Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

Thank you for your help. I'll call the church and see if I can get a copy of their certificate. :D ~ Rita
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

Hi Suanj,
I just noticed in my notes that I have 2 different marriage dates. 8O On Alfio's baptismal it says August 17,1910 and on Laura's findings that she saw March 30,1907. ~~ Rita
Alfio Sapienza
"he was baptized the day May 13, 1884 , son of Lucia Di Stefano and Giuseppe Sapienza. Godmather was Giuseppa di Stefano.
In this act I can't understan which was the exact day of birth of Alfio....
On the left side there is the Marriage annotation:
August 17, 1910 he married Rosaria Fazio (daughter of Gaetano and Domenica Rizza or Frizza?) from Augusta (maybe the original town of Rosaria?) in New York City, Church of San Joaquin??? "

"probable Alfio Sapienza arrival:
Alfio Sapimra (Sapienza) Belpasso 1907 23 regards, suanj"
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by suanj »

In WWII draft registration card the birthdate is the 10 May 1884, and the baptism act also is right, because he baptized when was of 3 days old....
abt the marriage date, I believe civil marriage, the certificate number is 17804, in Manhattan August 17, 1910 and only requesting this act you can descover more....
sometime not all records online are corrects.... it is necessary, always, to find the original act... I don't know if the civil marriage date of Alfio is the same church marriage date, normally this date are different also in Italy, and the church record follow the civil record... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

Can Anyone tell me where Massa annunziata is in Sicily? I thought if I found that place I may be able to get film to find more information on Giuseppe Sapienza & father/mother. This information is greatly appreciated. Thank you. :) ~ Rita

In the year 1875 day 28 month January at the time 11.55 a.m. in the Comune's hall of Belpasso, open to the public,
in front of me Luigi Dr. Caruso ...(description on his comune's position) are:
1. Sapienza Giuseppe, age 40, farmer, born in Massa annunziata, living in Belpasso, son of Michelangelo (fu = died at the time of this act), residing in Massa annunziata when he was alive, and of Carmela Consoli (died) residing in Massa annunziata during her life
2. Proietto Lucia, age 23, farmer, born in Belpasso, living in Belpasso, daughter of Ignazio (died) living in Belpasso when he was alive, and of Domenica Distefano (died) , living in Belpasso when she was alive
them both asked me to marry them...... etc....etc....
Thank you for all your help. Now I'm going to try to find Joseph's 1st wife's name and their children
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by liviomoreno »

Massa Annunziata is a hamlet of Mascalucia, which is a Comune in the province of Catania. Here is a map.
If you zoom out in the map you will see Belpasso on the left of Massa Annunziata.
See also this topic in the forum Gente di Mare.
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

Hi Livio, Thank you.
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

:D Thanks Livio and Luca :)
vxxxx Eugenio Sapienza
Date Baptized - 1896, March 25
Born – 1896, March 20
Father – Giuseppe (Joseph)
Mother – Lucia xxxxx ?
God mother – Gratia Sapienza

Below Eugenio’s and Joseph’s names (on the left) there is the mother's name Lucia xxxxxx ?


:D :D
liviomoreno wrote:Vxxxx Eugenio Sapienza
Date Baptized - 1896, March 25
Born – 1896, March (20) potrebbe essere Sexta (6)
Father – Giuseppe (Joseph)
Mother – Lucia xxxxx ?
God mother – Gratia Sapienza

Below Eugenio’s and Joseph’s names (on the left) there is the mother's name Lucia xxxxxx ?
img177.imageshack.us/i...pedjl7.jpg

Once again, we need a larger picture... please don't crop it before posting.
For Rita. Now that you have almost all the baptismal documents with exact dates, why don't you ask for the civil documents? Perhaps we'll be able to know the true surname of Lucia!
Ciao
Luca
img177.imageshack.us/i...pedjl7.jpg

Once again, we need a larger picture... please don't crop it before posting.
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

Hi everyone, I have ordered 2 more Civil Registration films so I should have 3 coming soon. I can't wait to start working on them. Thank you so much for your help. :) ~ Rita :D
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

It has been a while since I posted and I wanted you to know that 2 of my films came in and will be going on Tuesday to see what I can find. :D I am anxious and hope you would help me find my answers about my family.. :D ~ Rita
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

I found this document that has a Maria Sapienza in it and didn't know if this person is related. It has 2 parts because it extends to a 2nd page.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7901 ... ro1yw1.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1874 ... ro2nx1.jpg
Thank you for your help.
:D ~Rita
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by Lucap »

Maria is daughter of Michelangelo, so she is Giuseppe Sapienza's sister. In the act is written that she was 24 in 1871 (now you know that she was born approximately in 1847 and you can have a go to her born act).
Ciao
Luca :lol:
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by Lucap »

Tell me if you need a complete translation.
Luca
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

yes Luca I would appreciate a full translation when you have a chance. Thank you! :D ~ Rita
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by Lucap »

Give a look here
Luca
User avatar
TIGER965
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Melbourne,Florida

Re: Lucia DiStefano married Giuseppi(Joseph)Sapienza

Post by TIGER965 »

Yes! :) I received Alfio and Rosaria's Marriage document! :D
Post Reply