Help transcribe record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
ashleykel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Jan 2026, 03:33

Help transcribe record

Post by ashleykel »

I recently found what I think is my great grandfather's birth record and am having trouble reading the handwriting. I would be grateful for any help.
Attachments
Screenshot 2026-01-04 at 1.36.33 pm.png
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help transcribe record

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Welcome to the forum.

Birth No 150: Antonio Caristo

Registered in Caulonia on 13 June 1901

Appearing before the official was Giuseppe Caristo, son of the deceased Domenico, 31 yo possidente (landowner), living in Caulonia. He reported that at 1.30 am on 13 of the current month (ie today), in the house in Borgata San Nicola, No 25, from his legitimate wife, living with him, Carmela Piceionere, 29 yo, filatrice (spinner), daughter of Vincenzo, was born a male baby who he presented to the official, and gave the name of Antonio.

The other names mentioned there are of those witnessing the birth registration.

Just want to mention that, when you have it, we prefer the online link to the record you are requiring translation for, not a screenshot. Thank you.

Angela
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help transcribe record

Post by mmogno »

@AngelaGrace56
Carmela Piscioneri, non Piceionere.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help transcribe record

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mmogno wrote: 05 Jan 2026, 23:13 @AngelaGrace56
Carmela Piscioneri, non Piceionere.

Thanks for catching my typo. Yes, I know it is Piscioneri. What I had originally written was Piseioneri and then wondered how you would pronounce such a name, so rechecked the record, and saw it was in fact Piscioneri. I thought I'd corrected it but I did so incorrectly. Thanks again.

Angela
Post Reply