Search found 12 matches
- 26 Nov 2010, 21:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Church: Santa Maria, Castiglione di Sicilia
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3819
Church: Santa Maria, Castiglione di Sicilia
How can I find this Roman Catholic parish in Castiglione di Sicilia?
- 02 Dec 2007, 03:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization Information
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5215
Re: Naturalization Information
Thanks a lot for the help you guys. Much appreciated!!
I have received Petitions for Naturalization Applications from my relatives and found very useful information if they give you the handwritten copies. There is a form if you want it e-mail me at: etobia@stny.rr.com
Here's the INS e-mail ...
I have received Petitions for Naturalization Applications from my relatives and found very useful information if they give you the handwritten copies. There is a form if you want it e-mail me at: etobia@stny.rr.com
Here's the INS e-mail ...
- 05 Dec 2006, 21:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration route
- Replies: 23
- Views: 21265
Re: NATURALIZATION RECORDS
I received this reply to my inquiry about National Immigration and Naturalization records through NARA. (National Archives and Records Administration) Of course I am making a big assumption that you have not used this service.
Here is what I learned:
Citizenship is not required for military ...
Here is what I learned:
Citizenship is not required for military ...
- 12 Nov 2006, 20:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8630
Re: TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
What type of microfilm would be at LDS? I thought I did a though search of LDS and have come up empty...... the data they do have is the same that is already known.
- 12 Nov 2006, 18:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8630
Re: TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
Before you can begin your research in Italy, you need to identify the exact town of interest, as records are kept in the comune itself.
Do you know the town of interest?
There are a few records that can be sent for at the Provincial level, but you would need birthdate and the names of parents in ...
Do you know the town of interest?
There are a few records that can be sent for at the Provincial level, but you would need birthdate and the names of parents in ...
- 08 Nov 2006, 14:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: US citizenship in exchange for WWI military service
- Replies: 14
- Views: 21491
Re: US citizenship in exchange for WWI military service
Question: What is naturalization?
Answer: Naturalization is the process by which an alien becomes an American citizen. Naturalization records may provide a researcher with information such as a person's birth date and location, occupation, immigration year, marital status and spouse information ...
Answer: Naturalization is the process by which an alien becomes an American citizen. Naturalization records may provide a researcher with information such as a person's birth date and location, occupation, immigration year, marital status and spouse information ...
- 07 Nov 2006, 00:45
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: emailing for a birth record?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5352
Re: emailing for a birth record?
How would I get a birth record;marriage record; etc.? la Pescara; Castiglione di Sicilia, Catania, It; Torre de Pessare(sp?)
- 07 Nov 2006, 00:40
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Any Information on Torre de' Passeri and Villa San Giov
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6080
Re: Any Information on Torre de' Passeri and Villa San
Our TOBIA family and our MONTOPOLI family are from Torre De'Passeri and Pescara! Would be interested in sharing family names and research on these two locations.
- 01 Nov 2006, 02:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: ricerco cugini LO PICCOLO in NY
- Replies: 108
- Views: 130065
Re: ricerco cugini LO PICCOLO in NY
Did your grandfather Vincenzo ever travel to America? I show two Francesco lo PICCOLO on NY PASSENGER LISTS around the time you state. Over recent years by now I try to have news of the descendants of FRANCESCO LO PICCOLO, been born to SAN GIUSEPPE JATO in province of Palermo 30 January 1887, left ...
- 28 Oct 2006, 14:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8630
Re: TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
is TOBIA a commom name in italy? There arent a lot of tobias in the USA so I wouldnt think it would be that common of a name in italy
It appears to be quite common. Go to: http://www.gens.labo.net/ and enter it as a surname and it will show you demographically the concentration of the italian ...
It appears to be quite common. Go to: http://www.gens.labo.net/ and enter it as a surname and it will show you demographically the concentration of the italian ...
- 28 Oct 2006, 14:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8630
Re: TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
I'm not sure which recent posting on TOBIA you are referring to? I did see a forum subject referring to a specific Tobia person (Augusto???) Anyway I'm hoping to locate those who are in the same area of Itay. Should I post it there as well? If you're referring to some other recent post please direct ...
- 28 Oct 2006, 13:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8630
TOBIA, COMPOBASSO and PESCARA REGION
Hello all. I'm looking to meet folks researching: TORNATORE, TOBIA families. TORNATORE's being from: Siracusa and Catania and TOBIA's being from la Pescara and Compobasso.
How might I get linked back to these communities and find records of births and marriages?
I'm new to genealogy work in Italy ...
How might I get linked back to these communities and find records of births and marriages?
I'm new to genealogy work in Italy ...