Giaquinto Information needed (Found At Last)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by brujaojos »

Hi Everyone,

I got all your pm's about this post. I'm willing to help, but you have to give me a recap. There are too many pages to go through.

Also, what documents does the poster have on Gertrude?

Does the poster have a death certificate for her? If so, where did she die? When did she die? What information was listed on the certificate?

does the poster have a marriage application? the marriage application has more information on it than the marriage certificate.

Is there anything that lists her parents' names?

Is "Egan" the surname of the 1st spouse? Where were they married?

Who is this letter and what's it about? I saw the word adoption? By any chance was the "Egan" husband abusive and Gertrude ran to protect her and a child?

I'm trying to poke around.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by wldspirit »

Person you are contacting: gertrude egan
Person being sought: wayne selwood
Message: dear wayne all these years i have trying to find you , im sure you dont know you have a mother out there , other than the one you know your father took you to canada and never returned if any one reads this message please if you know wayne dennis gardener selwood please contact
This reply will be sent directly using our MESSAGE MASTER automated confidential response system.
Posted By:
gertrude egan on Monday 23rd October 2000

Quote from Janice:

"Wayne sends his gratitude, he has lived his whole life thinking that his Mother abandoned him. Now he nows that this wasn't the truth and that she did in fact look for him.
Janice"

Family has marriage record of Brian and Gertrude, and Wayne has his birth record..........

I wrote a brief summary on page 5?..At this point a partial email addy was provided by the above site, but no solid leads.......

Janice outlined the search on page one.........

Your a peach!!!!!!! :D
DeLisa
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by brujaojos »

Hi Everyone,

I am a little confused and it is late, however, I have one quesiton....

If Egan was the first husband and Selwood the second husband, then, Gertrude should be a Selwood especially when looking up death records.

Either way, I'm just throwing out what I'm finding from ancestry with the names.

I'll try again tomorrow with a fresh start.
Night all!
Trish

England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2004 Record
about Gertrude Alice Egan
Name: Gertrude Alice Egan
Birth Date: 1 Jan 1927
Death Registration Month/Year: Jun 1989
Age at death (estimated): 62
Registration District: North Cleveland
Inferred County: Cleveland
Volume: 3
Page: 2731

Canadian Phone and Address Directories, 1995-2002
Name Address City Province Postal Code Phone Number

Brian Selwood 133 NW Woodstock NW Edmonton Alberta T5T 0H6 780-486-1880
Brian Selwood 955A Robinson Naramata British Columbia V0H 1N0 250-496-0009
Brian Selwood S Hwy 97 Penticton British Columbia V2A 1A1 250-490-8348

U.S. Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002 Record
about Gertrude Egan
Name: Gertrude Egan
Address: 133 Cove St
City: Kingsport
State: Tennessee
Zip Code: 37660-2617
Phone Number: 423-288-3486
Residence Years: 1998 1999 2000
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by wldspirit »

Night Trish....headed there myself......son is having surgery in the a.m.,..........could maybe someone provide a more detailed recap then what I provided......that way Trish can dig right in!!!!!!!!
DeLisa
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by brujaojos »

Hi again,

One more, if were are looking for Gertrude Egan, here are some in various States.

GERTRUDE J EGAN
age 81
INVER GROVE HEIGHTS MN

GERTRUDE J EGAN
age 81 SOUTH SAINT PAUL MN

GERTRUDE M EGAN
age 80
SPRINGFIELD IL

GERTRUDE BERKELY EGAN
age 80
WARWICK RI

GERTRUDE B EGAN
age 85
VALLEY STREAM NY

GERTRUDE M EGAN
age 86
BRIGHTWATERS NY

GERTRUDE BETTY EGAN
age 81
LOWELL MA

GERTRUDE J EGAN
age 81
SOUTH SAINT PAUL MN

Smile for me!:0
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

Hi, I think that "tkolsch" is Trudy Kolsch .... I found this new: by http://www.lyon-county.org/commissioner ... INUTES.pdf
Yerington, Nevada August 18, 2005

"Gertrude Kolsch stated she was upset when she heard that 155 people wrote complaints to the
GID. She found that some of the people on this petition are not even Silver Springs residents."
and silver spring is no Reno, but always is a trace.. this search is long but I hope that we can find.. regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by wldspirit »

Based on your info suanj, I found a property tax list for the county of Lyon,

John and Gertrude Kolsch
P O Box 458
Silver Springs, Nevada 89429-0458

The above address is where the bills are sent for this property:

John and Gertrude Kolsch
3490 Citrus St.
Lot 99
Silver Springs, Nevada

I could not locate marriage info, the new Bush laws are kicking in........
see this site for Lyon:

http://lyon-county.org/recorder/

Back to sleep........
DeLisa
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

Suanj

I have sent an email to the clerks office that keeps the minutes of the meetings Gertrude attended. I asked them if they know her, and if they do to ask her if she ever went by any of the other surnames, and if she did to mail me.

