Mark,
That's really something. I'm amazed at how well that is done.
MyHeritage.com
- Barbarossa
- Veteran

- Posts: 158
- Joined: 07 Jan 2017, 00:58
- Contact:
Re: MyHeritage.com
>> I can share the exact same thoughts as Mark here. My main tree choice and what I've been locked into with a 6 year paid ahead subscription, is My Heritage . The layout is more pleasing, easier to follow and navigate through.MarcuccioV wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 16:17 Another perk I found with MH is their ethnicity estimate seems to be the most accurate, based on what paper trail research I have done. Ancestry's is the worst, and their latest update was even farther off than the original estimate.
The good thing about MH is you can either take a test through them or upload your results from other companies.
I took DNA tests from both Ancestry and 23&Me and uploaded my results to MH. Both estimates were nearly identical, and as I noted, very accurate based on my family research. They also very closely align to the oracle estimates I got from GEDMATCH.
Just some more food for thought...
I took a Ancestry membership on, just under a year now, to make use of their DNA test and expand on the base of connections that way. That's fault 1 with Ancestry - the proprietary nature of having to use their DNA test.
Fault 2, I don't care for the layout really, and in the long run Ancestry is the most expensive in my view. There are a few good points about Ancestry - the DNA aspects for matches and presenting common lines (not the DNA test itself as I said), it is a well thought out aspect. Merging individuals on one's tree, is the only feature on Ancestry I wish My Heritage would bring into the mix.
I can also suggest Geneanet.org too - it's more Euro-French based but is CHEAP, comprehensive and some fantastic features for relationship views (cousin calculator). You can upload a large GEDCOM file into Geneanet, and at a small yearly cost, maintain a good tree there. Not as aesthetically pleasing as MH but, a good growing site option.
