Accoglimento Totale / 1948 case

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
s38tommaso

Accoglimento Totale / 1948 case

Post by s38tommaso »

After 3 years and 8 months of effort, I received my judgment this morning of Full Acceptance on my 1948 case.

I've posted elsewhere in this forum, but to briefly recap my timeline:
June 2020: begin eligibility research
January 2021: engage ICA, begin collecting official documents
... [other stuff, corrections, translations, etc] ...
February 2023: file in Court of Potenza
March 2023: receive hearing date
October 2023: hearing date
Febrary 2024: accoglimento totale
I know this is not the "statement of no appeal" which makes the judge's decision final but that's essentially a formality. My lawyer is already petitioning to reduce the appellate time to 30 days from 90.

Good luck out there, happy to answer any questions in this thread.
bmorocco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Accoglimento Totale / 1948 case

Post by bmorocco »

Congratulations!

I hope you got your final statement!

I have roughly the same timeline as you. At least I started around the same time with ICA. I have my hearing scheduled for NOV 7 this year. It's already moved once from October... And my case is in ROME, because GGF was born in outskirts... though EVERYONE else in Family is from Calabria/Sicily...

So fingers are crossed. What consulate are you now lining up for? I'm in Los Angeles, so I imagine I'll have a long wait even then.

But it's great to hear that ICA worked out. I have had all the documents in place since last year. And it gets quiet for a while just waiting on the court... So it's really nice to read this.

I'd like to know what you did to fill in the time? I am looking forward to possibly finding work in Italy. I'm not yet in a position to retire( 53), but if I could find something there, it would make moving much easier.

Thanks!
Bill Morocco

Names in my family I'm working on: Muraca, Moraca, Santelli, Tolone, Patituccio, Castelucci, Grandinetti
s38tommaso

Post by s38tommaso »

Hey Bill,

As it happens, I have *not* received the final statement yet. There is a delay, here is how it was explained to me:
Agenzia delle Entrate must register the judgment and then report it to the court before the court is able to issue this certificate, and this public body in this period has a lot of workload and backlog.

Unfortunate, but not surprising. Hopefully it comes soon.

With regard to the consulate, it was my understanding that a consular appointment would not be necessary when taking the 1948 judicial route, and that documents would be generated in-Italy once the final statement is received. Do you know differently?

As far as filling the time goes, I have been trying to find distant cousins in Italy, with some minor success. I'm still mid-way through my career, and I'm maybe lucky given that the company I work for has business entities throughout Europe -- for now, at least, it seems likely that I could take my job with me.

Yeah, the waiting game is a tough one, but ICA has been good about notifying me as soon as something happens. Still, when more than the average or expected time for a given step elapses and I don't hear anything, I shoot them a little message to ask if there are any problems. They have been great about explaining the reason behind delays to me throughout this process.

Fingers crossed yours moves along quickly from here!

Tom
lunadam

Post by lunadam »

s38tommaso wrote: 17 May 2024, 01:16 Hey Bill, Pokemon Infinite Fusion

As it happens, I have *not* received the final statement yet. There is a delay, here is how it was explained to me:
Agenzia delle Entrate must register the judgment and then report it to the court before the court is able to issue this certificate, and this public body in this period has a lot of workload and backlog.

Unfortunate, but not surprising. Hopefully it comes soon.

With regard to the consulate, it was my understanding that a consular appointment would not be necessary when taking the 1948 judicial route, and that documents would be generated in-Italy once the final statement is received. Do you know differently?

As far as filling the time goes, I have been trying to find distant cousins in Italy, with some minor success. I'm still mid-way through my career, and I'm maybe lucky given that the company I work for has business entities throughout Europe -- for now, at least, it seems likely that I could take my job with me.

Yeah, the waiting game is a tough one, but ICA has been good about notifying me as soon as something happens. Still, when more than the average or expected time for a given step elapses and I don't hear anything, I shoot them a little message to ask if there are any problems. They have been great about explaining the reason behind delays to me throughout this process.

Fingers crossed yours moves along quickly from here!

Tom
Hope good things will come to you
s38tommaso

Post by s38tommaso »

The certificate of no appeal came through today. So the updated timeline:
June 2020: begin eligibility research
January 2021: engage ICA, begin collecting official documents
... [other stuff, corrections, translations, etc] ...
February 2023: file in Court of Potenza
March 2023: receive hearing date
October 2023: hearing date
February 2024: accoglimento totale
June 2024: passaggio in giudicato (certificate of no appeal)
bmorocco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmorocco »

Congratulations TOM!

Just came back to check in on you. So what is ICA suggesting now? You responded to me above with this question but I have not reached out to them yet... I'm getting ready to make final payment before NOV Court Date.
Do you know if it's true I would not need to wait 2 yrs more at Conulate?

I also think I should be looking forward (WITH OPTIMISM) and try reaching out to what would be distant and forgotten but still verifiable relations both in the commune I'm applying to (Roma) and in Calabria.

Have you got any tips for that process? Are you contacting the local post office? That's what immediately comes to mind.

Thanks again,
Billy
Bill Morocco

Names in my family I'm working on: Muraca, Moraca, Santelli, Tolone, Patituccio, Castelucci, Grandinetti