IMMIGRANT ANCESTORS PROJECT. . .

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
MauroMags
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: New Jersey

Re: IMMIGRANT ANCESTORS PROJECT. . .

Post by MauroMags »

can you request what region you work on?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: IMMIGRANT ANCESTORS PROJECT. . .

Post by wldspirit »

Nunsiata.......perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought I had read somewhere that there was an option for transcription other than online????

I plan to give it a go here soon.........need to wrap up my other project.....I am by no means a computer whiz, so hopefully it will go smoothly for me...... :roll:

Mauro......I did not read that there was a choice, but perhaps you could email the project coordinator and ask... :)

Now could one of our Italian friends translate Laura's post?? My Italian is limited.........and the translation site makes very little sense....... :?

DeLisa
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: IMMIGRANT ANCESTORS PROJECT. . .

Post by pink67 »

:(
verry sorry but my english is terrible...
However i'll try to told you my little progresses in this "work"..
the fisrst time i tried to download a batch it doesn't work (the extraction program doesnt' open the file) so I wrote an e-mail and after the answer from the staff I have downloaded my first batch directly from the site IAP - Download center and everything was O.K.
Now every time I had to download i go in the IAP site online.
My firsts works were full of errors but Mr. De Meo (Italian IAP Staff) is very kindly and he write me in a e-mail all the suggestions and corrections to do the work better....
I'm new to genealogy and ancient writing but with these helps (Mr. De Meo and the manual of the program) slowly i'm learning...
All the documents are from Napoli area , you can't choose, they send you the batch...
Yesterday in the last mail from the staff he told me that is possible that ithis summer I can work on batches arriving from Genoa (this is very good from me... i'm from the provincia of Genoa!!)

I'm very ashamed about my english....

But very happy to help this project!
Laura
User avatar
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 739
Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: The Alps - N.Italy

Re: IMMIGRANT ANCESTORS PROJECT. . .

Post by elba »

Pink 67,
Your English is fine, it is easily understood - don't worry about it.... I'm sure many will envy you.

Saluti,
Elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: IMMIGRANT ANCESTORS PROJECT. . .

Post by wldspirit »

Laura.......your English is perfect.....it is my Italian that is not so good!!!!!
I envy you!!!!!!! I wish my family had not let our language fade away........

I am excited to try this project, although I hope I do not experience the problems that you and Nunsiata have had..........my computer skills are worse than my Italian.......... :lol:

Thank you for sharing.......and keep us updated on the progress.....
DeLisa
User avatar
Nunsiata
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 56
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: IMMIGRANT ANCESTORS PROJECT. . .

Post by Nunsiata »

Hi DeLisa:

You're right - they do offer an option for those who can't get online. I never thought to go that route because I am glued to my computer most of the time. And that's what is frustrating - in theory it all should work. No one at the IAP can figure it out, either - and my conclusion is that there are still kinks to be worked out.
But, thanks for your suggestion. I may try it that way next time.

N
Post Reply