other place to find arrivals???
Re: other place to find arrivals???
Nine more days and then all hell breaks loose here, too!
With the soccor games coming up and us living so close to St. Clair (one of Toronto's Little Italy's) we're in for quite a June!
Let me know if the website helps at all!
Nuccia
With the soccor games coming up and us living so close to St. Clair (one of Toronto's Little Italy's) we're in for quite a June!
Let me know if the website helps at all!
Nuccia
Re: other place to find arrivals???
Hey Nuccia,
Checked that site you gave me. No luck!!!
I am going thru with a 1st name and birth year like you suggested.
The problem is alot of Paruolo's came to US, but no names match Angelarosa, Angela, Angeline or Evangeline. I tried the various names of her usage thru the 2 census reports and what she called herself within her family.
My gram, I cannot understand how I cannot find her. Her name is Rose, but being born as Rosantonia Vernaglia. Born 1893. I tried Rose, Rosie,Rosina (she used this on her marriage license), Rosa etc. Vernaglia, tried even using a "f" instead of a "v". No luck. How can this be???
Maybe Ellis is missing some arrival records?????
Thank you and Joyce too for your helpful input!! As always you guys are great!!!
Ally

Checked that site you gave me. No luck!!!
I am going thru with a 1st name and birth year like you suggested.
The problem is alot of Paruolo's came to US, but no names match Angelarosa, Angela, Angeline or Evangeline. I tried the various names of her usage thru the 2 census reports and what she called herself within her family.
My gram, I cannot understand how I cannot find her. Her name is Rose, but being born as Rosantonia Vernaglia. Born 1893. I tried Rose, Rosie,Rosina (she used this on her marriage license), Rosa etc. Vernaglia, tried even using a "f" instead of a "v". No luck. How can this be???
Maybe Ellis is missing some arrival records?????
Thank you and Joyce too for your helpful input!! As always you guys are great!!!
Ally
Re: other place to find arrivals???
Ally,
I feel so bad that you're not having any luck! Could she have gone by another name...a middle name maybe? When I was looking for my grandmother I went crazy and then found out that she used her middle name along!
Other suggested names..
Rosella, Toni, Antonette.
Ok, refresh my memory so I don't have to go look over all the info..
Maiden name of your grams..
Year of birth...
Which town did she come from?...
Husbands name...
Cities in the US...Yonkers and NJ, right?
Names of any children.
Fill in any blanks and extra info. I promise, I'll help you look between tonight and this weekend. We have to find her someplace!
Nuccia 8O
I feel so bad that you're not having any luck! Could she have gone by another name...a middle name maybe? When I was looking for my grandmother I went crazy and then found out that she used her middle name along!
Other suggested names..
Rosella, Toni, Antonette.
Ok, refresh my memory so I don't have to go look over all the info..
Maiden name of your grams..
Year of birth...
Which town did she come from?...
Husbands name...
Cities in the US...Yonkers and NJ, right?
Names of any children.
Fill in any blanks and extra info. I promise, I'll help you look between tonight and this weekend. We have to find her someplace!
Nuccia 8O
Re: other place to find arrivals???
geeze.... all this talk about boat arrivals is bringing tears to my eyes.... I miss all of you guys...
I will take a look too and see if I can find something... It's been 3 months since I've looked for someone... or posted...
I'm at work (while my art supervisor is on lunch...) ...
maria
I will take a look too and see if I can find something... It's been 3 months since I've looked for someone... or posted...
I'm at work (while my art supervisor is on lunch...) ...
maria
Re: other place to find arrivals???
Thanks guys.
Maiden name on birth act from Monte San Giacomo:
Rosantonia Vernaglia, no middle, born June 4, 1893
parents: Francesco Vernaglia, Angelarosa Paruolo
Frank born in 10-7-1869, Angelarosa born 1862/3
Francesco had 1 sister who came to America in 1890 or so, she married an Antonio Canevalo (carnevale) in Manhattan in 1892. Joyce found them for me in the census. Angela, Francesco sister used the name of Anna on the census reports.
Places of interest: Yonkers NY, and North Bergen, NJ or Hoboken, NJ
Francesco's dad came with 2nd wife in 1901 and settled in
West. Hoboken. Found his arrival- Antonio's ,and census for
him.
