Grande Hotel Victoria Naples

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Ardbeg

Grande Hotel Victoria Naples

Post by Ardbeg »

Hello! Can anyone help with any knowledge of the Grande Hotel Victoria, Naples please? My great grandad, Francisco Merlo, was the proprietor there long ago and I know so little about him but have started a journey to hopefully discover more. I am travelling to Naples in a few weeks and ideally want to visit the site of the hotel. I cannot find the hotel online at all, nor any information about it, past or present. I have an old letter from my great grandad to his daughter in London, sent in 1908, using the hotel letterhead and envelope. The letterhead states Grand Hotel Victoria, Naples 'Quai Partenope, pres du jardin public et Place Vittoria'
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Grande Hotel Victoria Naples

Post by Tessa78 »

This is a link to the Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria overlooking the Gulf of Naples.

https://excelsiorvittoria.com/en/sorren ... lance.html

T.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Attachments
438059237_7799522153412993_2974354532919332505_n.jpg