Need help finding 1916 Chicago birth certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
peggymckee
Elite
Elite
Posts: 264
Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00

Re: Need help finding 1916 Chicago birth certificate

Post by peggymckee »

Dear Corrado (Jon?),

I had a Email recently from Julie A. Satzik, Archivist at the Chicago Archdiocese. She told me that my father was baptized at Our Lady of Pompeii Parish. I recently ordered a copy of my Dad's baptismal certificate from Laura Medina, Archivist at Shrine of Our Lady of Pompeii. I'm waiting for that to arrive.

As much as I appreciate your offer of help, it probably makes for more to wait until I know whether Laura could find my Dad's record.

However, if you want to look at the Archdiocese here's the information.

My father was born Nov. 10, 1916. His baptismal name: Eusebio Luigi Marchi. I'm pretty sure the home address was 1123 W. Harrison in Chicago. The church was Our Lady of Pompeii Church. His parents were Nello Marchi & Luisa Bertellotti. Any information that you can give me would be wonderful--but most especially if there is any indication that the birth was ever recorded "civilly"--if that's the right word.

BTW, today I received a "No birth record found" certificate (certified) for Dad from Cook County.
Many thanks, Peggy M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
User avatar
corrado
Elite
Elite
Posts: 385
Joined: 12 Dec 2006, 00:00
Location: Queens NY

Re: Need help finding 1916 Chicago birth certificate

Post by corrado »

i found the baptism in the index, but they cut off the end of the rell at 1915 so you can write to the parish, which is now the shirne of our Lady of Pompeii http://www.ourladyofpompeii.org/

i don't have a scanner or i would put the doc out here.... but its just a list of names
peggymckee
Elite
Elite
Posts: 264
Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00

Re: Need help finding 1916 Chicago birth certificate

Post by peggymckee »

Many thanks for the information! All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Post Reply