Spadaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Spadaro

Post by vj »

M Concetta Masucci

Lisa, you mentioned Concetta’s 1903 manifest, I noticed
it wasn’t linked correctly on the Ellis Island site.
Is this the correct manifest?
Thanks! Valarie

1903 manifest
Line: 8
Arrival Date: 30 Mar 1903
Ship Name: Sicilian Prince
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Microfilm Serial: 15 Microfilm Roll: T715_333
Page Number: 220

Name: M Concetta Masucci
Estimated birth year: abt 1883 Age: 20
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian
- single
- last residence: Volturara Irp??
(may be comune of Volturara Irpina,
province: Avellino, region: Campania)

- destination: Pittsburgh, PA
- joining uncle Mariano Masucci at 83 Washington St
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Spadaro

Post by Biff83 »

Morning Valarie,

Nice finds everyone. If Gennaro did work for a time as a street car conductor for the New York State Railway, he may have collected a few of these tickets.

Image

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Lisa1566
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 00:29
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Spadaro

Post by Lisa1566 »

The info that you all found seemed to be cross referenced under other names that were kind of similar to Spadaro. How did you do that? When I check the sounds like box, I get everything that starts with S. I am new to this, what am I doing wrong. Gennaro came over here in 1887 with his parents, he was only 5 yrs old. I want to find out his parents names by looking at the 1900 census. I am hitting a wall. Lisa
User avatar
Lisa1566
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 00:29
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Spadaro

Post by Lisa1566 »

Valerie, I did notice that is wasn't linked correctly. I got in touch with Ellis Island. They emailed me the link to the correct one. It was thru stevemorse.org. Thanks Lisa
Post Reply