Jure Sanguinis Appointment at New York Consulate?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
SBarretta

Jure Sanguinis Appointment at New York Consulate?

Post by SBarretta »

Hello, Italian-Gen community!

Curious to know if any have had any luck securing a Jure Sanguinis appointment at the New York consulate. I have been refreshing the page daily at 6pm (per the recommendation on the consulate's site) to no avail.

Hoping there are other tricks I can try, though I'm not optimistic. As a resident of New York City, can I apply at any other potentially less in-demand consulates?

Thank you

For anyone curious, more info on my JS request:
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... logy/45225
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 62#p276462
mler
Master
Master

Re: Jure Sanguinis Appointment at New York Consulate?

Post by mler »

No, you will have to apply in NY. You may want to join the Facebook dual citizenship group. They provide tips for obtaining appointments that may be of help.
WhereisPio

Post by WhereisPio »

While I cannot place the source of where I read it, this worked for me: new appointments are released on Mondays only at Roman midnight. I did that while refreshing the browser like crazy and saw 3 formerly non-available appointments turn green right before my eyes. It is still about 21 months away, so patience is needed. Best of luck!
SBarretta

Post by SBarretta »

Hi mler & all - quickly closing the loop on this thread should it be helpful to future users.

I was able to secure an appointment at the NYC consulate by logging in to the calendar page at 6PM exactly -credentials entered & ready for me to hit go as soon as the clock ticked 6:00:00. They appear to open up one day of appointments every evening, 2 years out (I made my appointment for 12/9/21 on 12/9/19 ).

Just managed this by setting a reminder on my work PC at 5:50pm to prepare. For those having trouble, 6:01 is too late :)

Thanks!
bitterbatter

Post by bitterbatter »

Hi - i just tried the stroke-of-6 trick - but the 8th of january 2022 is a saturday, so not available. When do appointments for Monday 1/11/2022 open up? Sunday at 6? or Friday (tomorrow)?

thanks so much!

Best,
Joe
Joe Zizzo - New York