Search found 4 matches
- 09 Dec 2004, 19:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
- Replies: 19
- Views: 15860
Re: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
I'm pretty sure now that his name was Georgio Stralli and he was from northern Italy. One of my relatives told me that his family used to herd sheep over the border to Switzerland. Also, I know that he immigrated to Canada before the US.
- 09 Dec 2004, 18:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
- Replies: 19
- Views: 15860
Re: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
Hi Peter,
I haven't had any luck with the Canadian Immigration records on the internet. I've found many promising sites, but never found anyone who immigrated with the last name Stralli in the early 1900s. On the 1920 US Federal Census, it's recorded that he immigrated in 1907. I'm not sure if that ...
I haven't had any luck with the Canadian Immigration records on the internet. I've found many promising sites, but never found anyone who immigrated with the last name Stralli in the early 1900s. On the 1920 US Federal Census, it's recorded that he immigrated in 1907. I'm not sure if that ...
- 09 Dec 2004, 17:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
- Replies: 19
- Views: 15860
Re: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
Thank you all for your feedback. Since I posted, I found out that one of my grandfather's brothers is still alive and I've spoken to his wife. She told me that the surname was spelled Stralli and he immigrated to Canada because he couldn't get into the US directly. I hope to find out more from them.
- 30 Nov 2004, 03:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
- Replies: 19
- Views: 15860
Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
I'm a new member of Italian Genealogy so please bear with me. I'm looking for information on my paternal great grandfather and great grandmother. They lived and died in Waterloo, NY. His name was George Strally and he was born in Italy in 1889. All I know is that he immigrated to the US in 1907 from ...