Search found 24 matches

by michaelPiacentini
17 Apr 2018, 16:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/IAYBAbJQPeNhJRwT2
Looking for some help with a translation.
Been a few years and I recently gained new information that I am trying to follow up on.
by michaelPiacentini
05 Apr 2007, 16:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

Well now my Grandfather was Mario and he died in 1990 as well??
What state and what date did the Mario you speak of pass away?
by michaelPiacentini
05 Apr 2007, 02:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

I'm amazed that this old topic is back up top. Glad to see it helped somebody else.
I have learned a lot since this topic last year.

The last name on several of the manifests that we identified as Geurino, was actually Querqui. Michele was a cousin of my Great GF which me and my aunt figured out ...
by michaelPiacentini
09 May 2006, 06:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: PIACENTINI CAVELLI TOGNARELLI TACHERI PELLIGRINI
Replies: 4
Views: 6316

Re: PIACENTINI CAVELLI TOGNARELLI TACHERI PELLIGRINI

My name is Michael Piacentini from Connecticut USA.
Whereabouts is Barga?
My Great GF was Salvatore Piacentini and we don't know exactly where his origins were. He settled in Strangologalli and then came to the us many times in early 1900's

Sincerely,
Mike Piacentini
by michaelPiacentini
13 Mar 2006, 04:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

Found out why he was using a different name. Was avoiding serving in the Italian Army.
by michaelPiacentini
12 Mar 2006, 19:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

Just thought I'd report where my research has ended up. I found out from my aunt that my Great GF Salvatore actually made 11 trips to the us but only 3 using his own name. He used the name of somebody who was deceased the other times.
Why would somebody use an alias? Was he a criminal? A limit on US ...
by michaelPiacentini
02 Mar 2006, 21:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family Crest...Coat of Arms
Replies: 4
Views: 6349

Re: Family Crest...Coat of Arms

How do I know if the coat of arms I have found is indeed valid?
by michaelPiacentini
26 Feb 2006, 07:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

Just found out that the last name was Guarino on those manifests. Spoke to my father and when I mentioned the name it jarred some memories.
There are still a few left here and in NY.
Something that has disturbed me is the find of a death record of a Isidoro Vallecoccia in 1985 here in BPT CT. Not ...
by michaelPiacentini
25 Feb 2006, 09:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

Now in 1922 manifest that you posted from Patria, there is Vincenzo Sementilli right above my GGF and it lists Fillipo as his father.
That confirms for us that almost 100 years ago, my GGF traveled with Pietro and Vincenzo Sementilli
Also in 1909 there is another Sementilli on line 13 who's name I ...
by michaelPiacentini
25 Feb 2006, 08:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

After reviewing the manifest from the Venezia on may 12 1909 I found another entry for Antonio Vallecoccia who was visiting a cousin Pasquale.
Just below that is my Great Grandfather Salvatore also visiting his cousin Pasquale. He was only 24 at the time and my grandfather wasn't born for another 11 ...
by michaelPiacentini
23 Feb 2006, 08:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

You folks are amazing with this.
I was actually named by mother with nobody else in mind :}
I am relaying this info to my family as I get it and they are shocked.
I even found some awesome photos online of the ss Patria which they came on.
Now as far as Bedford goes, that is where my Grandfather ...
by michaelPiacentini
23 Feb 2006, 07:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

I forgot her maiden name but we know about her side. I'll get that info from my family.
My question is why was the destination of so many Italian immigrants 34 Mulberry st. The 1906 manifest says that is where my ggf was headed.
Ive done a google search and found this destination to be a common one ...
by michaelPiacentini
23 Feb 2006, 06:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

I looked at that manifest and I'm wondering if anybody can decipher the cousins last name. I can't read any of it.

This site is amazing and you people are amazing.

Thanks so much
by michaelPiacentini
23 Feb 2006, 04:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

Just spoke to my father and That is his grandparents but they didn't get here until 1929 unless they left and came back. he didn't work for Remington my father says.
Looks like he visited once and came back, maybe?
Cause my grandfather was 9 yrs old and came here in 1929.
In 1922 he was 2 yrs old ...
by michaelPiacentini
23 Feb 2006, 02:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 56
Views: 52732

Re: Where to start?

As far as we know Mario had no siblings. But his father, Salvatore was supposedly an orphan as the story goes but he did have some family that he knew and left behind in Italy. We believe there was an older brother left behind in Italy.
I'm hoping to end up there somehow at the end of this quest ...