880 but considering the consistency of every other American document I am going to assume that is just a typo. The Italian birth certificate says Giuseppe De Mare was born on April 20, 1881 which is only a week off, but considering all the other discrepancies with my GGM's docs I feel like the connection between my US docs and Italian docs are tenuous.

Then there's also the fact that none of the names of the children of my great grandparents follow the Italian naming tradition which makes the Italian docs even more suspect.

According to the comune there is no Giuseppe De Mare born on April 13, 1881 and I've received a document from them that says that but I am wondering if that will be "good enough". I've received a similar document for Rosa/Rosina.

This is all for dual citizenship BTW.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Big discrepancies between birth and death certificates

Post by Italysearcher »

Chances are you can't view them becasue they are on microfilm and not online. You need to rder the films and view them at the centre.
On another note, there is a Comune di Cirò and there is also a Comune di Cirò Marino. I hope your genealogist checked both towns as the records he sent you don't appear to be the right person.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
dfdemar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:43

Re: Big discrepancies between birth and death certificates

Post by dfdemar »

It's my understanding that Cirò Marino didn't exist as a comune until 1952. Prior to that it was part of Cirò. Would that mean that the vital records of anyone born in Cirò Marina prior to 1952 would be in Cirò?
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Big discrepancies between birth and death certificates

Post by Italysearcher »

You can't view the records at Family search becasue they are on microfilm and not on line, you have to order the films and view then at the center.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Post Reply