Piatretra, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
EmeraldDove
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 17 Nov 2021, 16:04

Re: Piatretra, Italy

Post by EmeraldDove »

suanj wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 15:55 The father first name was Joseph and the mother first name was Mary
Image
https://i.postimg.cc/sXStNMk7/41744-242 ... -03693.jpg
suanj
Thank you so much for finding this! I have been super stuck on him and the generations before him.
EmeraldDove
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 17 Nov 2021, 16:04

Re: Piatretra, Italy

Post by EmeraldDove »

suanj wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 19:23 I believe that I found... Antonio LALLI was born, second my reasearch, in Pietralta hamlet of VALLE CASTELLANA, TERAMO, IT

Arrived on 23 apr 1910 on Floride ship in NY, last residence Teramo town, left father Giuseppe in Teramo, joining to Vincenzo Lalli Tosi(?) brother in Altoona, PA, USA, born in Castellana( Valle Castellana, and surely in Pietralta.
pag 1 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
pag 2 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1

Pietralta= Pietra+alta= High Stone, litterally). Status: married, but I believe a error, he was 17 old on 1910...
https://www.tripadvisor.it/Tourism-g135 ... tions.html
For bad luck no Valle Castellana civil records availables for the period time of interest, but I am pretty sure that is the right Antonio Lalli, born in Pietralta, Valle Castellana, Teramo, IT
suanj

I am getting quite confused/mixed up, haha!
I have this that has him on the ship/arriving on May 3rd, 1906
Attachments
NYT715_703-0227.jpg
Antonio Death1.jpg
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Piatretra, Italy

Post by suanj »

Yes I know, but no necessary, I am pretty sure abt the birthplace...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Piatretra, Italy

Post by suanj »

suanj wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 19:23 I believe that I found... Antonio LALLI was born, second my reasearch, in Pietralta hamlet of VALLE CASTELLANA, TERAMO, IT

Arrived on 23 apr 1910 on Floride ship in NY, last residence Teramo town, left father Giuseppe in Teramo, joining to Vincenzo Lalli Tosi(?) brother in Altoona, PA, USA, born in Castellana( Valle Castellana, and surely in Pietralta.
pag 1 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
pag 2 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1

Pietralta= Pietra+alta= High Stone, litterally). Status: married, but I believe a error, he was 17 old on 1910...
https://www.tripadvisor.it/Tourism-g135 ... tions.html
For bad luck no Valle Castellana civil records availables for the period time of interest, but I am pretty sure that is the right Antonio Lalli, born in Pietralta, Valle Castellana, Teramo, IT
suanj
Image
https://i.postimg.cc/rwGXS7zN/lalli-ant ... o-1893.png
born in Pietralta on 30 Jul 1893 son of Giuseppe (Joseph).... no mother name...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Piatretra, Italy

Post by suanj »

EmeraldDove wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 16:18
suanj wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 19:23 I believe that I found... Antonio LALLI was born, second my reasearch, in Pietralta hamlet of VALLE CASTELLANA, TERAMO, IT

Arrived on 23 apr 1910 on Floride ship in NY, last residence Teramo town, left father Giuseppe in Teramo, joining to Vincenzo Lalli Tosi(?) brother in Altoona, PA, USA, born in Castellana( Valle Castellana, and surely in Pietralta.
pag 1 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
pag 2 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1

Pietralta= Pietra+alta= High Stone, litterally). Status: married, but I believe a error, he was 17 old on 1910...
https://www.tripadvisor.it/Tourism-g135 ... tions.html
For bad luck no Valle Castellana civil records availables for the period time of interest, but I am pretty sure that is the right Antonio Lalli, born in Pietralta, Valle Castellana, Teramo, IT
suanj

