Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Sambina,
When I click on yours I can't get on it either, but when I click on wldspirit's link I have no trouble. Let me try to link it for you again.
http://www.graonline.com/cgi-bin/gra/do ... gratrailer
Nuccia
When I click on yours I can't get on it either, but when I click on wldspirit's link I have no trouble. Let me try to link it for you again.
http://www.graonline.com/cgi-bin/gra/do ... gratrailer
Nuccia
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
There it goes. Thank you! I will start reading this.
I sent out question forms for all the rest of my living relatives. I thought maybe that would help me as well. See what they all remember.
Thank you
"Siamo nati, viviamo e moriamo poi! Perché non ha un grande tempo mentre lei vivono! L'amore, vive, la festa, e guida con la cima giù sotto la pioggia! ED una volta lei ha vissuto, ha amato, il partied, e corso intorno con la cima giù morte è
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
I just tried it from the link I provided and it went thru........Nuccia,
could you try and see what happens??????
*edit........posted at same time.......
found a marriage database specific to Rochester, Monroe County,
lots of Russo marriages, some for Meli, and one for Pudetti,
Year of Marriage 1927
Last Name PUDETTI
First Name FRANCES
Middle Initial
Spouse's Last Name BARRAVECHIO
Spouse's First Name MICHAEL
Spouse's Middle Initial
Volume 20
License # 54413
Here is the link, wish all databases could be so informative!!!!
http://www.cityofrochester.gov/Finance/ ... N=42816016
ItalianGenealogy Rocks!!!!!!!!
I'm just happy to be a part of it with so many wonderful people!!!
Lisa
could you try and see what happens??????
*edit........posted at same time.......
found a marriage database specific to Rochester, Monroe County,
lots of Russo marriages, some for Meli, and one for Pudetti,
Year of Marriage 1927
Last Name PUDETTI
First Name FRANCES
Middle Initial
Spouse's Last Name BARRAVECHIO
Spouse's First Name MICHAEL
Spouse's Middle Initial
Volume 20
License # 54413
Here is the link, wish all databases could be so informative!!!!
http://www.cityofrochester.gov/Finance/ ... N=42816016
ItalianGenealogy Rocks!!!!!!!!
I'm just happy to be a part of it with so many wonderful people!!!
Lisa
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Good Morning All!
I have now gone to the LDS Family History building. It was a very neat and interesting time. I ordered a few films that are from what I am thinking to be the town my family is from.
Now what do I do?
While I am waiting I just feel like I should be doing something so if you have any thoughts or ideas of what would be helpful and help to pass the time I would appreciate your input.
Thank you

I have now gone to the LDS Family History building. It was a very neat and interesting time. I ordered a few films that are from what I am thinking to be the town my family is from.
Now what do I do?
While I am waiting I just feel like I should be doing something so if you have any thoughts or ideas of what would be helpful and help to pass the time I would appreciate your input.
Thank you
"Siamo nati, viviamo e moriamo poi! Perché non ha un grande tempo mentre lei vivono! L'amore, vive, la festa, e guida con la cima giù sotto la pioggia! ED una volta lei ha vissuto, ha amato, il partied, e corso intorno con la cima giù morte è
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Do lots of reading. The more you know how to do genealogy, the better! Get as many US records as you can on your family (census, marriage, naturalization, SS application, death). They all have information on them that can help with your research.
ancestry com is a paid site, but you may want to get subscription for all the records they have.
Also, search the net. You may find others working on the family. Maybe not direct line with yours, but connected.
Here are some good sites to have (freebies)
www.cyndilist.com
www.rootsweb.com
www.italyworldclub.com
ancestry com is a paid site, but you may want to get subscription for all the records they have.
Also, search the net. You may find others working on the family. Maybe not direct line with yours, but connected.
Here are some good sites to have (freebies)
www.cyndilist.com
www.rootsweb.com
www.italyworldclub.com
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Today I found the marriage information about my Great Aunt. She married into the Nicotra family. It was neat to find her. Now I just need to find more. I can't find any other information about her yet but I am hopeful.
I do have a subscription to ancestry.com BUT I have had more luck by searching marriage records from my town and death records.
