Caraffa
Re: Caraffa
Here is an easier way to access manifest......
http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html
try eliminating info....otherwise it restricts your search results......
wldspirit
http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html
try eliminating info....otherwise it restricts your search results......
wldspirit
Re: Caraffa
Am I missing something?
I looked through this entire topic looking for suanj and a grandmother's listing and can't seem to find ANY reference to Ellis Island ... I don't wear glasses, so am I just losing it ...
I looked through this entire topic looking for suanj and a grandmother's listing and can't seem to find ANY reference to Ellis Island ... I don't wear glasses, so am I just losing it ...
Bob Fornal
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
Re: Caraffa
[align=center]rfornal wrote:Am I missing something?
I looked through this entire topic looking for suanj and a grandmother's listing and can't seem to find ANY reference to Ellis Island ... I don't wear glasses, so am I just losing it ...
Absolutely not!!
[/align]
You're not losing it....
Maria
Re: Caraffa
"I am looking for information on grandparents:
Dominic Caraffa, married to Mary Pietrosemoli.
Mary born in 1893. Both from Abuzzi.
Emigrated to U.S. maybe in 1915-1920. Settled in Philadelphia"
"...my grandmother's arrival in 1920 at Ellis Island.
I have searched and searched ellisisland.org for
that record and I keep getting no match."
possible 1920 manifest
page 1
page 2
Dominic Caraffa, married to Mary Pietrosemoli.
Mary born in 1893. Both from Abuzzi.
Emigrated to U.S. maybe in 1915-1920. Settled in Philadelphia"
"...my grandmother's arrival in 1920 at Ellis Island.
I have searched and searched ellisisland.org for
that record and I keep getting no match."
possible 1920 manifest
page 1
page 2
Re: Caraffa
... then that means
I'm just really confused.
Who are we looking for and when did or didn't SUANJ find her on Ellis Island's site?

Who are we looking for and when did or didn't SUANJ find her on Ellis Island's site?
Bob Fornal
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
Re: Caraffa
Doesn't help it allrfornal wrote:Glasses: on head ...
Like that idea![]()
Nuccia,
How's the figures
Be
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Caraffa
The possible 1920 manifest for grandmother Mary Pietrosemoli (above) may answer a couple of questions from 1930 census as compared to his WW1 Draft Card:
- Dominic Caraffa was married on his WW1 Draft Card, Mary was probably in Italy
- his child under 12 was probably Romilda, born abt 1914 and possibly married by the 1930 census
------------------------------------------------
Where was Dominic in 1920?
according to this manifest they were joining him in
Furnace Run, East Franklin, Armstrong, PA (not Phila)
only Caraffa in East Franklin in 1920?:
1920 census
Mike Curoffa (Caraffa), 25 (abt 1895) married,
immig 1918? Pa, miner - coal mine
- Dominic Caraffa was married on his WW1 Draft Card, Mary was probably in Italy
- his child under 12 was probably Romilda, born abt 1914 and possibly married by the 1930 census
------------------------------------------------
Where was Dominic in 1920?
according to this manifest they were joining him in
Furnace Run, East Franklin, Armstrong, PA (not Phila)
only Caraffa in East Franklin in 1920?:
1920 census
Mike Curoffa (Caraffa), 25 (abt 1895) married,
immig 1918? Pa, miner - coal mine
Re: Caraffa
The fingers are getting better..got my ring caught in the screen door when husband was chasing me (and we were not fighting but horsing around). My ring bent out of shape (it was not real gold) and the finger slapped against the door. I'm cranky and in pain and popping more codiene than I would like. Typing is also not any fun...jcsm400 wrote:Doesn't help it allrfornal wrote:Glasses: on head ...
Like that idea![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
And I'm confused,too!
Looking for Mariana Pietrosemoli 1920 manifest
![]()
Nuccia,
How's the figures![]()
Computer or husband accident
![]()
![]()
![]()
Be&
![]()
jcsm
Oh yeah...I found my glasses....what a mess I made at work! No glasses and down two fingers. We will be having a sale on the merchandise I ordered in that we don't usually carry...
But Thank You for asking!
As for being confused...don't be you guys. Often members help each other off board or on other forums. Also, many times posters bond with certain members here and exchange info privately. Suanj is very thorough and she may look for a record for months when everyone else has forgotten about it and presto..she finds it. She never gives up.
I do hope though that the poster links a copy of the manifest...
nuccia
Re: Caraffa
Well, I certainly have had my chuckles for the day! Thanks, Nuccia.
Glad figures are on the mend, but be careful with the codiene.....don't want to visit you in rehab!....Will need to visit the sell if government will get their act together(will explain in email).
Have you found the spell check? Promise not to hijack anymore posts...for a little while, anyway!
nonna j
Glad figures are on the mend, but be careful with the codiene.....don't want to visit you in rehab!....Will need to visit the sell if government will get their act together(will explain in email).
Have you found the spell check? Promise not to hijack anymore posts...for a little while, anyway!
nonna j
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Caraffa
Figures = Fingers?
Think I got it this time ... dinner was good ... 36 emails and I'm home ...
Think I got it this time ... dinner was good ... 36 emails and I'm home ...
Bob Fornal
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
Re: Caraffa
Me thinks Nonna needs spell check too!!!rfornal wrote:Figures = Fingers?
Think I got it this time ... dinner was good ... 36 emails and I'm home ...
Want to ask about your dinner but I think Sharon's going to kill us for doing this to her thread...maybe we'll need to start a new post in Off Topics for all this!
nuccia
Re: Caraffa
Hi Sharon,
On the 1/3/04 manifest (posted by Nuccia) it shows Domenico's birth town is POLLUTRI. The LDS Church Mormans) has filmed the civil records (birth, marriage, & death acts) for this town.
Here is a link to the available films.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
Link to locate your nearest LDS-Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
A guide on obtaining these films.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2581.html
An Italian-English genealogical word list.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP
If you need anything else or have other questions, just ask.
Good luck with your research & keep us posted on your progress.
jcsm
On the 1/3/04 manifest (posted by Nuccia) it shows Domenico's birth town is POLLUTRI. The LDS Church Mormans) has filmed the civil records (birth, marriage, & death acts) for this town.
Here is a link to the available films.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
Link to locate your nearest LDS-Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
A guide on obtaining these films.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2581.html
An Italian-English genealogical word list.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP
If you need anything else or have other questions, just ask.
Good luck with your research & keep us posted on your progress.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.