Gram Rose was 6 yrs old when she came. She traveled with her mom Angelarosa, 1 sister, (whom we think was named Mary) and a cousin Frankie, don't know if it is on moms/dads side. Frankie was around 11 or so. My gram said she remembered the word Roma. Roma did not travel yet to US. So I tried Roma in other forms of names of the ships, no luck.
All I am missing is:
Gram Rose's arrival into US with family.
And a census for them in Yonkers after 1898/9. Picked them up in 1910/15 in Jersey. In 1914 Francesco died of suicide, and Angelarosa remarried a Michael Spina and moved back into Yonkers.
So from point of departure
until 1910, I cannot find them anywhere???
I appreciate all your doing to help me, you are wonderful!!!!
Ally
Maiden name on birth act from Monte San Giacomo:
Rosantonia Vernaglia, no middle, born June 4, 1893
parents: Francesco Vernaglia, Angelarosa Paruolo
Frank born in 10-7-1869, Angelarosa born 1862/3
Francesco had 1 sister who came to America in 1890 or so, she married an Antonio Canevalo (carnevale) in Manhattan in 1892. Joyce found them for me in the census. Angela, Francesco sister used the name of Anna on the census reports.
Places of interest: Yonkers NY, and North Bergen, NJ or Hoboken, NJ
Francesco's dad came with 2nd wife in 1901 and settled in
West. Hoboken. Found his arrival- Antonio's ,and census for
him.
Gram Rose was 6 yrs old when she came. She traveled with her mom Angelarosa, 1 sister, (whom we think was named Mary) and a cousin Frankie, don't know if it is on moms/dads side. Frankie was around 11 or so. My gram said she remembered the word Roma. Roma did not travel yet to US. So I tried Roma in other forms of names of the ships, no luck.
All I am missing is:
Gram Rose's arrival into US with family.
And a census for them in Yonkers after 1898/9. Picked them up in 1910/15 in Jersey. In 1914 Francesco died of suicide, and Angelarosa remarried a Michael Spina and moved back into Yonkers.
So from point of departure
I appreciate all your doing to help me, you are wonderful!!!!
Ally
Re: other place to find arrivals???
MFJP............
............
Suanj and I were just talking about you a couple of weeks ago.........
work must be keeping you way to busy.........how have you been?
I hope we will get to see more postings from you........you are missed very much!!!!!!
Lisa
Suanj and I were just talking about you a couple of weeks ago.........
work must be keeping you way to busy.........how have you been?
I hope we will get to see more postings from you........you are missed very much!!!!!!
Lisa
Re: other place to find arrivals???
Hello Maria! OMG how we miss you. I was thinking about you this afternoon!mfjp wrote:geeze.... all this talk about boat arrivals is bringing tears to my eyes.... I miss all of you guys...
I will take a look too and see if I can find something... It's been 3 months since I've looked for someone... or posted...
I'm at work (while my art supervisor is on lunch...) ...
maria
Hope your job is going well. At your bosses desk already, huh? I knew you'd be running the place in no time!
I have so much to tell you...we need a catch up conversation. (I got that new job at work too). Can we getogether next Friday? PM me and we'll discuss details.
Big Bear Hugs and Kisses
Nuccia
Re: other place to find arrivals???
Possible 1900 US Census
Francesco Vernaglia & family
Hoboken Ward 3 District 37, Hudson, NJ
412 ?? Ave
- Frank VERNELUX, Mar 1869, 31 yrs old, married 8 yrs (abt 1892), immig 1895,
in US 5 yrs, Al, laborer, rents house
- wife Angeline, Aug 1863, 36 yrs old, 2 children born, 2 children living, immig 1899,
in US 1 yr
- daughter Rose, May 1893, 7 yrs old, immig 1899, in US 1 yr
- son Larry?, May 1900, b in NJ
Francesco Vernaglia & family
Hoboken Ward 3 District 37, Hudson, NJ
412 ?? Ave
- Frank VERNELUX, Mar 1869, 31 yrs old, married 8 yrs (abt 1892), immig 1895,
in US 5 yrs, Al, laborer, rents house
- wife Angeline, Aug 1863, 36 yrs old, 2 children born, 2 children living, immig 1899,
in US 1 yr
- daughter Rose, May 1893, 7 yrs old, immig 1899, in US 1 yr
- son Larry?, May 1900, b in NJ
Re: other place to find arrivals???
vj,
Hope ally sees this soon...and that its correct family. She's been going nuts. I'll try to link for her.
