Maternal Grandfather
Re: Maternal Grandfather
Hello Ricardo, thank you for the web address for the churches. I see the web address for both locations is the same. Is the correct?
Re: Maternal Grandfather
Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Maternal Grandfather
Hi Ricardo, are both addresses the same?
These are the San Giorgio del Sannio churches
www.parrocchie.it/gear...d_cognome=
and these are Montefusco churches
www.parrocchie.it/gear...d_cognome=
bye Riccardo
Hi Ricardo, are both addresses the same?
These are the San Giorgio del Sannio churches
www.parrocchie.it/gear...d_cognome=
and these are Montefusco churches
www.parrocchie.it/gear...d_cognome=
bye Riccardo
Parente, Camerlengo, De Iorio, Di Luca, Mirra, Mirro, De Stefano, De Spirito
Re: Maternal Grandfather
Hello everyone, I hope everything is OK with Ricardo. I have written him and he hasn't replied.
Does anyone know the answerto my question? Ricardo gave me the web addresses to the churches for San Giorgio and Montefusco. WHen I entered them they appeared to be the same site for San Giorgio. Can anyone give me the site for Montefusco?
Thank you for you time.
Chuck
Does anyone know the answerto my question? Ricardo gave me the web addresses to the churches for San Giorgio and Montefusco. WHen I entered them they appeared to be the same site for San Giorgio. Can anyone give me the site for Montefusco?
Thank you for you time.
Chuck
Re: Maternal Grandfather
here is the website for locating parish.....
http://www.parrocchie.it/gear/qlist.htm ... d_cognome=
wldspirit
http://www.parrocchie.it/gear/qlist.htm ... d_cognome=
wldspirit
Re: Maternal Grandfather
Thank you.............

Re: Maternal Grandfather
your welcome...happy to help........
wldspirit
wldspirit
Re: Maternal Grandfather
Hi, I just thought I would mention this little fact. The web sits are in Italian...... I don't understand how to look for what churh my grandpartes might have attended.
How can I go farther than this?????
How can I go farther than this?????
Re: Maternal Grandfather
While this site does not provide the best translation.....it will enable you to
understand enough to get by.......
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
you can translate text or web pages.......
wldspirit
understand enough to get by.......
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
you can translate text or web pages.......
wldspirit
Re: Maternal Grandfather
I know this topic is quite old, but I just recently stumbled across it. This immediately caught my attention.
[Hello, my name is Charles Parente, Jr. I am the grandson of Vincenzo Mirra. He came San Giorgio La Montagna now called San Diorgio del Sannia province of Benevento, Italy. He was born on August 28 1889. The Ellis Island web site shows he immigrated from Naples, Italy on April 16, 1913 on the ship Mendoza and arrived in New York on April 30, 1913. I am looking for confirmation that he did leave on that day and also on that ship. I would also like any other information you are able to locate. Such as birth, baptism, marriage, or any information on his parents of any additional relatives would be helpful.
You could send the information to Charles Parente, Jr. 500 Center Street, Duryea, PA 18642
U.S.A.]
This story seems to borderline that of my own family. My grandfather, whose name was Joseph Mirra (Mirro), immigrated from the Benevento province in Italy during the same time frame, although as a young boy. As I understood from my grandmother's view before she passed away (he is also deceased), when he immigrated the United States sought to "Americanize" him, and changed his full name. I am unaware if he had his first name changed, but our family name was verified to have been changed from "Mirra" to "Mirro".
That side of my family has a slightly elusive history. To my knowledge, "Joseph Mirro" married a Martha Christman in [Trenton, New Jersey] and moved to Pennsylvania, where I imagine they registered in the census mentioned earlier.
Joseph and Martha Mirro then traveled across the United States, riding the rails and gradually ended up in Renton, Washington, where Joseph got a job working in the Boeing factory during WW2.
The names Joseph, Vincent and David have apparently been prevalent in my family's history. As such, it is no surprise that Joseph and Martha had three children: Vincent Mirro (born 1938?-deceased 1998), Celia Mirro (born 1940? - present) and their youngest David Mario Mirro (my father, born June 5, 1950 - present).
Joseph died in 1980 (I believe) of complications involving an asthma attack. His wife Martha survived him several years and passed away in 1994 I believe. All this history is very vague to me.
Vincent, the oldest, adopted with his wife a son named Isaac, whom I believe lives in Florida. Vincent passed away (I do not recall the cause) in New Mexico in the late 90's.
Celia's history is reclusive. I know little about her other than that she is my Aunt and have only met her a handful of times. She has two daughters and a son, although neither of them I remember their names or have known well at all...