Fingers crossed

Marisa
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Folks

Its mid-morning here in Scotland, and I hope you are all enjoying a good nights sleep!

Hope this summary is useful to Trish

Searching for - GERTRUDE GIAQUINTO - born circa 1925 US. Father James, (possibly Giacomo)

Marriage#1 - ? EGAN - dates and locations uncertain. Possibly one daughter to this marriage born circa 1945

Marriage#2 - BRIAN SELWOOD, 3rd Oct 1950 Seacombe England. Son WAYNE DENNIS GARDENER SELWOOD born 22 Aug 1951. Brian died in 1977.

Gertrude returned to the US around 1953/54

Wayne somehow ended up in Canada with his father Brian and stepmother (edit - still living).

Gertrude may have gone by the nickname Trudy.

In 2000, Gertude placed this posting on the 'Missing You' UK site using the name EGAN.
Person you are contacting: gertrude egan
Person being sought: wayne selwood
Message: dear wayne all these years i have trying to find you , im sure you dont know you have a mother out there , other than the one you know your father took you to canada and never returned if any one reads this message please if you know wayne dennis gardener selwood please contact
Posted By:
gertrude egan on Monday 23rd October 2000

'Missing You' could only supply a partial email address 'tkolsch@reno'.

There is a Gertrude Kolsch born 1922 living in Silver Springs Nevada, not far from Reno

I think thats all correct?

Marisa
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

yes Marisa, and now needing to find a able in server... host systems or similar knowdlege for to find what is @reno.......
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

good morning all!!!!!!

I am overwhelmed by all of you...........you all give new meaning to care and compassion as well as determination. I can only hope that when Getrude is found and re-united with her son that I can then turn my attention to help someone else as you have helped me.

Thank you all
Janice
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

Marisa,

Wayne's Step-mother is still alive but vague when questioned. Wayne didn't find out till he was 21 that she wasn't his mother. Also was never his father that spoke to him (he just shut down about gertrude and his life in England). I asked her once about notifying his family when he got cancer and she said that he had no contact with them.

I have thought about the marriage application as well but when I wrote to Liverpool I was told that everything was at the GRO in London.

Here as well am trying to get marriage license for Brian and Myrna (nee Shepard) from 1955 from Quebec almost like getting gold out of fort knox. Those french don't share well for the most part. e-mailed them a couple of days ago (in English) and haven't heard yet. MAy have a french friend e-mail them in french see if they answer faster.

janice
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

Hi Lisa, it is possible to see for you, theGertrude Kolsch (in Silver Spring) phone number..? because 775 phone number is a STRANGE phone number.. thanks


U.S. Public Records Index Record
Directories
Name: Gertrude Kolsch
Birth: dd mm year
Residence: city, Lyon, Nevada
thanks, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by brujaojos »

suanj wrote:Hi Lisa, it is possible to see for you, theGertrude Kolsch (in Silver Spring) phone number..? because 775 phone number is a STRANGE phone number.. thanks


U.S. Public Records Index Record
Directories
Name: Gertrude Kolsch
Birth: dd mm year
Residence: city, Lyon, Nevada
thanks, suanj
Hi Suanj,

Here is the US Public Record you mention above.
Name: Gertrude Kolsch
Birth Date: 5 Dec 1922
Street Address: Po Box 458
City: Silver Springs
County: Lyon
State: Nevada
Zip Code: 89429
Phone Number: 775
Household Members: Name Est. Age Birth Year
Gertrude Kolsch 83 1922
John Kolsch
Sharon E Kolsch 83 1922
Sharon E Kolsch 61 1944
William D Kolsch 83 1922
William D Kolsch 50 1956
William P Kolsch 49 1956

And 755 is the area code. Here is more below.

This is from the US Phone directory 1998-2002
Record Name Spouse City State Phone Number Residence Years
Bill Kolsch Sharon Reno Nevada 775-853-8851 1999 2000 2001 2002
Bill Kolsch Sharon Reno Nevada 702-853-8851 1998
C Kolsch Dayton Nevada 775-246-1683 2001
J Kolsch Silver Springs Nevada 702-577-2139 1993 1994 1995
Sharon Kolsch Bill Reno Nevada 775-853-8851 1999 2000 2001 2002
Sharon Kolsch Bill Reno Nevada 702-853-8851 1998

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi

If the phone number is not right, do you think it might be worthwhile contacting her local church? I have had a look at Silver Springs on the map and I think her local church is Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament at 1400 Antelope St, (775) 577-0363. It is a Catholic church. She may not be catholic, but it might be worth a try. Trying to find the second half of the email address is going to prove difficult! What do you think?

Marisa
Post Reply