Military Service Records in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
bwatenz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 16 May 2008, 23:28

Re: Military Service Records in Italy

Post by bwatenz »

I mean his brothers name was Rocco.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Military Service Records in Italy

Post by suanj »

bwatenz wrote:That ship record is correct concerning the names of the children and their ages. White Plains, New York was were he was living. He came over to the USA with his brother Rocci after serving in the Military. I was told he did not come through Ellis Island. I think he went through Egypt or something like that. He also owned land when he left Italy, and left it to his sister who stayed behind. His wife Antonia came at a later date. I believe that manifest is correct. Her maiden name on her application for Social Security was Trufio. My 2nd cousin said her maiden name was Trupia which I have not found a document to support that spelling.

I did not recieve a response yet about the Act because I sent that letter through the mail.

I can try to reply to that email and ask them if they can and look up Giovanni's name again with an alternate spelling of Barbaro. Maybe he did change it. All I know is even his death Certificate, and Grave Stone says Varvaro, and his surname was past down to me.
Yes I understand, but on the ship's manifest the children surname is Barbaro( as also the husband surname in White Plains)... but in USA the surname is Varvaro.... both was in Staiti..... so this is a problem until the Giovanni Varvaro ship's manifest finding... if he came by Egypt or other in no important because, in some way he arrived in USA and the ship's manifest must be..... maybe a better search and the mystery will be resolved...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Military Service Records in Italy

Post by suanj »

bwatenz wrote:That ship record is correct concerning the names of the children and their ages. White Plains, New York was were he was living. He came over to the USA with his brother Rocci after serving in the Military. I was told he did not come through Ellis Island. I think he went through Egypt or something like that. He also owned land when he left Italy, and left it to his sister who stayed behind. His wife Antonia came at a later date. I believe that manifest is correct. Her maiden name on her application for Social Security was Trufio. My 2nd cousin said her maiden name was Trupia which I have not found a document to support that spelling.

I did not recieve a response yet about the Act because I sent that letter through the mail.

I can try to reply to that email and ask them if they can and look up Giovanni's name again with an alternate spelling of Barbaro. Maybe he did change it. All I know is even his death Certificate, and Grave Stone says Varvaro, and his surname was past down to me.
Yes I understand, but on the ship's manifest the children surname is Barbaro( as also the husband surname in White Plains)... but in USA the surname is Varvaro.... both was in Staiti..... so this is a problem until the Giovanni Varvaro ship's manifest finding... if he came by Egypt or other it is no important, because, in some way he arrived in USA and the ship's manifest must be..... maybe a better search and the mystery will be resolved...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
bwatenz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 16 May 2008, 23:28

Re: Military Service Records in Italy

Post by bwatenz »

ok I will research it further. Thank You
User avatar
bwatenz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 16 May 2008, 23:28

Re: Military Service Records in Italy

Post by bwatenz »

**
Post Reply