Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Post by Biff83 »

Pistolpete wrote:Thank you guys so much. You've been incredibly helpful and I'm grateful.

This Ellis Island report says he was blind.

http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0009
We're happy to have helped. This forum and a number of others have a wonderful group of folks who enjoy helping others find their roots. Still looking for a 1930 census for them.

Nice pick up on the manifest about him being blind in his left eye.

Best,
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Pistolpete
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 20:20

Re: Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Post by Pistolpete »

Biff83 wrote:
Pistolpete wrote:Thank you guys so much. You've been incredibly helpful and I'm grateful.

This Ellis Island report says he was blind.

http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0009
We're happy to have helped. This forum and a number of others have a wonderful group of folks who enjoy helping others find their roots. Still looking for a 1930 census for them.

Nice pick up on the manifest about him being blind in his left eye.

Best,
Biff
Yes, it's a terrific group. Makes me want to try helping out others the best I can. I'm new at this, though. I may get an account on ancestry. I could use that free one... family search or whatever it was I forget the name but I remember someone posting about it earlier. At this point I'm pretty happy with what I've gathered. I guess I'll try searching deeper from her on... maybe I'll look into my mother's side more (Which I previously knew more about) later.

Take care all, and a happy holiday to all!
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Post by Biff83 »

"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Post by Biff83 »

Pistolpete,

If you remember the earthquake that happened last April in Italy, your great grandfather's village suffered pretty extensive damage. Below is a link to a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_szX7r836o

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Pistolpete
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 20:20

Re: Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Post by Pistolpete »

Biff83 wrote:Pistolpete,

If you remember the earthquake that happened last April in Italy, your great grandfather's village suffered pretty extensive damage. Below is a link to a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_szX7r836o

Biff
I remember hearing something about an earthquake in Italy.

Wow, wonder if it had any effect on his (Well my) relatives descendants that stayed their. Damage does look pretty extensive... that's awful.
polly66
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 12:18

Re: Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Post by polly66 »

Biff83 wrote:
Pistolpete wrote:Thank you guys

so much. You've been incredibly helpful and I'm grateful.

This Ellis Island report says he was blind.

http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0009


We're happy to have helped. This forum and a number of others have a wonderful group of folks who enjoy helping others find their roots. Still looking for a 1930 census for them.



Nice pick up on the manifest about him being blind in his left eye.



Best,

Biff
polly66
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 12:18

Re: Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Post by polly66 »

Biff83 wrote:
Pistolpete wrote:Thank you guys

so much. You've been incredibly helpful and I'm grateful.

This Ellis Island report says he was blind.

http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0009


We're happy to have helped. This forum and a number of others have a wonderful group of folks who enjoy helping others find their roots. Still looking for a 1930 census for them.



Nice pick up on the manifest about him being blind in his left eye.



Best,

Biff
travelperfect
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Jan 2014, 04:40

Re: Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Post by travelperfect »

Hi. I know exactly who you are talking about. They were cousins of mine. I will contact my godmother who knows exactly who all these people were. In fact your grandmother was her aunt, I believe.

Anita
travelperfect
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Jan 2014, 04:40

Re: Help Me Figure Out My Biological Great Grandfather!

Post by travelperfect »

Are you still interested in info on Paul Chelli? I know exactly who these people are. You have my grandmother Antonina Alagna Amari marrying my father in 1942. That is not right. My mother was Marianna Amari (Antonina and Dominick's daughter). She married Anthony Alessandro (Alexandro) in 1942 (my father). Antonina Alagna Amari was married to Dominick Amari and he died in 1938. My cousin knows about Paul Chelli. He was a musician.
Post Reply