Birth cert translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Birth cert translation

Post by erudita74 »

The link below could help with some of the street names in the town, i.e., if they haven't changed names since the dates of your records

https://www.tuttocitta.it/mappa/sant'antonino-di-susa

If you or anyone else needs street names for another town, just search "stradario e mappa di" followed by the name of the town, and you should get a list of current street names for that town.

Also Trafford Cole's book called Italian Genealogical Records is a good reference work, although many of his sample records are too perfect, unlike the ones we often find, and reading this book won't make you fluent in deciphering the handwritten sections of many of the records you locate. For those of us, who are not native speakers, becoming fluent in reading the records takes many many years of practice in working with all different types of records from various regions and towns.

Erudita
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Birth cert translation

Post by mmogno »

Ferdinando Lombardo is a witness.
Adele had the twin Alberto Augusto.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Birth cert translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

JohnBhoy wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 10:26 Hi Angela, thank you for your many replies, very helpful, the original post from your link was actually posted by myself when I first joined, I didn't know how to post and thought there was an issue with my pc and my account...I had attempted to post the message several times and it never appeared, I then set up this account to try and post - but had the same issue.
I contacted the site admin and they explained that as a newbie my messages had to be approved before being seen on forum, they were able to delete what would have been many multiples of the same post but I didn't ask them to delete the JARNN account, I just never used afterwards.

Amalia Adele Dodero, Felice Dodero and 'Charles' Dodero were my links into my Italian tree...my G.Grandfather and his sister and my GG Grandfather...through these and the forum I have been able to delve further back and add to my records.

Best regards,
John
Angela


You are very welcome for the help. I suspected those earlier posts were probably yours. This happens many times on the forum. People sign, up and then it takes a while for their first post to be approved, so they then make multiple posts. I often receive pms from new board members asking me to help out, as I am sure a lot of the other longstanding forumers do. Anyways, I'm pleased you stuck with us and that your tree is growing. Take care.

Angela :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Birth cert translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mmogno wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 11:12
AngelaGrace56 wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 00:49
Further info from the Birth Record:

There's side note which isn't the clearest. Someone else could confirm (*):

"Marries with Adele Dodero on 28 October 1924, Act No 14, in the town of S. Antonino"

Angela
(*)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1019419


Ciao G. Thank you for confirming. Great catch on locating Adele Dodero's Birth Record too.

Angela :)
Post Reply