Will do! Thanks, Joyce!
Leslee
Search found 10 matches
- 06 Feb 2007, 14:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio LaFalce
- Replies: 23
- Views: 24052
- 05 Feb 2007, 23:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio LaFalce
- Replies: 23
- Views: 24052
Re: Antonio LaFalce
Hi Joyce,
Thanks for the very good advice. I will most definitely hang onto it!
Having never contacted any archive in Italy, I was afraid the information I had wasn't good enough... However, I think maybe it's time to take your earlier advice and give that a whirl!
Thanks for your help,
Leslee
Thanks for the very good advice. I will most definitely hang onto it!
Having never contacted any archive in Italy, I was afraid the information I had wasn't good enough... However, I think maybe it's time to take your earlier advice and give that a whirl!
Thanks for your help,
Leslee
- 05 Feb 2007, 15:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio LaFalce
- Replies: 23
- Views: 24052
Re: Antonio LaFalce
Hi Joyce,
I had checked Paginebianche.it and didn't find any LaFala listings. I was hoping that maybe that last "a" was really a "ce" written closely together, but the handwriting is so even and regular on the page that I knew it was a stretch! (Not to mention the fact that the age was off by about ...
I had checked Paginebianche.it and didn't find any LaFala listings. I was hoping that maybe that last "a" was really a "ce" written closely together, but the handwriting is so even and regular on the page that I knew it was a stretch! (Not to mention the fact that the age was off by about ...
- 05 Feb 2007, 01:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio LaFalce
- Replies: 23
- Views: 24052
Re: Antonio LaFalce
Thanks to the great help you all have given me, I am making good progress in my family search. However, I still have not found an immigration record for Antonio LaFalce. There are several who turn up in the Ancestry.com files, but none seem to be my great-grandfather. The closest I've found is ...
- 06 Jan 2007, 15:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Concentration Camps WW 2 - URL's Database
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3894
Re: Concentration Camps WW 2 - URL's Database
Nor could I open the link.
- 05 Jan 2007, 21:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help reading ellis Island manifest
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4730
Re: Help reading ellis Island manifest
I wonder if that first letter is an "S", and it says something about Sail or Sailor (which is his listed occupation). Almost looks like Sailor Boardinghouse, maybe...
- 03 Jan 2007, 21:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio LaFalce
- Replies: 23
- Views: 24052
Re: Antonio LaFalce
jcsm and suanj,
Thank you for your posts. The information is very helpful to me!
Thank you for your posts. The information is very helpful to me!
- 03 Jan 2007, 19:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio LaFalce
- Replies: 23
- Views: 24052
Re: Antonio LaFalce
Valarie, I had not yet found the records in the 1900 census, but this is my great-grandfather. Thanks so much!
eyetalgal, I don't know that I'm related to a Louie born in the 30s. I had an uncle by that name but born in 1921.
eyetalgal, I don't know that I'm related to a Louie born in the 30s. I had an uncle by that name but born in 1921.
- 03 Jan 2007, 16:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio LaFalce
- Replies: 23
- Views: 24052
Re: Antonio LaFalce
You know, as soon as I hit the "submit" button, I realized there was so much more I could have included! My apologies!
In addition to death certificates, I have census records from 1910-1930, which show my great-grandparents living on Sullivan Street in New York City.
Antonio LaFalce was born ...
In addition to death certificates, I have census records from 1910-1930, which show my great-grandparents living on Sullivan Street in New York City.
Antonio LaFalce was born ...
- 03 Jan 2007, 14:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio LaFalce
- Replies: 23
- Views: 24052
Antonio LaFalce
My great-grandfather, Antonio LaFalce, emigrated from Italy (perhaps somewhere in Avellino) to the US around 1885. He was born around 1862, and according to his death certificate, his mother's name was Isabella Farassi. His father's name is difficult to make out and doesn't make sense to me, but it ...