Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
- MascheroniBR
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 27 Feb 2011, 16:54
- Contact:
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
After my second e-mail, someone from Brivio's Office answered my request.
From what I understood, I have to write a signed letter including an ID document attached, is that correct? They didnt request payment though...
In riferimento alla Vs. e-mail del 23 maggio 2011,
si comunica che per poter evadere la richiesta di copie integrali di atti di stato civile
è necessario che la stessa sia sottoscritta.
Alla richiesta dovrà inoltre essere allegata copia di un documento di riconoscimento.
Distinti saluti
L’UFFICIALE DELLO STATO CIVILE
F.to Magoni Renzo
Should I use the templates already provided in this thread?
Tks
Mauricio
From what I understood, I have to write a signed letter including an ID document attached, is that correct? They didnt request payment though...
In riferimento alla Vs. e-mail del 23 maggio 2011,
si comunica che per poter evadere la richiesta di copie integrali di atti di stato civile
è necessario che la stessa sia sottoscritta.
Alla richiesta dovrà inoltre essere allegata copia di un documento di riconoscimento.
Distinti saluti
L’UFFICIALE DELLO STATO CIVILE
F.to Magoni Renzo
Should I use the templates already provided in this thread?
Tks
Mauricio
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
Yes, that is what is requested. I think the templates will serve the purpose.MascheroniBR wrote:After my second e-mail, someone from Brivio's Office answered my request.
From what I understood, I have to write a signed letter including an ID document attached, is that correct? They didnt request payment though...
In riferimento alla Vs. e-mail del 23 maggio 2011,
si comunica che per poter evadere la richiesta di copie integrali di atti di stato civile
è necessario che la stessa sia sottoscritta.
Alla richiesta dovrà inoltre essere allegata copia di un documento di riconoscimento.
Distinti saluti
L’UFFICIALE DELLO STATO CIVILE
F.to Magoni Renzo
Should I use the templates already provided in this thread?
Tks
Mauricio
T.
- MascheroniBR
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 27 Feb 2011, 16:54
- Contact:
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
I just received the Parish files!!!
The Parish sent to me extracts from my GGF Baptism and Marriage certificates.
MASCHERONI FRANCESCO GAETANO as born on September 1st 1864 - Cairate.
Gaetano was son of MASCHERONI CELESTINO and COLOMBO MARCELLINA (MY GGGFs!!!
)
He Married my GGM, Lavelli Angela on Jan 05th 1890.
Lavelli Angela was born in Brivio on March 04th 1868.
I was charged 5 euros for the post expenses! They sent me a document to pay via wire transfer or something... still have to figure out how to do It!
I am waiting for the Copia Integralli for my GGM documents from Brivio Office. My contact said he would mail them shortly.
Meanwhile, I will try contacting the Parish once more, see if they know how can I trace back information about my newly discoverd GGG parents, Celestino and Marcellina... I would like to go as far as I can!
The Parish sent to me extracts from my GGF Baptism and Marriage certificates.
I was charged 5 euros for the post expenses! They sent me a document to pay via wire transfer or something... still have to figure out how to do It!
I am waiting for the Copia Integralli for my GGM documents from Brivio Office. My contact said he would mail them shortly.
Meanwhile, I will try contacting the Parish once more, see if they know how can I trace back information about my newly discoverd GGG parents, Celestino and Marcellina... I would like to go as far as I can!
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
Great news! 
Enjoy the journey...
T.
Enjoy the journey...
T.
- MascheroniBR
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 27 Feb 2011, 16:54
- Contact:
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
Today I received a letter from Brivio's Office!!!
Even though I have requested 3 documents from my GGM (Nascita/Matrimonio/Morti), only one document came enclosed...it appears to be the Copia Integralle de'l atto de Nascitta from my GGM, Lavelli Angela!
The document is big, it must have lots of good information!! Needless to say, I desperately need your help to translate it into English!!
Its a huge document so take your time!!
Would my Genealogy Mentors help me once more???
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/86 ... lavel.png/
Even though I have requested 3 documents from my GGM (Nascita/Matrimonio/Morti), only one document came enclosed...it appears to be the Copia Integralle de'l atto de Nascitta from my GGM, Lavelli Angela!
The document is big, it must have lots of good information!! Needless to say, I desperately need your help to translate it into English!!
Its a huge document so take your time!!
