DNA

Genetic genealogy is the application of genetics to traditional genealogy. Genetic genealogy involves the use of genealogical DNA testing to determine the level and type of the genetic relationship between individuals.
thomaslupo

DNA

Post by thomaslupo »

Hello,

I am researching my bio grandfather born 1897 - 1898 in Cosenza Italy or nearby village. He was brought to America in 1900 at the age of two by my family. He was adopted by my family at some point. I am trying to find out who his parents are. I have the ship manifest thats about it.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Re: DNA

Post by MarcuccioV »

thomaslupo wrote: 11 Jan 2024, 23:04 Hello,

I am researching my bio grandfather born 1897 - 1898 in Cosenza Italy or nearby village. He was brought to America in 1900 at the age of two by my family. He was adopted by my family at some point. I am trying to find out who his parents are. I have the ship manifest thats about it.
Can you post his birth name (if known)..?
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Post the ship manifest.
thomaslupo

Post by thomaslupo »

I do not know his birth surname. My DNA shows several 2nd - 3rd cousins ranging from 123cm to 243cm these all have a common ancestor Biegliano or Buliano in their trees. My grandfather was either adopted or just taken in by Antonio Lupo and Teresa Lupo All the ship manifest shows is Alfredo traveling with Teresa Soda, Antonio was already in America
thomaslupo

Post by thomaslupo »

record-image_ (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Family Search transcribes last place of residence for Teresa and Alfredo as "Figline" on the ship manifest. What does it show for Antonio on his ship manifest?

Birth • 9 Sources
4 March 1898
Cosenza, Calabria, Italy

Custom Fact
Orphan
Alfredo was adopted by the Lupo family. He was an orphan, also known as a foundling or projetto. His surname at birth may have been Burza.
EDIT
Last Changed: May 3, 2022

A
Alex Ezra Campbell
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

They have Teresa's birthplace as "Mangone", Cosenza, Calabria.
haultalented

Post by haultalented »

The size and activity of the local genealogical community may also have an impact on how many DNA matches you have on a given side. More matches to one side may result from larger family trees and genetic databases.