Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
sxp215
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 00:00
Location: Annapolis MD

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by sxp215 »

Wow, how cool to get a reply to this board after so long! I knew that there were some Petruso's in the UK, but had never been able to fit you into the tree! I wonder who your Nonno's father was? ...I bet he was a brother (or possibly a nephew) to my great grandfather Francesco. As you can see from the post, a lot of the Petruso boys (and there were a lot of them) from that house emigrated to America the early 1900's. We're all still here :-)

We have a pretty extensive family tree up on Geni. (It's a genealogy social networking site, so it may not be entirely accurate, but it's great for sharing) If I can figure out how you connect to Francesco/Domenico I can add you to it and you can join the family discussion.

Cheers,
Stephanie
Frank Foster
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 01:54

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by Frank Foster »

My late wife,Madelyn Petruso, was from Meadville, PA.
Her father was John (Giovanni) Petruso. I think that he was a brother in-law of Custode
Petruso. He married Saviara Petruso.
I have met several members of both sides of the family, but do not know much about of the anceatry.
John was from the Palermo region and born about 1872.I think that he came to the US in 1907, but I do not know the port of entry.
Any information that you can provide on the family history would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I would be glad to provide any information on the family in the US that I can.

Frank
ffoster77@aol.com
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by adelfio »

Here you go
Baptism record of Giovanni Battista Petruso (Joannes=Giovanni)
Index#98
1871 June 4th in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena baptism of Giovanni Battista Petruso son of Domenico Petruso and Maddelena Vicari godparents Giovanni Battista Petruso and Anna Serio

PG LINK TO RECORD BOTTON RIGHT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351062301

Baptism of Saveria Petruso
Index#166
1885 Oct 4th in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena baptism of Saveria Petruso daughter of Santo Petruso and Giuseppa Porcasi godparents Custode Porcasi and Saveria Lopes

PG LINK TO RECORD LEFT SIDE TOP
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351205101

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by adelfio »

Baptism of Custode Petruso
Index#1201
1889 Feb 10th in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena baptism of Custode Petruso son of Santo Petruso and Giuseppa Porcasi godparents Salvatore Modica and Anna Vicari

PG LINK TO RECORD LEFT SIDE 2 DOWN
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351205101


Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
Domenic37
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 20:39

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by Domenic37 »

Hello everyone. I haven't been on here for a while. I am Domenic Petruso, 38 y/o. My grandfather was also Domenic, great-grandfather was Benedetto Petruso. I am also curious about my family. I know some, but not all. Lots of rumors but would like to know for certain. My grandfather lived in NY, Meadville, then came to Michigan. He passed away in 74. Never got to meet him but always wanted to meet the Meadville relatives.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Hi there. I hope you come back and read this board again soon. I recently started researching my genealogy. And I too had a grandmother named Concetta Salvia. But I believe that my grandmother Concetta was not the daughter of Nichola like yours was, but my grandmother Concetta had a brother named Nicholas. My Concetta also married a Rapp, and I came from that family. Does any of that sound like the same relatives as yours?
maddipa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Jan 2016, 00:51

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by maddipa »

I believe we have some sort of family connection because I had an aunt Concetta Rapp who lived in Meadville when I was growing up. She lived a stone's throw from my grandfather Nicola Salvia so I feel that she was either a sister or cousin of his. Since I am 82 that was a good many year's ago and at that time they never talked about relationship's. My grandfather, Nicola passed before I was born but Concetta Rapp was alive in my youthful years. She had a son Sam who lived in Meadville and then moved to Erie, PA.
maddipa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Jan 2016, 00:51

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by maddipa »

Domenic37 wrote:Hello everyone. I haven't been on here for a while. I am Domenic Petruso, 38 y/o. My grandfather was also Domenic, great-grandfather was Benedetto Petruso. I am also curious about my family. I know some, but not all. Lots of rumors but would like to know for certain. My grandfather lived in NY, Meadville, then came to Michigan. He passed away in 74. Never got to meet him but always wanted to meet the Meadville relatives.
Dominic, I have a family reunion photo from 1940 and in the photo is a Dominic Petruso from Michigan that was a cousin of my father and also in the photo was a man that was supposed to be Dominic's father also from Michigan but we do not have a name for him. Could this be your grandfather and great-grandfather? I live in Meadville and have been living here all of my life (82 years). Maybe we could connect somehow - not sure how to do it privately. There may be a private messaging option on this site - I'll check it out.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Hi, this message is for maddipa. I'm not sure how to use this message board, and didn't realize I had a reply from you until I just came back here looking for something else. Thanks for your reply! Yes, that Concetta Rapp who was your aunt in Meadville was my great grandmother! You and I must be cousins. I never met any of my birth family because I was given up for adoption at birth since my parents were not married to each other. If you know anyone who has pictures of any of the family, I would love it if they could contact me.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Moneyman2010mn, is your family tree on Ancestry.com? I would love to look at it.
maddipa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Jan 2016, 00:51

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by maddipa »

Lisa, I have tried to private message you to no avail. Could you e-mail me at maddidamico@gmail.com and we can continue the conversation.

Maddi
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Maddi, I sure will!
maddipa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Jan 2016, 00:51

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by maddipa »

I am looking for further info on ancestors of my grandfather, Nicolai Salvia (born 1871 in Borgetto) and was the son of Giueseppi Salvia and Maria Concetta Grillo (born 1849). Maria Concetta Grillo was the daughter of Joseph Grillo and Francisca Grillo. I would also like to know if my grandfather, Nicolai Salvia had any other siblings other than Maria Antonia Salvia.

Also if any info is available for my grandmother, Maddalena DiMarco Salvia (born circa 1877). Her parents were Nicolai DiMarco and Francisca Cangelosi DiMarco. I can't seem to go any further back than that.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by adelfio »

Baptism of Maddalena DiMarco
1877 Feb 4th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena baptism of Maddalena DiMarco daughter of Nicolo DiMarco and Francisca Cangelosi

RECORD LEFT SIDE BOTTOM OF PAGE
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marriage of Nicolo DiMarco and Francesca Cangialosi
Record#8
1873 Jan 27th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Nicolo DiMarco son of deceased Giuseppe DiMarco and Maddalena Salvia married Francesca Cangialosi daughter of Geraldo Cangialosi and Cyra Cosentino

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
maddipa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Jan 2016, 00:51

Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region

Post by maddipa »

Marty, Thanks so much. I really appreciate this.
Post Reply