The youngest, David Mario Mirro, is my father. Born in Renton, Washington in 1950. Served in the Air Force and retired as a Captain. Still resides in Washington state. He married Janice Fadenrecht (of Ellensburg, WA) and they had three children, Elizabeth, Nathan, and myself, Jonathan.
My father and I have been seeking more knowledge of our family history (on the Mirro side) and we have had little luck. Other than what I've listed here, we know little else. I'm unaware of how many siblings Joseph Mirra had, and/or if they arrived with him in Ellis Island in 1913. We have had better luck with Martha Christman's side of the family, but we have been seeking any information on the Mirra's (from that time period) for several years and have come up empty. Most of the old documents and photographs of my grandparents are missing or locked away and unattainable due to matters of their estate, so I have little to work with.
Perhaps Vincenzo was Joseph's brother? Would make sense considering the importance of Vincent in my family's tradition. Apparently, Joseph was quite upset with my father David when neither my brother or I were given that name at birth. My father always said that he "broke tradition", so I imagine that the name may predate even my grandfather.
If anyone has any further information, please don't hesitate to get ahold of me at jon.mirro@gmail.com.
Thank you!
[Hello, my name is Charles Parente, Jr. I am the grandson of Vincenzo Mirra. He came San Giorgio La Montagna now called San Diorgio del Sannia province of Benevento, Italy. He was born on August 28 1889. The Ellis Island web site shows he immigrated from Naples, Italy on April 16, 1913 on the ship Mendoza and arrived in New York on April 30, 1913. I am looking for confirmation that he did leave on that day and also on that ship. I would also like any other information you are able to locate. Such as birth, baptism, marriage, or any information on his parents of any additional relatives would be helpful.
You could send the information to Charles Parente, Jr. 500 Center Street, Duryea, PA 18642
U.S.A.]
This story seems to borderline that of my own family. My grandfather, whose name was Joseph Mirra (Mirro), immigrated from the Benevento province in Italy during the same time frame, although as a young boy. As I understood from my grandmother's view before she passed away (he is also deceased), when he immigrated the United States sought to "Americanize" him, and changed his full name. I am unaware if he had his first name changed, but our family name was verified to have been changed from "Mirra" to "Mirro".
That side of my family has a slightly elusive history. To my knowledge, "Joseph Mirro" married a Martha Christman in [Trenton, New Jersey] and moved to Pennsylvania, where I imagine they registered in the census mentioned earlier.
Joseph and Martha Mirro then traveled across the United States, riding the rails and gradually ended up in Renton, Washington, where Joseph got a job working in the Boeing factory during WW2.
The names Joseph, Vincent and David have apparently been prevalent in my family's history. As such, it is no surprise that Joseph and Martha had three children: Vincent Mirro (born 1938?-deceased 1998), Celia Mirro (born 1940? - present) and their youngest David Mario Mirro (my father, born June 5, 1950 - present).
Joseph died in 1980 (I believe) of complications involving an asthma attack. His wife Martha survived him several years and passed away in 1994 I believe. All this history is very vague to me.
Vincent, the oldest, adopted with his wife a son named Isaac, whom I believe lives in Florida. Vincent passed away (I do not recall the cause) in New Mexico in the late 90's.
Celia's history is reclusive. I know little about her other than that she is my Aunt and have only met her a handful of times. She has two daughters and a son, although neither of them I remember their names or have known well at all...
The youngest, David Mario Mirro, is my father. Born in Renton, Washington in 1950. Served in the Air Force and retired as a Captain. Still resides in Washington state. He married Janice Fadenrecht (of Ellensburg, WA) and they had three children, Elizabeth, Nathan, and myself, Jonathan.
My father and I have been seeking more knowledge of our family history (on the Mirro side) and we have had little luck. Other than what I've listed here, we know little else. I'm unaware of how many siblings Joseph Mirra had, and/or if they arrived with him in Ellis Island in 1913. We have had better luck with Martha Christman's side of the family, but we have been seeking any information on the Mirra's (from that time period) for several years and have come up empty. Most of the old documents and photographs of my grandparents are missing or locked away and unattainable due to matters of their estate, so I have little to work with.
Perhaps Vincenzo was Joseph's brother? Would make sense considering the importance of Vincent in my family's tradition. Apparently, Joseph was quite upset with my father David when neither my brother or I were given that name at birth. My father always said that he "broke tradition", so I imagine that the name may predate even my grandfather.
If anyone has any further information, please don't hesitate to get ahold of me at jon.mirro@gmail.com.
Thank you!
Re: Maternal Grandfather
I just checked the Ellis Island webpage, and excuse me, the age is far off. It's quite possible the Vincenzo was Joseph's (my grandfathers) father...