I am getting quite confused/mixed up, haha!
I have this that has him on the ship/arriving on May 3rd, 1906
When the Antonio Lalli brother of Innocente Lalli went in USA, he joined to Vincenzo Lalli Tosi brother... this story is a bit complicate to understand... Vincenzo had full name Vincenzo TOSI and was born in Pietralta also on 27 Mar 1883, son of Altobrando 61 old, farmer, residing in pietralta also and of a woman unmarried that don't recognized the child.. seeming a place's custom ....
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... d=35914234
pag 14

well he married to Anna Tacconelli on 1909.. the marriage in Altoona, Blair, PA, USA, and he gives as mother name Teresa Lalli. But now we know that Antonio and Vincenzo probably were cousins, if their father were brothers, but no one, no Antonio, no Innocente and no Vincenzo had name mother on the birth record...
I believe that searching the Lallis in Valle Castellana, can understand better the family story.
Antonio went in USA to bypass the military service..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Piatretra, Italy

Post by suanj »

suanj wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 16:54
EmeraldDove wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 16:18
suanj wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 19:23 I believe that I found... Antonio LALLI was born, second my reasearch, in Pietralta hamlet of VALLE CASTELLANA, TERAMO, IT

Arrived on 23 apr 1910 on Floride ship in NY, last residence Teramo town, left father Giuseppe in Teramo, joining to Vincenzo Lalli Tosi(?) brother in Altoona, PA, USA, born in Castellana( Valle Castellana, and surely in Pietralta.
pag 1 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
pag 2 https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1

Pietralta= Pietra+alta= High Stone, litterally). Status: married, but I believe a error, he was 17 old on 1910...
https://www.tripadvisor.it/Tourism-g135 ... tions.html
For bad luck no Valle Castellana civil records availables for the period time of interest, but I am pretty sure that is the right Antonio Lalli, born in Pietralta, Valle Castellana, Teramo, IT
suanj

I am getting quite confused/mixed up, haha!
I have this that has him on the ship/arriving on May 3rd, 1906
When the Antonio Lalli brother of Innocente Lalli went in USA, he joined to Vincenzo Lalli Tosi brother... this story is a bit complicate to understand... Vincenzo had full name Vincenzo TOSI and was born in Pietralta also on 27 Mar 1883, son of Altobrando 61 old, farmer, residing in Pietralta also and of a woman unmarried that don't recognized the child.. seeming a place's custom ....
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... d=35914234
pag 14

well he married to Anna Tacconelli on 1909.. the marriage in Altoona, Blair, PA, USA, and he gives as mother name Teresa Lalli. But now we know that Antonio and Vincenzo probably were cousins, if their fathers were brothers, but no one, no Antonio, no Innocente and no Vincenzo had name mother on the birth record...
I believe that searching the Lallis in Valle Castellana, can understand better the family story.
Antonio went in USA to bypass the military service..

sorry I mean, if Giuseppe Lalli father of Antonio, and Teresa Lalli mentioned in the Vincenzo Tosi marriage as his mother, if they were sibling...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Piatretra, Italy

Post by suanj »

Here the brother of Antonio Lalli that I found: Innocenzo Lalli.
1920 census
Name *enzo Lalle (by direct reading:Innocenzo Lalle aka Innocenzo Lalli)
Sex Male
Age 32
Event Date 1920
Event Place Wayne, Michigan, United States
Event Place (Original) Michigan, Wayne
Immigration Date 1910
Birth Year (Estimated) 1888
Birthplace Italy
Marital Status Single
Race White
Relationship to Head of Household Roomer
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Birthplace Italy
Event Type Census
Household Identifier 237
Line Number 33
Sheet Letter A
Sheet Number 12
Sheet Number and Letter 12A
Affiliate Film Number 805
Affiliate Publication Number T625
Affiliate Name The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AMZW9-WKM
and his arrival in USA, on 1905, 17 old, joining to his cousin Domenico Tacconelli...
https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/sh ... cGciOw==/1
I am pretty sure that is the right family, just I hope to find a record that show the their relationship in USA also
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply