Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

mfjp wrote:Andrea's mother is Elisabetta.. please confirm?

I am looking for a census record. I am hoping that he named a daughter after her...

Please confirm the name of Andrea's father... that would help too.

We keeping you busy today?

mfjp :P
Affermative! Elisabetta is right.
I don't know father's name...grandama may help, but she's out rightnow and don't know when she'll be back

I've been waiting months someone keeping me busy like this
(...if my grammar is correct...)
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

Not to worry, you write very well!! :P

Ok then...confirming that the mother is Elisabetta does help...

Hopefully we can find something...

mfjp

Further....

Please see Pietro's Draft record on page one...

Who is Pascola?? (Did they mean Pasquale?)

Maria
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

There is an Elizabeth Masiero in Mass. She may have never married... I will send you her phone # in a private message.

U.S. Public Records Index Record info
about Elizabeth Masiero

Name: Elizabeth Masiero
Street Address: 24 School St, B
City: Lee
County: Berkshire
State: Massachusetts
Zip Code: 01238

mfjp
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

mfjp wrote:Not to worry, you write very well!! :P


Please see Pietro's Draft record on page one...

Who is Pascola?? (Did they mean Pasquale?)

Maria
...probably Pasquale was the right spelling...maybe a cousin of him...Pascola is not a name in Italy.
Can you read what it's written under "EMPLOYER'S NAxxx"?
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

For me, now it's time to go. If you find something else post it to me. I'm sorry but I could not reply to you untill monday. Next week I will read (with great pleasure) what pops out from your research.
Really,really,really thanks for all the help you gave me. What a day!
See ya next week friend!
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

Good question, the employer is "Smith Paper Company" - Eagle Mill, Lee, Mass.

You can read more about the company in the "Lee" section in the link below.
http://extras.berkshireeagle.com/NeBe/c ... =article06
I'm sorry but I could not reply to you untill monday.
If we find something more, we will post.

Your Welcome!
See you then...

mfjp

p.s. Giuseppe also worked at the Smith Paper Company. Was also a "Private" in the Italian Infantry for 15 months (mentioned on Draft record)
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

Here is a census record of interest! Spelling mistakes on census records are normal....

This Pietro works at a paper mill....

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2060/pietro6lo.gif

1920 United States Federal Census Record info
about Peter Mastero
Name: Peter Mastero
Age: 36 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1884 (birth year is very close)
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Lee, Berkshire, Massachusetts
Home owned: Rent
Sex: Male
Marital status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of immigration: 1906
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 53

mfjp
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

I am back...yeah,it's not monday but I coludn't wait joinig italiangenealogy.com
Thank you for Census Record. Having it is really AMAZING.

You said "wrong spells" are commons among Census Record...well,concerning your experience,do you think that a branch of Masieros brothers has now become "Mastero"?
And did you found anything about Giuseppe and Andrea among Census?

Grandma says possible name of Andrea's son(s) colud be "Guido"...would you check this out?
It wolud be interesting for me (but even sad) to know something about their deaths...I once queried the web for a social security death index(or something like that) but having very few answers.
Other users gave me Andrew's date and place of death. It seems to me Andrea had an intense life in the US:lived in Lee?in Dover Plains?both of them?...and finally died in New Jersey?
We will see...
See ya
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

bull1982 wrote: You said "wrong spells" are commons among Census Record...well,concerning your experience,do you think that a branch of Masieros brothers has now become "Mastero"?
NO!

Sometimes ( :? ) the census keeper made errors when collecting information...

Sometimes people gave the census keepers the wrong information.... and

Sometimes ( :?: ) people who transcribed these census records made mistakes...

I don't think they changed their names... but I can't prove that either...
---------------------------
And did you found anything about Giuseppe and Andrea among Census?
No, I hadn't looked further, but I plan to continue to look.
----------------------------
Grandma says possible name of Andrea's son(s) could be "Guido"...would you check this out?
Just doing a quick search, I found one Guido... but the father's name is Domenick

1930 United States Federal Census Record info
about Guido Masiero
Name: Guido Masiero
Age: 6
Estimated birth year: abt 1924
Relation to head-of-house: Son
Father's Name: Domnick Masiero
Mother's Name: Ines Masiero
Home in 1930: Newark, Essex, New Jersey

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4238/guido7dt.gif
------------------------------------------------------

