Giaquinto Information needed (Found At Last)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

nuccia wrote:I'm checking for James Giaquinto using soundex...theres a few census I haven't seen before. I'll post as I go along and need opinions. I'll delete what we rule out after.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9232/imagex2gr.gif

Nuccia
Hi Nuccia this is a very interesting record... you can find also the 1930 census of same family? thanks :wink: suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

Good Morning All (6:33am here)
would a silk weaver be considered a laboror?
I have viewed a couple of these before and considering the time didn't most women fudge abit on their age.
I did find Gertrude F. Egan: on ancestry.com us veterans cemetaries,ca.1800-2004.
Wife of Gerald F. Egan.
DOB: 30 august 1919
Death: 3 december 2002
The records for Gerald show him as single on his enlistment in 1942 so thinking maybe they married after and had the daughter name? He left the Army in 1946.

Found 31 phone listings in the area of Calverton New york and one Egan.

Must go now and grab coffee to open my eyes bit more. Back soon again I truly appreciate all the help.
hugs, Janice
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by nuccia »

I'll try!

Nuccia :wink:
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by wldspirit »

Went thru all correct spellings of Giaquinto......nothing turned up for a Gertrude or a Trudy....... :(

Nuccia.......using the soundex for a possible spelling or transcription error seems to be the way to go.....

It ticks me off that the Missingyou site has not replied :!:

Taking a catnap.......will check in later.........

Regards everyone,
DeLisa
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

Messing up on spellings of names is common........a friend's parents came from england to Canada their last name was "Sturmey" when they had their son in Canada his last name became "Sturney" it ended up cheaper for them to change their last names then to have his birth certificate amended. This in 1942.

about missing you site do wonder if they don't have someone watching their undeliverable mail..............just to let someone replying to a message that it couldn't be delivered? Hope suanj receives a reply from the fax , they won't answer on weekends so maybe today???

thanx all back later have to get ready for work
Janice
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

until now, no reply, no by email, no by fax, and now I sended also another email! just a little pressing .... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by nuccia »

Another interesting census...1930.. a couple of Giaquinto and Jiaquinto...have a look!

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5236/imagex8kd.gif

Suanj, I can't find the other one you asked for above, yet. :( I'm so tired, I've been looking since 4 am that everything's a blur right now. :oops: People with this surname just seem to disappear from census to census. 8O But, we will keep trying! I have to get the kids ready for school and will check back after they leave.

Nuccia :)
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by nuccia »

And here's another...Suanj, please look these over since you have been following this carefully and tell me which I should keep and which I need to delete. Then we can recap again.
This is a 1920 one...
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7716/imagex7lz.gif


http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2551 ... rge5zk.gif

Parents names are different but daughter named Constance would be about 3 or 4 in 1930. :?

Nuccia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

nuccia wrote:And here's another...Suanj, please look these over since you have been following this carefully and tell me which I should keep and which I need to delete. Then we can recap again.
This is a 1920 one...
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/7716/imagex7lz.gif


http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2551 ... rge5zk.gif

Parents names are different but daughter named Constance would be about 3 or 4 in 1930. :?

Nuccia
Hi Nuccia I hope that you are sleeping in your bed.. nobody Gertrude in this censuses... I think that the better chance is in Plymouth MASS, Paterson NJ, and Manhattan New York NY... someone of this, but no records in 1930 census, very strange..! many kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jcsm400 »

suanj wrote:Hi Janice,
the email that I sended some day ago, well they receveid it, for sure, but no reply... yesterday, sunday, I faxed, and I hope in some reply..
about the info on Gertrude, I think that they have some info about the person and they can give us, otherwise as we can find suanj
suanj,

Thanks so much for easing my mind. The "give us" kept getting to me. Hope youe weren't offended. Definitely didn't mean to do that :!: But if I did, please accept my sincere apology.


Hi Everyone,

Everyone has been working really hard on solving this for Janice & family, but it is "looking for a needle in a hay stack." I just want to toss in a couple suggestions for Janice & family.

1. Have you guys thought about contecting the TV show "Unsolved Mysteries?' They may be willing to do a small segment for you.

2. Do you know anyone who might be willing to check Driver License Registration Bureau records for all Gertrude Egan over the age of 70 in 2000 & 2006? or someone connected to the FBI?

I have checked under GIQUINTO, GIACUINTO, GICUNTO, but have found nothing that connects. Will keep trying.

Check this link.

http://preview.ussearch.com/preview/new ... ApproxAge=

bye for now
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by wldspirit »

I ran the name GERTRUDE only thru the search engine for census, using birthdates of 1924,25 and 26.......nothing that points to our Gertrude.
However, in going thru some of these above searches it occured to me....what if she was living with other family and ended up listed under a different last name?

I've seen this happen in my own family census, a great grandfather was listed as a son under his grandfathers name, instead of his true surname and relation............

the possibilities are endless...............but the Unsolved Mysteries.......now that sounds like an idea :!: :D

I to ran the name thru one of those type of paid sites with a list provided on the previous page.......I've never used one of those sites, so I'm not sure what kind of info they really provide for the fee........ :?
Lisa
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jcsm400 »

deleted
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

Hi Joyce don't worry you no offended me...no! you are my friend! about this your record, if I remember well:
60 GERTRUDE BETTY EGAN

81 LOWELL MA


a Gertrude in Lowell is died in 2002

Gertrude EGAN
Birth Date: 17 Aug 1924
Death Date: 26 Aug 2002
Social Security Number: 010-22-0687
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Massachusetts

Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 01852
Localities: Lowell, Middlesex, Massachusetts

this is another???? as we can know? no reply from missing you!!
regards to all, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

suanj and all this is the message that I received from Missing You UK this am.
"We have no way of confirming that. The email address attached to the message was not complete either so any replies would have never reacher her."

Will try to see if they will give me the partial address that they have and might be possible to track from there??
JAnice
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jcsm400 »

deleted
Post Reply