Would my Genealogy Mentors help me once more???
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/86 ... lavel.png/
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
Hi Mauricio 
Don't have time for the entire document right now... someone will jump in to assist...
But I can tell you that the notation on the right under Angela's name states that on 5 January 1890 she celebrated marriage with Francesco Gaetano Mascheroni.
The date of the birth record is 5 March 1868, noon at the town hall, when Angelo Francesco Lavelli, 32, peasant farmer, appeared before the official to declare the birth of a female child to his wife Celestina C???? on the 4th of the current month at 10 PM.
T.
Don't have time for the entire document right now... someone will jump in to assist...
But I can tell you that the notation on the right under Angela's name states that on 5 January 1890 she celebrated marriage with Francesco Gaetano Mascheroni.
The date of the birth record is 5 March 1868, noon at the town hall, when Angelo Francesco Lavelli, 32, peasant farmer, appeared before the official to declare the birth of a female child to his wife Celestina C???? on the 4th of the current month at 10 PM.
T.
- MascheroniBR
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 27 Feb 2011, 16:54
- Contact:
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
Hi Tessa! No problem, I know you all do the best you can to help! Without your help I would never get to this point of my quest!
Hopefully i can get a full translation!!
Hopefully i can get a full translation!!
- MascheroniBR
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 27 Feb 2011, 16:54
- Contact:
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
Hi all!! It's been a while!!
In the meantime, I managed to get an incredible amount of information about the Mascheroni leg of the family!! Cairate`s Parish Priest conducted an in depth research for me with a lot of good results!! I`ll share his last message!
Egregio signor Mascheroni,
ho continuato la ricerca dei suoi antenati, con buoni risultati.
Le avevo spedito i certificati di Battesimo di MASCHERONI FRANCESCO GAETANO e di Matrimonio con LAVELLI ANGELA MARIA.
Ecco ora i risultati dell’ulteriore ricerca:
- il padre di MASCHERONI FRANCESCO GAETANO, segnalato con il nome di MASCHERONI CELESTINO, in realtà si chiama MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO CELESTE, nato a Cairate il
24/09/1832.
- la madre di MASCHERONI FRANCESCO GAETANO, segnalata con il nome di COLOMBO MARCELLINA, in realtà si chiama COLOMBO TERESA MARCELLINA, nata a Castronno (VA) il 16/11/1835
figlia di COLOMBO PAOLO nato a Morazzone (VA) e di MACCHI ANGIOLA nata a Morazzone (VA)
MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO CELESTE e COLOMBO TERESA MARCELLINA si sono sposati a Cairate il 20/01/1857.
- il padre di MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO CELESTE è MASCHERONI DAMASO AMBROGIO, nato a Cairate il 11/12/1800
- la madre di MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO CELESTE è MASCHERONI MARIA TERESA nata a Cairate il 14/09/1810
MASCHERONI DAMASO AMBROGIO e MASCHERONI MARIA TERESA si sono sposati a Cairate il 21/05/1831
- il padre di MASCHERONI DAMASO AMBROGIO è MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO
- la madre di MASCHERONI DAMASO AMBROGIO è MACCHI SAVINA
MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO ( figlio di ANTONIO MARIA) e MACCHI SAVINA (figlia di GIUSEPPE) si sono sposati il 25/01/1795
- il padre di MASCHERONI MARIA TERESA è MASCHERONI LUIGI
- la madre di MASCHERONI MARIA TERESA è TAGLIORETTI ANGIOLA MARIA nata a Cairate il 21/12/1788
MASCHERONI LUIGI (figlio di Pietro) e TAGLIORETTI ANGIOLA MARIA ( figlia di Giuseppe ) si sono sposati il 17/01/1808
Purtroppo non si riesce ad andare avanti perché non ci sono più le date di nascita sui registri dei matrimoni, perché i nomi non sempre sono riportati correttamente ( come nel caso di Mascheroni Celestino che si chiamava Giuseppe Antonio Celeste) e perché si tratta di nomi molto comuni a Cairate, è quindi difficile individuare con esattezza le persone.
Per quanto riguarda i fratelli e le sorelle la ricerca è più lunga e complicata, non avendo date di riferimento bisogna cercare pagina per pagina.
Mi faccia sapere quali certificati di Battesimo e di Matrimonio le interessano.
