I wondered if the surname "Serrolla" was a common italian surname? Or at least a bit more common than what I previously believed!
Thanks


I do know that Luigi's parents died before he came to us b/c he was orphaned and now that I have names I might be able to get more info.Church of Santa Maria del Carmine
This document certifies that
Mr. Luigi Burgo, age 22
son of Rocco and of Angela Latella
born in Salandra - province of Potenza
and Miss Antonia Sferrolla, age 19
daugther of Nicola and Domenica Bonelli
born in Salandra - province of Potenza
were united in the holy Marriage with the rite of the Catholic Church
and according to laws of the State of New Jersey
the 15th February 1909 in this Church by the priest
Michele Di Delsi (/I think it's another D of Delsi.../)
with the witnesses Michele Ambruso and Nicoletta Mastrulli
This copy is like the original
Camden, 28th Febraury 1910"
Hi,swcolleen wrote:I definatly want to see about getting the marriage certificate but it sounds like according to my grandmother that Luigi and Antonia maybe have been married in Philadelphia not Camden-yikes! I will keep digging!!
Don't know if anyone gave you the Social Security Death Index information. If they did, sorry for repeating.swcolleen wrote:Thanks Trish for the info. I beleive Luigi and Antoina to be married in Camden NJ in 1909 but I think that Michele Burgo and Rosaria Lamarra were married in Phila in 1906. If you are able to find them in your records that would be helpful too.~