Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions. I've now got the manifest for grandmother Marianna and Grandfather Dominic Caraffa. Two sailings, actually, I guess he was a commuter.
Problem was the unexpected spelling. He's shown as Carafa, first name Domenico. Someone actually did send me a message ...
Search found 5 matches
- 09 Sep 2006, 06:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Got It!
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4347
- 08 Sep 2006, 01:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Caraffa
- Replies: 41
- Views: 26552
Re: Caraffa
SUANJ found my grandmother's arrival in 1920 at Ellis Island. I have searched and searched ellisisland.org for that record and I keep getting no match.
Is there something special I should be doing? I'm searching on their passenger search, filling in all the blanks, and getting 0 match.
Sorry to ...
Is there something special I should be doing? I'm searching on their passenger search, filling in all the blanks, and getting 0 match.
Sorry to ...
- 08 Sep 2006, 01:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Caraffa
- Replies: 41
- Views: 26552
Re: Caraffa
Thanks to all you guys for your interest and help.
As for Albert Caraffa's death info: this was my father and I was there, so know all about that. Ditto for Mary's death, my grandmother.
As for the Domenico on Mike's manifest, some of the facts seem possible but others do not.
As for the other ...
As for Albert Caraffa's death info: this was my father and I was there, so know all about that. Ditto for Mary's death, my grandmother.
As for the Domenico on Mike's manifest, some of the facts seem possible but others do not.
As for the other ...
- 06 Sep 2006, 21:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Caraffa
- Replies: 41
- Views: 26552
Re: Caraffa
I can't figure out how to send replies to individuals, so I hope this gets to NUCCIA and JCSM400. (I'm new at this.)
Thanks to you both for the information. It's very informative and exciting. Yes, the family is correct, the children's name are right. I don't know if Dominic used Anthony, I doubt ...
Thanks to you both for the information. It's very informative and exciting. Yes, the family is correct, the children's name are right. I don't know if Dominic used Anthony, I doubt ...
- 04 Sep 2006, 20:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Caraffa
- Replies: 41
- Views: 26552
Caraffa
I am looking for information on grandparents:
Dominic Caraffa, married to Mary Pietrosemoli.
Mary born in 1893. Both from Abuzzi. Emigrated to U.S. maybe in 1915-1920. Settled in Philadelphia.
This is all I know.
Does anyone have any information? Thanks.
Dominic Caraffa, married to Mary Pietrosemoli.
Mary born in 1893. Both from Abuzzi. Emigrated to U.S. maybe in 1915-1920. Settled in Philadelphia.
This is all I know.
Does anyone have any information? Thanks.