Cordiali saluti
Ettorina Scandroglio
To get this level of information was really a nice surprise for me!
Could you please clarify what she said in the last paragraph? From what I understood, searching for brothers will be very difficult as there are no dates for reference!
There are some dates missing, but I assume the records lack this information.
Notice that at the last level of information, only the first name of the father is reported (Mascheroni Luigi, figlio di Pietro..etc).
I presume this is the way people would report birthdates back than... (around 1770), or maybe, surnames were not yet used!
Meanwhile I`m trying to obtain more information on the Lavelli part of the family (Brivio LC).
In the meantime, I managed to get an incredible amount of information about the Mascheroni leg of the family!! Cairate`s Parish Priest conducted an in depth research for me with a lot of good results!! I`ll share his last message!
Egregio signor Mascheroni,
ho continuato la ricerca dei suoi antenati, con buoni risultati.
Le avevo spedito i certificati di Battesimo di MASCHERONI FRANCESCO GAETANO e di Matrimonio con LAVELLI ANGELA MARIA.
Ecco ora i risultati dell’ulteriore ricerca:
- il padre di MASCHERONI FRANCESCO GAETANO, segnalato con il nome di MASCHERONI CELESTINO, in realtà si chiama MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO CELESTE, nato a Cairate il
24/09/1832.
- la madre di MASCHERONI FRANCESCO GAETANO, segnalata con il nome di COLOMBO MARCELLINA, in realtà si chiama COLOMBO TERESA MARCELLINA, nata a Castronno (VA) il 16/11/1835
figlia di COLOMBO PAOLO nato a Morazzone (VA) e di MACCHI ANGIOLA nata a Morazzone (VA)
MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO CELESTE e COLOMBO TERESA MARCELLINA si sono sposati a Cairate il 20/01/1857.
- il padre di MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO CELESTE è MASCHERONI DAMASO AMBROGIO, nato a Cairate il 11/12/1800
- la madre di MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO CELESTE è MASCHERONI MARIA TERESA nata a Cairate il 14/09/1810
MASCHERONI DAMASO AMBROGIO e MASCHERONI MARIA TERESA si sono sposati a Cairate il 21/05/1831
- il padre di MASCHERONI DAMASO AMBROGIO è MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO
- la madre di MASCHERONI DAMASO AMBROGIO è MACCHI SAVINA
MASCHERONI GIUSEPPE ANTONIO ( figlio di ANTONIO MARIA) e MACCHI SAVINA (figlia di GIUSEPPE) si sono sposati il 25/01/1795
- il padre di MASCHERONI MARIA TERESA è MASCHERONI LUIGI
- la madre di MASCHERONI MARIA TERESA è TAGLIORETTI ANGIOLA MARIA nata a Cairate il 21/12/1788
MASCHERONI LUIGI (figlio di Pietro) e TAGLIORETTI ANGIOLA MARIA ( figlia di Giuseppe ) si sono sposati il 17/01/1808
Purtroppo non si riesce ad andare avanti perché non ci sono più le date di nascita sui registri dei matrimoni, perché i nomi non sempre sono riportati correttamente ( come nel caso di Mascheroni Celestino che si chiamava Giuseppe Antonio Celeste) e perché si tratta di nomi molto comuni a Cairate, è quindi difficile individuare con esattezza le persone.
Per quanto riguarda i fratelli e le sorelle la ricerca è più lunga e complicata, non avendo date di riferimento bisogna cercare pagina per pagina.
Mi faccia sapere quali certificati di Battesimo e di Matrimonio le interessano.
Cordiali saluti
Ettorina Scandroglio
To get this level of information was really a nice surprise for me!
Could you please clarify what she said in the last paragraph? From what I understood, searching for brothers will be very difficult as there are no dates for reference!
There are some dates missing, but I assume the records lack this information.
Notice that at the last level of information, only the first name of the father is reported (Mascheroni Luigi, figlio di Pietro..etc).
I presume this is the way people would report birthdates back than... (around 1770), or maybe, surnames were not yet used!
Meanwhile I`m trying to obtain more information on the Lavelli part of the family (Brivio LC).
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
Hi Mauricio! 
Looks like you hit the jackpot!!!
What wonderful information you have received.
In answer to your question about the last paragraph, indeed, the writer indicates that the search for brothers and sisters is more complicated because there are no dates of reference for their births, and a search must be made page by page.
