cerg wrote:Good Morning!!
I asked her if she had remember ever hearing anything about John's arrival to the US. She said that he came on the Carpathia. A friend that he was traveling with stayed on the ship and John jumped ship in New York. The guy he was traveling with return to Italy and he was on the Carpathia when they saved the Titanic. The friend later settled in Illinois and he was my Aunt Rosie's Godfather. She said that she remembers him as Mike Faraguna. She think that he might have gone by a different name at one time. Of course, he has passed away but his daughter still lives in Illinois. Rosie gave me her address, I am going to try and find a phone number for her....
Still no word from Joe in Canada..

I am so excited to get the information from his sister!! It feelslike it is taking forever to hear from him.
I am going to try and find the phone number for the daughter of this Mike Faraguna. I hope to be able to call her today. I will keep you guys posted on what I find out.
Kristina
Couldn't resist a peek... if Mike was on the Carpathia he would have been 20 years old...
Even if someone "jumps ship" and was employed by the ship at the beginning of the voyage... there should still be a record...
Link to Michele 1921 manifest.... he does exist...
First Name: Michele
Last Name: Farraguna
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: Aug 18, 1921
Age at Arrival: 29y Gender: M Marital Status: U
Ship of Travel: Presidente Wilson
Port of Departure: Trieste
Manifest Line Number: 0394
Well... looks like there should be more records.. especially if he's been working on ships since 1912...
Also, a ships crew manifest of a
Domenico Faraguna 1924 does exist... manifest says he deserted the boat... along with
Marco Faraguna... in Portland, Oregon... they were listed as Fireman working for this line from Trieste. Kristina, can you ask her about these other 2?
As for the 1914 Manifest... didn't WW1 begin in summer of 1914...
I had wondered why this Giovanni Cergnul was on that ship at a Floridian harbor... was travel by ship safe then?? Maybe because he had connections to ships... he was able to take a different route than usual... I'm just guessing here...
mfjp wrote:
All Florida Passenger Lists, 1898-1951 Results
Florida Passenger Lists, 1898-1951 Record
about Giovanni Cergnul
Name: Giovanni Cergnul
Arrival Date: 7 Oct 1914
Birth Date: abt 1894
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nationality/Race: Croatian
Ship: Borneo
Port of Departure: Fiume, Austria
Port of Arrival: Tampa, Florida
Last Residence: Austria
Birth Location: Austria
Birth Location Other: Albana
Microfilm Roll Number: m1844_17
Page: 015
Line Number: 5
Sister Maria is next of Kin in Albona....
Off to join "none" in PA
Link to Giovanni Cergnul's Manifest 1914 page 1
Page 2
Please note that he also has his name tatooed on his right arm!! Look at all those sailors he travels with... also, I think his occupation is FRMN... or fireman...
Maria
Further.... wonder if Dominik Miculian (sp) is on this ship....
