I believe I found the death record of my 3rd great-grandfather: Gennaro MARRA from 1829. I wonder if anyone here can help decipher the surname of his mother. I am attaching both the death record and the entry from the index.
Also, I am used to seeing the name of the spouse on the death records but I do not see that here (unless I am missing it) - her name was Angela Arrigo. It is always helpful for confirmation purposes. Was it common in this time period to not include the name of the spouse?
Thank you for any possible help.
Regards,
Ellen
Name of Mother of Deceased?
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Name of Mother of Deceased?
Mother's surname is Giustra.
Angela
Angela
Re: Name of Mother of Deceased?
Thanks very much - that is a surname I have not seen before!
Ellen
Ellen
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Name of Mother of Deceased?
Happy to help, Ellen. I don't know why the wife's name wasn't recorded in the record. Possibily the declarants didn't know his marital status? Or, possibily it wasn't the practice in that particular town that year. You could flick through some other records to see whether that was the case.
Just wanted to mention that when making requests for translations, we do prefer you to post the url to the online records, rather than copies that you have downloaded, and then uploaded here. It then saves us either having to look ourselves for the online record, or downloading them to our desktops and adjusting them to make them more readable. Thanks.
Cheers
Angela
Just wanted to mention that when making requests for translations, we do prefer you to post the url to the online records, rather than copies that you have downloaded, and then uploaded here. It then saves us either having to look ourselves for the online record, or downloading them to our desktops and adjusting them to make them more readable. Thanks.
Cheers
Angela
Re: Name of Mother of Deceased?
Sorry I forgot to link to the Antenati pages. Thanks for the reminder and your time!
Ellen
Ellen
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Name of Mother of Deceased?
All good!!!EllenD wrote: 03 Mar 2020, 22:56 Sorry I forgot to link to the Antenati pages. Thanks for the reminder and your time!
Ellen
Angela