As for just listing the father's first name... that is quite common. The surname is assumed to be that of the child, unless otherwise noted.
T.
Looks like you hit the jackpot!!!
What wonderful information you have received.
In answer to your question about the last paragraph, indeed, the writer indicates that the search for brothers and sisters is more complicated because there are no dates of reference for their births, and a search must be made page by page.
As for just listing the father's first name... that is quite common. The surname is assumed to be that of the child, unless otherwise noted.
T.
- MascheroniBR
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 27 Feb 2011, 16:54
- Contact:
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
This is indeed wonderfull!! To think that I know the name of an ancestor born around 1750 is surreal!!Tessa78 wrote:Hi Mauricio!
Looks like you hit the jackpot!!!![]()
What wonderful information you have received.
In answer to your question about the last paragraph, indeed, the writer indicates that the search for brothers and sisters is more complicated because there are no dates of reference for their births, and a search must be made page by page.
As for just listing the father's first name... that is quite common. The surname is assumed to be that of the child, unless otherwise noted.
T.
However, this may be my dead end, according to this sentence:
Purtroppo non si riesce ad andare avanti perché non ci sono più le date di nascita sui registri dei matrimoni, perché i nomi non sempre sono riportati correttamente ( come nel caso di Mascheroni Celestino che si chiamava Giuseppe Antonio Celeste) e perché si tratta di nomi molto comuni a Cairate, è quindi difficile individuare con esattezza le persone.
I presume that there is no way to trace documents from my oldest known ancerstors (my GGGGGGF's), as there are no dates on the records and names were very similar to each other on that period... even though records may exist!
MASCHERONI ANTONIO MARIA - Estimate birth date: 1740-1750
Married to: UNKNOWN
MACCHI GIUSEPPE - Estimated bith date: 1740-1750
Married to: UNKNOWN
MASCHERONI PIETRO - Estimated bith date: 1750-1760
Married to: UNKNOWN
TAGLIORETTI GIUSEPPE - Estimated bith date: 1750-1760
Married to: UNKNOWN
I asked for the full copies of the baptism/mariage records so I get to know about professions, etc...
Notice that Mascheroni was the surname for both my GGGGF and GGGGM, (Mascheroni Damaso Ambrogio - born 1800 and Mascheroni Maria Teresa - born 1810)
I mean... her Maiden name was already Mascheroni... seems like a common name in the region!
Re: Mascheroni - GGrandparents Research
MascheroniBR wrote:This is indeed wonderfull!! To think that I know the name of an ancestor born around 1750 is surreal!!Tessa78 wrote:Hi Mauricio!
Looks like you hit the jackpot!!!![]()
What wonderful information you have received.
In answer to your question about the last paragraph, indeed, the writer indicates that the search for brothers and sisters is more complicated because there are no dates of reference for their births, and a search must be made page by page.
As for just listing the father's first name... that is quite common. The surname is assumed to be that of the child, unless otherwise noted.
T.![]()
However, this may be my dead end, according to this sentence:
Purtroppo non si riesce ad andare avanti perché non ci sono più le date di nascita sui registri dei matrimoni, perché i nomi non sempre sono riportati correttamente ( come nel caso di Mascheroni Celestino che si chiamava Giuseppe Antonio Celeste) e perché si tratta di nomi molto comuni a Cairate, è quindi difficile individuare con esattezza le persone.
I presume that there is no way to trace documents from my oldest known ancerstors (my GGGGGGF's), as there are no dates (of birth) on the (marriage) records and names were very similar to each other on that period (and not reported correctly)... even though records may exist!![]()
MASCHERONI ANTONIO MARIA - Estimate birth date: 1740-1750
Married to: UNKNOWN
MACCHI GIUSEPPE - Estimated bith date: 1740-1750
Married to: UNKNOWN
MASCHERONI PIETRO - Estimated bith date: 1750-1760
Married to: UNKNOWN
TAGLIORETTI GIUSEPPE - Estimated bith date: 1750-1760
Married to: UNKNOWN
I asked for the full copies of the baptism/mariage records so I get to know about professions, etc...
Notice that Mascheroni was the surname for both my GGGGF and GGGGM, (Mascheroni Damaso Ambrogio - born 1800 and Mascheroni Maria Teresa - born 1810)
I mean... her Maiden name was already Mascheroni... seems like a common name in the region!
T.
