Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Canada

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
debbth
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Can

Post by debbth »

Hello everyone,
You guys are awesome in your ability to help in researching family history! I have a feeling my g uncle Antonio Viale came through Canada but if he came before my grandparents, he should be in the records for Quebec up to 1921. Perhaps he came through some other port.

I suppose my next step will be to write to Silea and try to obtain the family record. It would be awesome to have a record of everyone in the family and event info as well. We have so little info on our Viale side due to the early death of my grandfather.

I will see if I can find a form letter in Italian so I can contact the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Silea.

Thanks again,
Debbie
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Can

Post by Biff83 »

Debbie,

This interactive letter generator should help in writing your letter.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 159
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: Vittorio Veneto

Re: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Can

Post by wishyou »

Anyway I found that Sant'Elena di Silea under The Napoleonic domain had a Town Hall (1806-1816).
Post Reply