The most interesting thing i found was the fact that they dropped the "La" in Lacavera. Sometimes Lacavera, other times Cavera. Strange indeed..
-DJ
Search found 52 matches
- 30 Jan 2007, 13:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
- 29 Jan 2007, 20:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
Hey Nuccia,
I also wanted to show you what a fellow Giuffre in the States found out about my great-great grandmother Carmela Lacavera. You were looking into some details for her a while back:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to tell ...
I also wanted to show you what a fellow Giuffre in the States found out about my great-great grandmother Carmela Lacavera. You were looking into some details for her a while back:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to tell ...
- 29 Jan 2007, 19:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
haha. yes put it back up.
sleep well nuccia.
DJ
sleep well nuccia.
DJ
- 29 Jan 2007, 19:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
haha. very cool. the picture is tiny, but i'm pretty sure i see long hair. do you have Irish blood as well?
Thanks!
DJ
Thanks!
DJ
- 29 Jan 2007, 19:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
Thanks Nuccia!
Happy New Year to you as well! I always thought you were a guy...I'm assuming you're not now?
Hugs to you as well!
DJ
Happy New Year to you as well! I always thought you were a guy...I'm assuming you're not now?
Hugs to you as well!
DJ
- 29 Jan 2007, 17:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
- 29 Jan 2007, 17:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
update on my Giuffre family tree...
Giuffre Family Tree[/url]
Giuffre Family Tree[/url]
- 17 Nov 2006, 17:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
No , i sent one to the dealership last week. nothing back yet...we'll see.
i'll keep you posted!
DJ
i'll keep you posted!
DJ
- 17 Nov 2006, 13:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
BTW, i'm almost positive that Giuffre Auto based in Chicago (the late-Leonardo Giuffre started it up) is close family. I think that that Leo and my grandfather Leonardo were first-born males and first cousins from the Giuffre family.
DJ
DJ
- 17 Nov 2006, 13:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
Nuccia, long time! I hope all is well?
Yeah the stuff you PM'd me is, i think, Giuseppe's brother's wife and kids. They both married into the Vazzana (different Vazzana fathers - brothers) family apparently. This was Francesco Eduardo Giuffre's family. I think they stayed in the US.
Cheers,
DJ
Yeah the stuff you PM'd me is, i think, Giuseppe's brother's wife and kids. They both married into the Vazzana (different Vazzana fathers - brothers) family apparently. This was Francesco Eduardo Giuffre's family. I think they stayed in the US.
Cheers,
DJ
- 16 Nov 2006, 21:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
280 Queen St was where my grandfather was headed
- 16 Nov 2006, 21:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
My great grandfather Giuseppe was married to a Rosaria Vazzana though. he came in the early 1900's too. i'll have to dig through here and find the exact date. he travelled with an Amodeo (last name)...
I'll get back to you on that, but if you look through all of this i think it's in there somewhere ...
I'll get back to you on that, but if you look through all of this i think it's in there somewhere ...
- 16 Nov 2006, 19:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
Hi Tricia,
Giuseppe Giuffre and the last name Calderone are familiar. I'd have to look back into how Calderone is linked to my Giuffre side. In 1904 my grandfather, Leonardo Giuffre, wouldn't have been born yet. His birthdate was 1907 and he came to Canada in 1921. One interesting thing is that my ...
Giuseppe Giuffre and the last name Calderone are familiar. I'd have to look back into how Calderone is linked to my Giuffre side. In 1904 my grandfather, Leonardo Giuffre, wouldn't have been born yet. His birthdate was 1907 and he came to Canada in 1921. One interesting thing is that my ...
- 07 Nov 2006, 15:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Godfrey
- Replies: 56
- Views: 32339
Re: Godfrey
Hey Richie,
I just went through a similar headache trying to find out my family's original last name when they moved to Toronto from Termini Imerese, Sicily. Our last name was changed to Jeffrey. after years of digging i found out it was changed from Giuffre. Apparently Giuffrida is a variation of ...
I just went through a similar headache trying to find out my family's original last name when they moved to Toronto from Termini Imerese, Sicily. Our last name was changed to Jeffrey. after years of digging i found out it was changed from Giuffre. Apparently Giuffrida is a variation of ...
- 25 Oct 2006, 13:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIUFFRE
- Replies: 105
- Views: 69210
Re: GIUFFRE
I just found this. It looks like it has some info i couldn't find before. Namely my ggrandfather's siblings. The (unknown) Giuffre is Leonardo Giuffre (my gggrandfather) and the Giuseppe is my ggrandfather.
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~guiffre/ ... m00028.htm
DJ
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~guiffre/ ... m00028.htm
DJ