I also found my Great Grandmothers Obit. IT WAS SOO GREAT!
Does anyone here know about sending mail to Italy?
I just don't want to ask the wrong questions.
I was given an email addy for a place to contact in Italy but I didn't know if there is a standard letter that I should write?
Thanks a bunch
I do have a subscription to ancestry.com BUT I have had more luck by searching marriage records from my town and death records.
I also found my Great Grandmothers Obit. IT WAS SOO GREAT!
Does anyone here know about sending mail to Italy?
I just don't want to ask the wrong questions.
I was given an email addy for a place to contact in Italy but I didn't know if there is a standard letter that I should write?
Thanks a bunch
"Siamo nati, viviamo e moriamo poi! Perché non ha un grande tempo mentre lei vivono! L'amore, vive, la festa, e guida con la cima giù sotto la pioggia! ED una volta lei ha vissuto, ha amato, il partied, e corso intorno con la cima giù morte è
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
I already told you were to write (see above)ricbru wrote:At this point, since her father's name is Salvatore, and it matches with that one on ship record, I suggest you to contact Castiglione di Sicilia civil record office, to request her birth certificate
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Lauria, 1
9012 Castiglione di Sicilia (CT)
Italy
servizidemografici@comune.castiglionedisicilia.ct.it
or rent Castiglione di Sicilia civil record microfilmto FHL (mormon church)
or contact Archivio di Stato di Catania
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
bye Riccardo
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Thank you again

"Siamo nati, viviamo e moriamo poi! Perché non ha un grande tempo mentre lei vivono! L'amore, vive, la festa, e guida con la cima giù sotto la pioggia! ED una volta lei ha vissuto, ha amato, il partied, e corso intorno con la cima giù morte è
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Do I need to write everything in Italian?
If so wow I am going to need some help my Italian is rusty.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
If so wow I am going to need some help my Italian is rusty.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
"Siamo nati, viviamo e moriamo poi! Perché non ha un grande tempo mentre lei vivono! L'amore, vive, la festa, e guida con la cima giù sotto la pioggia! ED una volta lei ha vissuto, ha amato, il partied, e corso intorno con la cima giù morte è
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Sambina,
You have done well so far with the LDS records. Write your letter in English and post it here. There are people who will help you with the translation once you tell them what you want to say.
Here's a link for a site that will help you with basic letter writing.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
Good luck and keep up the good work.
Nuccia
You have done well so far with the LDS records. Write your letter in English and post it here. There are people who will help you with the translation once you tell them what you want to say.
Here's a link for a site that will help you with basic letter writing.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
Good luck and keep up the good work.
Nuccia
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
This is what I was thinking of writing.
Let me know what you think and I am going to look at the web addy you gave me.
Good Afternoon,
I am writing to get help in my genealogical search. I am searching for my family that came from Castiglione di Sicilia. Any information and help would be very appreciated. I have had a really hard time finding any further information that what is listed below. Thank you for your time.
Nicola Russo (married 1921 at age of 35)
Death: 11 Jul 1962
Parents were Alfio Russo from
and mother Carmela LICCIARDELLO.
Vincenza Camuglia (married 1921 at age of 25)
Death: 31 Jul 1928
Parents were Salvatore Comuglia
and mother Rose Santora.
They all made it to Rochester, NY. Nicola and Jennie (Vincenza) Russo had children and are both burried in Rochester, NY.
I know that Jennie (Vincenza Camuglia) was related to a Rosario, Salvatore, Anthony, Gracia (Grace) and 3-4 more siblings.
Nicolò Russo also from Castiglione, who leaves at home his father Alfio Russo - Nicolò Russo was born around 1884
Thank you for all help you can give me!
Christina Pudetti
If you have any questions please contact me.
FamilyTree@cmbcomp.net
My Italian is very bad so please be patient.
Let me know what you think and I am going to look at the web addy you gave me.
Good Afternoon,
I am writing to get help in my genealogical search. I am searching for my family that came from Castiglione di Sicilia. Any information and help would be very appreciated. I have had a really hard time finding any further information that what is listed below. Thank you for your time.