Hey, did you ask your Grandmother who Andrea's father was? This information would help... We do know his mother was Elisabeth...
---------------------------
mfjp
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

Yes, but she can't remember it...all Ship Manifests I have report Elisabetta Marchelluzzo as their "nearest alive realtive in Italy"...this makes me think their father was already died. My grandma never saw him.
The only way I could come out with is searching among Trissino's wedding Registers...but it'll takes a few days...and I hope they got married in Trissino.
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

Sorry, but think that Dominick Masiero (or most prob Domenico) is not relative to me.
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

bull1982 wrote:Yes, but she can't remember it...all Ship Manifests I have report Elisabetta Marchelluzzo as their "nearest alive realtive in Italy"...this makes me think their father was already died. My grandma never saw him.
The only way I could come out with is searching among Trissino's wedding Registers...but it'll takes a few days...and I hope they got married in Trissino.
But is Marchelluzzo a surname from Trissino? Not one shows up when I do an Ellis Island search...

Can you find out?

IF the father was still alive and in America.... the closest living relative in Italy would still be Elisabetta...

But because the manifests do not mention his father in America he could have died before they immigrated.

Do you think any of the grandchildren were named after Elisabetta's husband? Tradition? Can you find out the common given names ...

Good idea about checking the wedding registries...

mfjp
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

Well, the surname exist...anyway spelling may have changed. Andrea wrote some of his letters spelling Marchelluzzo sometimes with one "L" others with one "Z". So does my grandma.

Elisabetta's husband had never been in the US and probably died before Andrea, Pietro and Giuseppe sailed for America.
I agree with you:that's the reason why Elisabetta is always mentioned under thier "living relative"

Giving names after relatives' names it's not a tradition here in northern Itlay. Anyway I know people named after their granpa or grandma.

Elizabeth Masiero from Lee,Mass coluld be an example never wrote me back (wrong e-mail?wrong person?)

See ya
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

A couple of questions...

Where have found World War I Draft record? War Archives or something like that?...these records are so amazing!

I once searched "Masiero" on Genealogy.com or Renunion (can't remember...). Lot's of matchings popped out between "Masiero" and "historical newspaper". How can I take a look on these matchings?
Link posted below "# of matchings" brought me to a credit card payment page...and I don't have a credit card yet.
Do you know someone who have also access to this data for me?
Thanks
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

bull1982 wrote:A couple of questions...

Where have found World War I Draft record? War Archives or something like that?...these records are so amazing!


Through Ancestry .com "credit card site"... this is where I found the World War I Draft records. They have updated this feature in Ancestry. I must say that this site keeps adding more wonderful info every few months.
I once searched "Masiero" on Genealogy.com or Renunion (can't remember...). Lot's of matchings popped out between "Masiero" and "historical newspaper". How can I take a look on these matchings?
You are in Cornedo, correct? Here is a listing of a Family History Center in Bolzano

Phone this place and see if they have a computer with Ancestry.com. It should be free...

Bolzano Italy
Via Druso 339
Bolzano, Trentino-Alto Adige, Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy
Phone: 39-0471-930780
Hours: open by appt.
Link posted below "# of matchings" brought me to a credit card payment page...and I don't have a credit card yet.
Do you know someone who have also access to this data for me?
Thanks
You should suggest which article / event you are looking for... Name of newspaper, State published in... exact date... (which would really help) and name of person... maybe someone can look something up for you.

Looking up newspaper articles can be very time consuming... and that is why I suggest the Family History Center in Bolzano. I personally do not have the newspaper feature with Ancestry.com.
Elizabeth Masiero from Lee,Mass coluld be an example never wrote me back (wrong e-mail?wrong person?)
Maybe you should write her a letter on paper instead of email. You can write English very well ... send her a letter... draw a diagram of your family tree, include a photo if you can... also send her an envelope with your address on it.

The person I private messaged you about may be elderly. So I would suggest a good old fashioned letter as she may not have internet access.

Please answer this...

But is Marchelluzzo a surname from Trissino? Not one shows up when I do an Ellis Island search... Can you find out more information from your Grandmother?

Also, my father-in-law is from CLES - Revo area. Was also a cyclist in the Tour de France, Spain, Mexico, Canada and Italy.. "Moser" country... not too far from when you are now.

mfjp
Post Reply