Nuccia
Hope ally sees this soon...and that its correct family. She's been going nuts. I'll try to link for her.
Nuccia
Re: other place to find arrivals???
Nuccia, thanks! 
Re: other place to find arrivals???
No problem,
Here it is..
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7036/imagex2zh.gif
Ally hope this your family. vj is awesome at finding hard to find info and unlike me
takes her time. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Nuccia
Here it is..
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7036/imagex2zh.gif
Ally hope this your family. vj is awesome at finding hard to find info and unlike me
Nuccia
Re: other place to find arrivals???
perhaps Vj can put her skills to use on this topic.........manifest are not my forte........and I have yet to find Michele......
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... html#30791
wldspirit
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... html#30791
wldspirit
Re: other place to find arrivals???
wldspirit,
I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully she can come up with something to help Nunziata out.
Nuccia
I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully she can come up with something to help Nunziata out.
Nuccia
Re: other place to find arrivals???
Hi all,
Just saw this census. You guys are just amazing!!!!!! Lost power last night, what a storm!!!! Was like 4 hours before we got it back. Went out around 8:30. Kids had a blast with the flashlights and scaring each other to death!!!
All the info for births are correct other then the month of Francesco and Rose, ages fit, marriage of Francesco/Angeline fit, 1892. Year of immigration fits. Only problem is this Larry. Dont know who he is.
Should have been another girl. Maybe this was the boy cousin gram Rose came with. Not a Francesco, maybe my 92 yr old aunt confused her grandfathers name with a cousin name or a sibling was a male not female.
I have to check alittle further. As in 1910 census no Larry is mentioned in the household.
Hoboken, was the place where Francescos date came to. Apparently, they had a family living there already prior to 1901. A cousin or some such.
Let you know if this is correct. Now just to find a arrival. Going to look up that variation spelling also.
Hugs to all, especially vj. You are wonderful!!!! Nuccia/Maria you too also!!
Ally
Just saw this census. You guys are just amazing!!!!!! Lost power last night, what a storm!!!! Was like 4 hours before we got it back. Went out around 8:30. Kids had a blast with the flashlights and scaring each other to death!!!
All the info for births are correct other then the month of Francesco and Rose, ages fit, marriage of Francesco/Angeline fit, 1892. Year of immigration fits. Only problem is this Larry. Dont know who he is.
Should have been another girl. Maybe this was the boy cousin gram Rose came with. Not a Francesco, maybe my 92 yr old aunt confused her grandfathers name with a cousin name or a sibling was a male not female.
I have to check alittle further. As in 1910 census no Larry is mentioned in the household.
Hoboken, was the place where Francescos date came to. Apparently, they had a family living there already prior to 1901. A cousin or some such.
Let you know if this is correct. Now just to find a arrival. Going to look up that variation spelling also.
Hugs to all, especially vj. You are wonderful!!!! Nuccia/Maria you too also!!
Ally
Re: other place to find arrivals???
Hi Ally
How about this boat record.... ( a manifest of interest....
) it has to be them.... look how they spelled Angelarosa's husband's name!!!
First Name: Angelarosa
Last Name: Tarnolo
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Monte S. Giacu...
Date of Arrival: Jun 07, 1899
Age at Arrival: 36y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Ems
Port of Departure: Italy
Manifest Line Number: 0001
First Name: Rosa
Last Name:
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Monte S. Gia...
Date of Arrival: Jun 07, 1899
Age at Arrival: 5y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Ems
Port of Departure: Italy
Manifest Line Number: 0002
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 3077130122&
Thank you all for the kind words... really missed all of you.
Maria (mfjp)
P.S. The date of arrival was June 7... today's date....
How about this boat record.... ( a manifest of interest....
First Name: Angelarosa
Last Name: Tarnolo
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Monte S. Giacu...
Date of Arrival: Jun 07, 1899
Age at Arrival: 36y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Ems
Port of Departure: Italy
Manifest Line Number: 0001
First Name: Rosa
Last Name:
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Monte S. Gia...
Date of Arrival: Jun 07, 1899
Age at Arrival: 5y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Ems
Port of Departure: Italy
Manifest Line Number: 0002
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 3077130122&
Thank you all for the kind words... really missed all of you.
Maria (mfjp)
P.S. The date of arrival was June 7... today's date....



