manifest marking

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: manifest marking

Post by suanj »

Hi valerie, news!
well I know by a my friend and by Philadelphia Archive, that Charles Brown was our Domenico Felizzi born in 1884; now speaking with Palmina, I can to say that Palminareally is so happy.... we know that Charles/Domenico was married to a woman, Jean, more younger of 19 years... and no children in 1944(when naturalized), but could be possible that this Jean was the second wife... in any case, Palmina said that a family's friend, also emigrated, when back in Italy said that meet this Domenico, and it said: you are...( family nickname); and he replied of no and said another name, but this italian people really was much sure that was Domenico, and when back in Italy it said all the story; so sure was changed the name... the relation was so bad with italian family, that never he back in Italy; also the father some time wrote some letter, but always back, because was impossible to find it for the postman... so he changed name and address and he don't wanted being found from italian family... but God is great, and 1 trace, only 1 trace was: the draft card of 1942; and for good luck I had the right birthdate so now we know who and where, and also why he made a similar thing... Palmina is a wonderful woman and she thanks so much you dear Valerie !
I hope we can find more... kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: manifest marking

Post by vj »

suanj, that is wonderful news!
I'm so glad you found that birth date :D !
It's very sad that he didn't want to be found.
We were very lucky that he used his correct
birth date on his 1942 record.
So, Jean wasn't his daughter?
Trying to think of another US record that he
would have had to use his real name or birth
date. Maybe Jean filed for his social security
benefits?
No doubt there are more records, just need
to identify him :wink: .
Thank you and your friend Palmina for the
updated information.
Valarie

edit:added
??
Jean BROWN
Birth Date: 6 Dec 1905
Death Date: 27 Jun 1992
Social Security Number: xxx-xx-4227
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Pennsylvania

Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 16101
Localities: Castle, Lawrence, Pennsylvania
New Castle, Lawrence, Pennsylvania
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: manifest marking

Post by vj »

suanj, do you think it is possible
that he joined a club?
Between 1942 (WWII) & 1971 (SSDI) he
was probably in New Castle...
Valarie

Sons of Italy
PA SOI Web site: Sons of Italy PA Lodges
Vita Nuova Lodge #2785
905 South Mill Street
New Castle, PA 16101
724-658-9390
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: manifest marking

Post by suanj »

thanks valerie! I want to search on this link... and yes this Jean could be the right Jean.. I know from my other american friend that Charles and Jean married in 1924, but it is possible that he married once before. perhaps we can find more....! Kisses and thanks, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: manifest marking

Post by vj »

suanj, not sure how to get a copy of this obituary
from this site
this index

New Castle Public Library's Marriage/Obituary Database
Details of the record
id 126330
Last Name Brown
First Name Charles
Spouse
Parent
Newspaper NCN
Page 3
Date of Marriage Announcement
Date of Death Announcement 01-27-1971
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: manifest marking

Post by vj »

suanj,
No Charles Brown in 1930 at 1002 Dewey in New Castle
(1942 WWII address)

But, if Charles didn't give the correct age, we have
a Charles Brown & wife Jean, married 1924, in 1930
living in Ellwood City, Beaver, PA
(12 miles to New Castle)
Valarie :wink:

1930 Brown Census
403 Division?? Ave, rents $25
Ellwood City, Beaver, PA

head Charles Brown 36 (abt 1894) IT
- married age 30 (abt 1924)
- immig 1904 Al
- Laborer, Tube Mill (Steel Tube Mill)
wife Jean 24 (abt 1906) PA
- parents b in IT
- married age 18 (abt 1924)
boarder John Coci 22 PA, single
- parents b in IT
- Laborer, Tube Mill
boarder Domenic Coci 20 PA, single
- parents b in IT
- Laborer, Tube Mill
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: manifest marking

Post by suanj »

Hi valeire, thanks, this is he sure; the death date is right and so the 1930; I know that in 1930 census the birthyear sound incorrect but it is he sure( only more young of 10 year...) this is a great find dear Valerie... perhaps we can find also the marriage in PA! great, Palmina will be happy!

maybe this could be the second marriage of Jean:

New Castle Public Library's Marriage/Obituary Database
Details of the record
id 126374
Last Name Brown
First Name Jean
Spouse John T. Carr
Parent
Newspaper NCN
Page 11
Date of Marriage Announcement 08-21-1972
Date of Death Announcement


what you think?

Kisses, and thanks, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: manifest marking

Post by suanj »

Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: manifest marking

Post by vj »

suanj :D ,
Agree, the 1972 marriage may certainly be the
correct Jean.
Will the library make copies of the two records?

Here are the 4 census records.
Hard to tell which one may be Domenico.

Headed out to garden for a bit, please let me (us) know
if you would like to see anything else.

Still looking for WWI record with location, if we can find
may help confirm another census record.

Valarie

1910 Brown 1885 son Phila
1920 Brown 1880 & Clara Phila
1920 Brown 1885 & Stella Northampton
1920 Brown & Matilda 1896 Phila
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: manifest marking

Post by suanj »

Hi valwerie, thanks a lot!!!
abt:
-1910 Brown 1885 son Phila-this is not! sorry!

1920 Brown 1880 & Clara Phila-this could be, but abt the PA in naturalisation column let me think that from 1920 to 1944 it is a long time for a naturalisation process... maybe could be also... I wish to save this record

1920 Brown 1885 & Stella Northampton- This also is not... already naturalized; our Charles naturalized in 1944

1920 Brown & Matilda 1896 Phila-ditto for age and immigration year... maybe the second record could be helpful... what is strange that a so much of italian immigrant changed the name in Charles Brown, so usual... maybe because is a usual name in USA it was more hard to find it for some reason... the best of the search it is by 1942 draft card, and so much thanks dear valerie, Palmina is so happy; she ask if Charles had a previous marriage and maybe some son...frankly I believe possible this.... the second record could be possible; the age is incorrect, but the immigration year sound enough right.... and the profession in Rug Mill, sound as in 1930 census: Tube Mill...... and for this cause I wish to make a thought on.... kisses and thanks a lot, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply