Greetings all,
I was wondering if it is possible to request copies of marriage processetti from the Archivio di Stato di Napoli for Municipalità 6 (San Giovanni a Teduccio and Barra). I know that this archive has copies of the marriage atti, but I don't know if they would have copies of the processetti as well. Unfortunately, the records for Municipalità 6 have not been scanned by FamilySearch.
Thanks,
Sarah
Requesting processetti from the Archivio di Stato di Napoli?
Re: Requesting processetti from the Archivio di Stato di Napoli?
That's a good question. We see processetti, also called allegati in some places, for marriages online all the time from State Archives...and yet every single time I have requested them from a State Archive they claim to not have it, or that they are not allowed to give me a copy.
That said I have communicated with the Archivio di Stato di Napoli in the past, and they have always been extremely helpful. The only thing is they usually charge for documents and they do not have a bank account so they ask for it to be done through transfers, like Western Union style, which I have never been comfortable doing.
I usually have someone go there in person to grab things I need. If you should seek that route I have worked with someone in Naples before who got be Catasto records - which cost me the same price the Archive asked me to send, so I felt it was safer. PM me if you want his name.
That said I have communicated with the Archivio di Stato di Napoli in the past, and they have always been extremely helpful. The only thing is they usually charge for documents and they do not have a bank account so they ask for it to be done through transfers, like Western Union style, which I have never been comfortable doing.
I usually have someone go there in person to grab things I need. If you should seek that route I have worked with someone in Naples before who got be Catasto records - which cost me the same price the Archive asked me to send, so I felt it was safer. PM me if you want his name.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Requesting processetti from the Archivio di Stato di Napoli?
It has been my experience that where the processetti or allegati exist the Mormons have microfilmed them. If they are not on microfilm for the period you need the chances are they no longer exist OR have not been catalogued by the archives in which case you won't get them anyway.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Requesting processetti from the Archivio di Stato di Napoli?
Anizio, Italysearcher,
Thanks, this makes sense. I suspect you're right and the archives don't have them, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I've also had a really good experience requesting records from them via email, but agree that the Western Union thing is a hassle. I've almost exhausted the Portale Antenati and FamilySearch records, so am about ready to start looking for castato, liste di leva, etc. It might make sense to have someone visit the archives in person for getting copies of bigger records. Thanks again!
Thanks, this makes sense. I suspect you're right and the archives don't have them, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I've also had a really good experience requesting records from them via email, but agree that the Western Union thing is a hassle. I've almost exhausted the Portale Antenati and FamilySearch records, so am about ready to start looking for castato, liste di leva, etc. It might make sense to have someone visit the archives in person for getting copies of bigger records. Thanks again!

