Once again, thank you everyone for your help. :) Because of this site, several people have emailed me with some information. One of which may be able to help me trace the family back to the 1500s if we can find a link between the two cities.
To try and compile all of the Petruso information, I've ...
Search found 14 matches
- 19 Jun 2007, 03:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
- 11 Dec 2006, 20:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Palermo, cities
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3436
Re: Palermo, cities
When I did a google search for Germia, Palermo it corrected itself to Geremia. I'm not sure whether or not it is a city because most results were returned in Italian but maybe one of our experts could tell us that. 
Click here to see the search.
Click here to see the search.
- 24 Nov 2006, 18:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
Once again thanks for your help. It seems like wherever I'm at (on the internet), you seem to follow. Yesterday I was at my grandma's and we were searching for Petruso's at myspace and yours popped up. ;) Though she said that she didn't ever hear of a Stephanie in the family, so I told her how I ...
- 21 Nov 2006, 23:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Princess Info
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8556
Re: Italian Princess Info
It's great that you have such an interesting story having to do with your ancestry. I'm no expert with Italian Genealogy (I've asked quite a few questions about my family too) but I can say that even if the story was told by a credible person that doesn't mean it is 100% true. They might not have ...
- 15 Nov 2006, 00:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
Thanks, Stephanie. Any idea who Domenico's parents were? (I might've asked you this before.) That'll help me so I don't have to have an "Unamed Person" in our family tree. Just for the record, we are 4th cousins according to the relationship calculator that came with my family tree software.
- 12 Nov 2006, 23:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What does this name mean,if anything?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6284
Re: What does this name mean,if anything?
Sorry but when I type in the last name at ancestry.com a meaning wasn't provided. Maybe someone else will have better luck looking it up.
- 12 Nov 2006, 17:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
Thank you guys (or girls), I shall add her to my family tree.
- 11 Nov 2006, 21:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
Thanks nuccia, and vj.
vj, any idea what her first name is? Can you tell whether it is Francesca or Francisca like nuccia said?
vj, any idea what her first name is? Can you tell whether it is Francesca or Francisca like nuccia said?
- 11 Nov 2006, 17:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
I apologize for the double post but something new came up. Can anyone read this name? I'm having trouble figuring out what it says. Thanks


- 11 Nov 2006, 02:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
Oh really? Thank you very much kimalan. You can email me at moneyman2010mn@yahoo.com, post the information here, or even PM me if you wish. I'll also be willing to send you the family tree I have created so far and you can pick and choose what you want to use with it.
Sorry for the late reply, by ...
Sorry for the late reply, by ...
- 10 Oct 2006, 05:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
Once again thanks for your help.
I checked out the link and of course had to translate it using babelfish because I don't know Italian. I eventually plan on learning it but I've been busy with school. (I'm only 15.) Now what microfilms would you suggest I buy? Of course the birth certificates for ...
I checked out the link and of course had to translate it using babelfish because I don't know Italian. I eventually plan on learning it but I've been busy with school. (I'm only 15.) Now what microfilms would you suggest I buy? Of course the birth certificates for ...
- 09 Oct 2006, 00:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
A few questions for you, Trish. If I go to the nearest Family History Center, exactly what would I be able to find? Do you feel that writing a letter to the town would be the best way to find out Santo's (Custode's father) parents since they most likely stayed in Italy their whole life?
Thanks ...
Thanks ...
- 08 Oct 2006, 06:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Re: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.
I do have a subscription to ancestory.com which does provide that information but it has very little info about Custode's dad. (They do spell Custode wrong.) The C Petruso wouldn't be the family but the second one is.
I do have a subscription to ancestory.com which does provide that information but it has very little info about Custode's dad. (They do spell Custode wrong.) The C Petruso wouldn't be the family but the second one is.
- 08 Oct 2006, 03:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
- Replies: 86
- Views: 62103
Petruso/Salvia - Palermo Region
I am looking for any information regarding the Petruso and Salvia families in the Palermo, Sicily region. I know that is pretty general but I also have a few more specific questions.
Right now in my family tree I have around 262 people in it. It's a nice start especially because it was mostly from ...
Right now in my family tree I have around 262 people in it. It's a nice start especially because it was mostly from ...