Italian Dual Citizenship companies

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
taxi55
Veteran
Veteran

Italian Dual Citizenship companies

Post by taxi55 »

Hi Folks,

We might need to utilize the services of a company that specializes in dual citizenship due to our family circumstances. We’ve researched companies and wanted to know if anyone has used IDC or ICA. Thoughts based on your experience? Welcome all input.

Much appreciated, enjoy your day.
MaddalenaNYC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Italian Dual Citizenship companies

Post by MaddalenaNYC »

I started out looking for an agency to help me with Jure Sanguinis and soon discovered that I knew more about my family than they did, even after their initial research.

I’m doing it on my own now. If one can find the US records, that’s the hard part as the US did not keep such impeccable records as the Italians did, getting Apostiles and translations is easy.

As to the Italian, birth, marriage, and death acts. If you know where in Italy these Acts occurred, you might be ok hiring a local Italian attorney to compile same.
My second cousin twice removed has done it on his own and through a female line to boot. A close family friend has also done it on his own. But his was easier; father to grandfather, short line and the family friend speaks Italian.

It takes time.
cingio674@gmail.com

Post by cingio674@gmail.com »

Hi there.I'm not sure how to use this site yet, but I am trying to locate anyone that may have been related to our grandfather Amerigo Giovacchini , born 1891 in colognora di campito. Or our grandmother Jane Menarini (which may have been regina) born 1894, also in the colognora di campito area. I don't know how to find their birth records. I would really appreciate some help.

Blessings and thank you, Cindy Giovacchini
taxi55
Veteran
Veteran

Post by taxi55 »

Thanks for the information MaddalenaNYC! We might need to use a service at least to sort out and define if we need to go through the Consulate or the Italian Court due to our line’s path. You make a good point - we all probably know more about our families than these services. And I agree, some of the US/NYC records are not as easy to find as my Italian comune’s records.

I’m hopeful that I am able to find certain US/NYC birth records that have eluded me so far since I will need them for the Dual Citizenship process.

Good luck to you with your own Dual Citizenship!
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Why don’t you list the line you will be using. We can then define the path.

Example

Ggf born —- naturalized- ———
Gf born (where) date
m born (where) date
You
taxi55
Veteran
Veteran

Post by taxi55 »

Hi mler! It’s been a while!

I had typed a lengthy response and then got logged out before I could send and lost it all. So let’s try this again.

I’m unsure which line would qualify due to contradictory information I read online and the ever-changing challenges being brought to the Italian courts. (Which I might need to do instead of going through a consulate.) I will provide the paternal line below which might not qualify due to 1912, but I’ll leave it up to the experts to let me know.

If this line does not qualify, I can then post other lines that might.

GGF born 1867 (IT). Married GGM 1892 (IT). GGM born 1872 (IT);
GF born (US) 1894.
F born (US)
Me born (US)

Does the “ius soli” only apply to US born minor of an Italian Citizen (GF) if the Italian citizen (GGF) naturalized after 1912? I know it disqualifies a child born in Italy who moved with the parents to the US and the father naturalized before 1912 while that child was stilla minor, but I wasn’t sure about the US born minor.

I’ve read that some are bringing cases to the Italian court for Italian women who lost their citizenship when there husband naturalized. Would this apply to my GGM and GF above? Could he still be considered an Italian citizen if his mother (my GGM) didn’t chose to naturalize?

Sorry I’m not as well versed as others on this board. (I’m reading and always learning.)

Thanks for all your help and guidance!
Connta

Post by Connta »

That's was helpfull !
sarausa

Post by sarausa »

The cost of services from both IDC and ICA can vary depending on your specific requirements. You should request a detailed price list and compare between companies to determine the cost that fits your budget.