Nicola Russo (married 1921 at age of 35)
Death: 11 Jul 1962
Parents were Alfio Russo from
and mother Carmela LICCIARDELLO.
Vincenza Camuglia (married 1921 at age of 25)
Death: 31 Jul 1928
Parents were Salvatore Comuglia
and mother Rose Santora.
They all made it to Rochester, NY. Nicola and Jennie (Vincenza) Russo had children and are both burried in Rochester, NY.
I know that Jennie (Vincenza Camuglia) was related to a Rosario, Salvatore, Anthony, Gracia (Grace) and 3-4 more siblings.
Nicolò Russo also from Castiglione, who leaves at home his father Alfio Russo - Nicolò Russo was born around 1884
Thank you for all help you can give me!
Christina Pudetti
If you have any questions please contact me.
FamilyTree@cmbcomp.net
My Italian is very bad so please be patient.
"Siamo nati, viviamo e moriamo poi! Perché non ha un grande tempo mentre lei vivono! L'amore, vive, la festa, e guida con la cima giù sotto la pioggia! ED una volta lei ha vissuto, ha amato, il partied, e corso intorno con la cima giù morte è
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Hi again Sambina,
I could be wrong but I think there's too much information given here. It should be more simple. I would be more specific in what you're looking for like an act or birth info or family info. I think you'll get better results. And I don't think I'd mention where they moved to. This is only my opinion, though.
Try the website and see what it suggests...anyone else have any other suggestions?
Nuccia
I could be wrong but I think there's too much information given here. It should be more simple. I would be more specific in what you're looking for like an act or birth info or family info. I think you'll get better results. And I don't think I'd mention where they moved to. This is only my opinion, though.
Try the website and see what it suggests...anyone else have any other suggestions?
Nuccia
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Ok, I hear what you are saying. The question then becomes what would give me more information? I want to know who was in my great grandmothers immediate family.
Any ideas on what would be best?
Any ideas on what would be best?
"Siamo nati, viviamo e moriamo poi! Perché non ha un grande tempo mentre lei vivono! L'amore, vive, la festa, e guida con la cima giù sotto la pioggia! ED una volta lei ha vissuto, ha amato, il partied, e corso intorno con la cima giù morte è
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Sambina,Sambina wrote:This is what I was thinking of writing.
Let me know what you think and I am going to look at the web addy you gave me.
Good Afternoon,
I am writing to get help in my genealogical search. I am searching for my family that came from Castiglione di Sicilia. Any information and help would be very appreciated. I have had a really hard time finding any further information that what is listed below. Thank you for your time.
Nicola Russo (married 1921 at age of 35)
Death: 11 Jul 1962
Parents were Alfio Russo from
and mother Carmela LICCIARDELLO.
Vincenza Camuglia (married 1921 at age of 25)
Death: 31 Jul 1928
Parents were Salvatore Comuglia
and mother Rose Santora.
They all made it to Rochester, NY. Nicola and Jennie (Vincenza) Russo had children and are both burried in Rochester, NY.
I know that Jennie (Vincenza Camuglia) was related to a Rosario, Salvatore, Anthony, Gracia (Grace) and 3-4 more siblings.
Nicolò Russo also from Castiglione, who leaves at home his father Alfio Russo - Nicolò Russo was born around 1884
Thank you for all help you can give me!
Christina Pudetti
If you have any questions please contact me.
FamilyTree@cmbcomp.net
My Italian is very bad so please be patient.
I would like to suggest you few things:
- put their italian name, write Vincenza not Jennie;
- you can't request to Ufficio di Stato Civile "any informations", they can only give you civil certificates or copy of civil acts;
-since you say who are the brothers and sisters (not all) of Vincenza, request all the birth acts of children of Salvatore Camuglia and Rosa Santoro;
- request birth records of Nicola Russo borna round 1884/1886, Alfio Russo and Carmela Licciardello;
-attach to your request a big envelope and a couple of international reply coupons, so you are sure to receive the records.
Some civil record office wants the certificate to be paid for an amount of 30 eurocents each. At least also attach $ 5 bill.
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Re: Pudetti / Camuglia / Russo Family
Good advice Riccardo, as usual!
Nuccia
Nuccia



